PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So how do you grade this year’s draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I’ve tried to end this discussion before! It’s ok we will have to agree to disagree!

But I don’t feel like I’ve been anti patriot since I’ve been here, definitely not my intention

My advice to you is: Get out of this thread while you still can...before it's too late...

Go back and watch Aaron Rodgers in the NFCCG with 1st-and-goal from the Tampa Bay 8-yardline... it's a spectacular fail by a choking quarterback. Rodgers is pretty much the opposite of Brady in the postseason, which is why he has 4 NFL MVPs and one Super Bowl appearance.
Brady threw 3 Interceptions in the NFC title game, the Buc's D sacked Rogers five times and forced two fumbles. All your dancing and fanboy gushing doesn't change facts or what actually happened that game.
You apparently are the only person on the planet who thinks the Bucs running game was more important than their passing game in the 2020 postseason. Good for you.
Facts suck for you.

The Buc's became dangerous in 2020 when they stopped leading the league in penalties and ran the ball at a league leading clip in the playoffs.

You think magic QB's are responsible for everything, so you have a teenage fan club interpretation of football... your analysis is tainted.
No, I don't have an answer to your false premise. Did you not read?: 26 of the last 30 Super Bowl winning QBs are going to be Hall of Famers. Do you have an answer for why a large multitude of Hall of Fame QBs are winning rings?
A large multitude of HOF'ers wouldn't be in the HOF if not for winning championships on superior teams. Terry Bradshaw who has the most rings after Brady for one, he never led the league in passing yards, passer rating, completion percentage, passes completed, only led the NFL in passing TD's twice at the tail end of his career and threw the same amount of INT's as he did TD's for his career.. I gave you twelve names of average/good QB's who won rings, gave you Joe Gibbs who won three rings with three different average journeymen QB's... so of course you have no answers. Once or twice is an outlier, double digits is a trend.
Your percentage aside, you basically just admitted it there. We agree, QB is the single most important position BY FAR.
One player on a roster with 53, one starter in his position group... so worth about 10-15% at most. If Deshaun Watson can be the best QB in the league in 2020 and win 4 games, that puts it in perspective.
Over the last 30 years there's only one other example like that... Jeff George in 1997 when he also only won 4 games. Only 4 QBs have led the league in passing yards with sub-.500 records. Watson and George. Winston won 7 games in 2019 when he also led the league in INTs. And Drew Brees, who is the exception to the rule, did it four times with 7 wins. The majority of QBs who lead the league in passing yards make it to the postseason.
You lost... facts don't support your nonsensical fanboy fantasy.

Stop spamming the board. Every thread you enter becomes a Brady ***********. Get some new material, all you're doing at this point is annoying the locals.

Last edited:
My advice to you is: Get out of this thread while you still can...before it's too late...

I’m bad, I can just constantly discuss a random topic forever even if the conversation goes nowhere (or is off topic). I enjoy all opinions and discussions!

There simply is no way to debate this. You can be an amazing qb, and play on a bad team and the team can be bad. If you put the best qb ever on a high school team he isn't going to beat a good college team, let alone an nfl team. So you throw out the hyperbole. Once you have done that, it is easy to debate what percentage of importance having a great QB is to a team 15% 10% 25%, that would be an interesting debate. But this isn't the thread to do that in.

Brady threw 3 Interceptions in the NFC title game, the Buc's D sacked Rogers five times and forced two fumbles. All your dancing and fanboy gushing doesn't change facts or what actually happened that game.
Brady threw 3 picks... and? The Bucs won the game largely on the lead built by Brady. You love Aaron Rodgers so much?... why on Earth would you? Besides being an insufferable douchebag, he's the NFL's all-time underachiever. He loves his MVP trophies though. Even Devante Adams thinks Rodgers is a loser.

Facts suck for you.

The Buc's became dangerous in 2020 when they stopped leading the league in penalties and ran the ball at a league leading clip in the playoffs.

You think magic QB's are responsible for everything, so you have a teenage fan club interpretation of football... your analysis is tainted.
Facts like...

The 2020 Bucs had the 2nd ranked passing offense and 28th ranked running offense.
Brady averaged 300 passing yards per game with 22 TDs and only 4 INTs during the Bucs 8-0 finish to the season (when they were averaging 34 points per game).

I'm surprised you're not trying to tell me their special teams made the difference.

A large multitude of HOF'ers wouldn't be in the HOF if not for winning championships on superior teams. Terry Bradshaw who has the most rings after Brady for one, he never led the league in passing yards, passer rating, completion percentage, passes completed, only led the NFL in passing TD's twice at the tail end of his career and threw the same amount of INT's as he did TD's for his career.. I gave you twelve names of average/good QB's who won rings, gave you Joe Gibbs who won three rings with three different average journeymen QB's... so of course you have no answers. Once or twice is an outlier, double digits is a trend.
You gave me 12 names?... where was I? If you're going back through the entire history of the Super Bowl era then maybe you're scrounging up 12 names but if we're talking the last 30 years then the list is miniscule.

Terry Bradshaw from the 1970's when an entirely different brand of football was being played... is that where you're going? Bradshaw by the way for that era was a great quarterback... he outplayed all of the other greats of his time when it counted.

One player on a roster with 53, one starter in his position group... so worth about 10-15% at most. If Deshaun Watson can be the best QB in the league in 2020 and win 4 games, that puts it in perspective.
I already pointed out how extremely unique that one season was for Watson. One unusual season doesn't put 30 years of contradictory results in perspective.

ou lost... facts don't support your nonsensical fanboy fantasy.

Stop spamming the board. Every thread you enter becomes a Brady ***********. Get some new material, all you're doing at this point is annoying the locals.
Spamming the board? I'm posting in one thread. We're talking about the importance of the quarterback... we're obviously not excluding the GOAT from that conversation.

Spamming the board? I'm posting in one thread. We're talking about the importance of the quarterback... we're obviously not excluding the GOAT from that conversation.
You spam every board you enter with "BB sucks" and "Brady is god" nonsense, including right here... even after I obliterated you with facts.

Go to the Brady sounding board, I hear they built you your own little space somewhere on this site specifically for that.

This is the Patriots board, this is a draft thread... you can't help yourself... you're a superfan.

giphy.gif

ou spam every board you enter with "BB sucks" and "Brady is god" nonsense, including right here... even after I obliterated you with facts.

Go to the Brady sounding board, I hear they built you your own little space somewhere on this site specifically for that.

This is the Patriots board, this is a draft thread... you can't help yourself... you're a superfan.
You fancy yourself an elitist football snob... you couch everything as if you're stating facts when you're really just throwing your opinions around like everyone else. A quarterback is 10-15% of a team's overall value is you making something up out of thin air... it's not a facts based assessment.

I don't need explanations on forum etiquette either. Not from you anyway... there are people dedicated to that role for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST