PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we losing 6 of our next 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're playing great, but there's one thing we gotta be honest with ourselves with:

This might be the easiest the AFC has ever been. Our conference has become a joke.

Can you honestly say that the AFC west or north's better? Those conferences have been a joke.

If the Steelers are the same team I just watched yesterday against Indy, that game will be over by halftime.
I agree. They are not impressive at all.

They seem capable of so much more.

I don't like the stretch in December where we play @BUF, @Mia, then @PITT.

Back to back road games are tough for any team. Back to back to back road game are going to be a challenge for any team particularly when the 3rd game of that stretch is against a team who currently is 7-2.

It's a tough stretch. In miami won't be easy. We should have no problems with buffalo.

I don't like the stretch in December where we play @BUF, @Mia, then @PITT.

Back to back road games are tough for any team. Back to back to back road game are going to be a challenge for any team particularly when the 3rd game of that stretch is against a team who currently is 7-2.

In theory, I agree but me thinks the Pats are a better road team than at home.

In reality, sure, it's quite possible we lose a game or three. When I project the matchups, however, as independent events, then I favor the Patriots in each of the remaining games.

Trust me, I totally understand where you are coming from when saying it is difficult to see us losing any of the 5 division games left.

After all, the Pats are without question better than any of those teams. That can sometimes lead us to a false sense of comfort for guaranteed victory.

For example, for fun let's say the Pats have an 87% chance of winning each divisional game. I'd say that's pretty high, but if you have an 87% chance of winning each game your odds of actually winning all five games are only 50%.

50% chance of going 5-0 is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it still ends up being a coin flip. I think that's what has happened in year's past, the law of averages. Of course if you think the Pats have a greater than 87% chance of winning then obviously the chances of going 5-0 are greater than 50%.

Not saying I disagree, just figured I'd throw more perspective. Because, yes, even after all that, I see them sweeping the division too.

In theory, I agree but me thinks the Pats are a better road team than at home.

A statement like this is completely justified. Just seems crazy that it would ever be a thought given the Pats historic home dominance, but you're right that lately they have been road warriors. Do we even want the #1 seed? Just kidding, of course we do.

steve smith said on NFLN that all the pats did was play themselves back into the conversation. he said the Chiefs are the best team in the afc (despite losing 3 in a row). and the steelers are next in line.....its so funny hearing these mediots trying to wish the pats into not being good.

I dont see how brady doesnt torch the steelers again like he always has

The Chiefs can't stop the run. Everything else will free flow from there. The Pats are the only team this year that had to play the majority of the game against them with Berry healthy while, on the other side, the defense had one broken coverage after another occurring. The Chiefs now are not the Chiefs of Week 1. If you're playing New England and you can't stop the run, you'll get demolished. The team that I wouldn't like to face the most in the AFC is the Steelers because they're the only offense that, if they're on, can hang with New England. Defensively, Brady has traditionally carved them up and after watching them this season, and especially yesterday, I don't see any reason why he couldn't do it again.

The Chiefs can't stop the run. Everything else will free flow from there. The Pats are the only team this year that had to play the majority of the game against them with Berry healthy while, on the other side, the defense had one broken coverage after another occurring. The Chiefs now are not the Chiefs of Week 1. If you're playing New England and you can't stop the run, you'll get demolished. The team that I wouldn't like to face the most in the AFC is the Steelers because they're the only offense that, if they're on, can hang with New England. Defensively, Brady has traditionally carved them up and after watching them this season, and especially yesterday, I don't see any reason why he couldn't do it again.

The steelers offense's still overrated to me and i think it's because of Big Ben. He's a good QB but he's broken down. If you can get him in on the road he looks a lot different.

A statement like this is completely justified. Just seems crazy that it would ever be a thought given the Pats historic home dominance, but you're right that lately they have been road warriors. Do we even want the #1 seed? Just kidding, of course we do.

Those early home game losses to KC and CAR seem like forever ago. They were good vs ATL but followed up with a uneven game vs LA.

With that said, because of the competition theyll face and the team hitting it's stride, I fully expect them to win their remaining home games.

It's a tough stretch. In miami won't be easy. We should have no problems with buffalo.
Why the **** not? @Miami and vs. Miami should be the two easiest games left on the schedule.

Where is this arrogance coming from that the Pats even have a shot to win 1 of the next 7 games? Did you not hear Dilfer tell us the Patriots aren't good anymore? What more do you all need honestly?

0-7... Pats finish 7-9 and Brady and BB retire in shame bowing down to Trent Dilfer's wisdom and begging his forgiveness for ever thinking they had a right to win anything. You know it's coming.

NFC isn't much better. Philly is strong but are you scared of them?
Four teams of 7-2 records or better. It will probably take 10 wins to get in in the NFC, where in the AFC 8 wins might be enough.

So yes. It is much better.

If the Pats OL continues to play the way it did last night, may as well start engraving the Lombardi trophy now

Ifyou can't touch Brady, you're dead.......the rest of it won't matter

Four teams of 7-2 records or better. It will probably take 10 wins to get in in the NFC, where in the AFC 8 wins might be enough.

So yes. It is much better.
I don't think the teams are better.

I think we drop one or two in the division and win the rest. Predicting the Oakland game will be tough though.

...Because we are clearly an 8-8 team and we Brady can't throw the deep ball.

Another year. Another year our Patriots embarrass the naysayers.

So let me say it. Are we a 13-3 team? I think so.

Raiders: W
Dolphins: W
Bills: W
Dolphins: W
Steelers: W
Bills: L
Jets: W

My projection anyway.

They are much more likely to lose to the Steelers. If their defense isn't forcing a turnover, it is awful. And the pats don't turn the ball over. Fraud team.

I had my doubts due to defensive woes, but once again, Jedi Master BB has helped me see the error of my ways, and Im starting to see why he was loading up on backs now, this scheme they used last night was incredible. Dude is always three steps ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes