PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF Michael Jordan Promo For Packers at Patriots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one here who loves the night games?
Probably, I can’t get to sleep after the game....and I exhausted the next day. My employer hates when I fall asleep while working, and my passengers aren’t to happy either, all that screaming, wake up, look out, omg we’re going to die really makes for a stressful day...

Rodgers will go down in history as the most overrated, media created sensation of all time. There has never been an athlete so excused, so overpraised as he has been.

Every single GOAT discussion, whether it's Federer/Nadal/Djokovic, or Messi/Ronaldo/Pele/Maradona, or MJ vs Lebron has been based on
accomplishments, titles and results. When it's very close, people will have their opinions and it usually leads to fun comparisons. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception. He's the only player climbing on all time lists by doing absolutely nothing. He has done nothing since 2014 and yet he somehow surpassed Montana and Peyton during the last 3 years because...Brady actually did it, and he gets to be Brady's media rival.

Before SB 49, Montana was widely considered the GOAT. When Brady won number 4, the only argument Montana had was that while both had 4, he had a perfect record in the SB. SB 51 erased that argument and Brady was overwhelmingly accepted as the GOAT. Then last season, he adds another MVP, makes another SB has 500 yards in it, a number Rodgers has never hit in his career, and somehow Rodgers while sitting at home, still gets as much credit as Brady did.

While every GOAT candidate in every sport builds his resume to climb up the ranks, Rodgers and the media hysteria behind him build a monument of hypothetical hogwash. Since has neither the stats, nor the titles, nor the wins to compare, he becomes a GOAT candidate by being undefeated in the ''most imaginary talent'' category. And that's the only argument he will ever have.

Brady

MVP: 3
Superbowl Wins: 5
Superbowl MVP: 4
Win Record: 201/57 (78%)
Yards: 68,035
TD's: 504
Most TD's in a season: 50
Most Yards in a season: 5235
500 yards games: 2
6 TD's in a game: 3 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 43
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 54
Most imaginary talent: #199

Rodgers

MVP: 2
Superbowl Wins: 1
Superbowl MVP: 1
Win Record: 97/49/1 (65%)
Yards: 40,785
TD's: 326
Most TD's in a season: 45
Most Yards in a season: 4643
500 yards games: 0
6 TD's in a game: 2 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 14
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 21
Most imaginary talent: #1

Rodgers will go down in history as the most overrated, media created sensation of all time. There has never been an athlete so excused, so overpraised as he has been.

Every single GOAT discussion, whether it's Federer/Nadal/Djokovic, or Messi/Ronaldo/Pele/Maradona, or MJ vs Lebron has been based on
accomplishments, titles and results. When it's very close, people will have their opinions and it usually leads to fun comparisons. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception. He's the only player climbing on all time lists by doing absolutely nothing. He has done nothing since 2014 and yet he somehow surpassed Montana and Peyton during the last 3 years because...Brady actually did it, and he gets to be Brady's media rival.

Before SB 49, Montana was widely considered the GOAT. When Brady won number 4, the only argument Montana had was that while both had 4, he had a perfect record in the SB. SB 51 erased that argument and Brady was overwhelmingly accepted as the GOAT. Then last season, he adds another MVP, makes another SB has 500 yards in it, a number Rodgers has never hit in his career, and somehow Rodgers while sitting at home, still gets as much credit as Brady did.

While every GOAT candidate in every sport builds his resume to climb up the ranks, Rodgers and the media hysteria behind him build a monument of hypothetical hogwash. Since has neither the stats, nor the titles, nor the wins to compare, he becomes a GOAT candidate by being undefeated in the ''most imaginary talent'' category. And that's the only argument he will ever have.

Brady

MVP: 3
Superbowl Wins: 5
Superbowl MVP: 4
Win Record: 201/57 (78%)
Yards: 68,035
TD's: 504
Most TD's in a season: 50
Most Yards in a season: 5235
500 yards games: 2
6 TD's in a game: 3 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 43
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 54
Most imaginary talent: #199

Rodgers

MVP: 2
Superbowl Wins: 1
Superbowl MVP: 1
Win Record: 97/49/1 (65%)
Yards: 40,785
TD's: 326
Most TD's in a season: 45
Most Yards in a season: 4643
500 yards games: 0
6 TD's in a game: 2 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 14
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 21
Most imaginary talent: #1
Indeed. Not only is this contrived "debate" disrespectful to Brady, but also to Montana and Peyton.

Here we go.... are we really going to paint a picture of this game as if whoever wins it is considered the GOAT?

Give me a break.

I know that WE aren't going to paint that picture.

What happened anyway? Was Bill Russell not available for the promo?

Most titles? Clutch ability? A "tough call"? No, it's not. This isn't even subjective.

5 rings, 8 SB appearances and 35 4th Q comebacks (.515 success rate)
vs
1 ring, 1 SB appearance and 13 4th Q comebacks (.286 success rate)​

Athletic talent is irrelevant for QBs or else Cam Newton or Russel Wilson would be GOAT.

This is the most contrived football debate ever. At least Peyton vs Brady was somewhat reasonable at one point in time.

Thanks for adding that % stat. You can't blame a QB for having a low number of comebacks - too many variables involved. But, you can take a look at success rate. More than 1/2 the time, TB12 gets the win. That is insane.

I guess I'm in the minority because I see Aaron Rodgers as the epitome of what the league pretended Peyton Manning was.

• They said Manning was a unique talent that the league had never seen before. He wasn't, but Rodgers is.
  • They said Manning was the smartest quarterback ever. Laughable in reality, as the Colts had the simplest offense in the NFL despite Manning's ridiculous showman theatrics. Rodgers is clearly a smart quarterback since he's easily the all-time leader in INT %, way, way above Manning, who was nothing special at all.
  • They said Manning had a bad supporting cast and that he carried them to every win. The Colts absolutely were not bad at all and actually well above average for supporting cast, while the Packers are essentially a run of the mill salary cap era team.
  • They said Manning's playoff failures were due to the Colts defense, other players, and everything else they could blame. So untrue as Manning really was a choker and the Colts defense often played well in the playoffs while the offense was horrible. Rodgers really has had a lot of games where he's played very well but his team has crapped the bed. You can cite Seattle in 2014/15 NFCCG, but that's just one game (in addition, I'd say that Seahawks defense matched up perfectly with the Packers WR-focused offense over the Patriots offense featuring Gronk, Edelman, and Vereen.)
So, I don't think Rodgers is "the best individual quarterback" and this accomplished word is just an insult and hogwash. I'm wondering how Brady has never finished outside the top 5 when voted by the players and has been #1 three years, while Rodgers is far, far behind? That's the actual players voting, so how is it that "the most talented player" is rated far below Brady? He clearly isn't as good as Brady, and on top of that, he'll be a footnote in about 10 years as already other guys (Mahomes, for example) are poised to pass him statistically and talent-wise. But Rodgers is a great quarterback, and he's exactly what the media hyped up Manning to be for so many years.

Last edited:
Indeed. Not only is this contrived "debate" disrespectful to Brady, but also to Montana and Peyton.

I don't think we will be able to have an actual debate till rodgers calls it quits.

Rodgers is hitting the point in his career where brady was actually starting to hit his prime. Can you imagine how many titles the patriots would have if 2000 brady had started out as good as 2007 brady?

I think brady is the GOAT, but i think the case for rodgers would be a lot better if he hadn't been saddled with the coaching he's had to deal with. in any case Fans have been incredibly blessed to see both of these guys play in their primes.

I don't think we will be able to have an actual debate till rodgers calls it quits.

Rodgers is hitting the point in his career where brady was actually starting to hit his prime. Can you imagine how many titles the patriots would have if 2000 brady had started out as good as 2007 brady?

I think brady is the GOAT, but i think the case for rodgers would be a lot better if he hadn't been saddled with the coaching he's had to deal with. in any case Fans have been incredibly blessed to see both of these guys play in their primes.

One thing about the coaching is that the Packers have much less money to spend on positions that don't directly help to create Rodgers' elite production.

The Patriots typically pay Brady quite a bit (that is still way less than he could command but not as huge a discount as some reports.) But this has been the on-average salary distribution:

ROUGH ESTIMATES FROM AVERAGING THE LAST 5 YEARS OR SO - NOT EXACT

Brady - $22M (roughly)
Gronkowski - $8M
Slot Receiver (Welker/Edelman) - $5M
WR2 (Hogan/LaFell/Cooks) - $3M
Brady + Top 3 = 38M

Rodgers - $28M (just a general number for his last two contracts)
TE (Graham/Cook/Bennett) - $8M
WR1 (Cobb/Nelson)- $13M
WR2 (Adams/Nelson/Cobb) - $11M (again, just going with rough estimate...players may overlap, but it's about $24M for both WRs)
Rodgers + Top 3 = 60M

So that's a difference of $22M in money. The Patriots still consistently average more points per game than the Packers, and over the last eight years, the turnovers have been similar (Brady was actually ahead of Rodgers from 2010-17 in INT %). Brady leads a more productive offense and still has $22M to hand out to other areas of the team. The Patriots know Brady will make players around him better and are fine with bargain bin players. The Packers seem to lose their minds at the thought of Rodgers being paid less than the highest in the league and also shell out tons of money to ensure he has his weapons. This is the Polian Colts II.

So all the *****ing about the supporting cast, defenses, and coaching? A good chunk of it lies right there.

One thing about the coaching is that the Packers have much less money to spend on positions that don't directly help to create Rodgers' elite production.

The Patriots typically pay Brady quite a bit (that is still way less than he could command but not as huge a discount as some reports.) But this has been the on-average salary distribution:

ROUGH ESTIMATES FROM AVERAGING THE LAST 5 YEARS OR SO - NOT EXACT

Brady - $22M (roughly)
Gronkowski - $8M
Slot Receiver (Welker/Edelman) - $5M
WR2 (Hogan/LaFell/Cooks) - $3M
Brady + Top 3 = 38M

Rodgers - $28M (just a general number for his last two contracts)
TE (Graham/Cook/Bennett) - $8M
WR1 (Cobb/Nelson)- $13M
WR2 (Adams/Nelson/Cobb) - $11M (again, just going with rough estimate...players may overlap, but it's about $24M for both WRs)
Rodgers + Top 3 = 60M

So that's a difference of $22M in money. The Patriots still consistently average more points per game than the Packers, and over the last eight years, the turnovers have been similar (Brady was actually ahead of Rodgers from 2010-17 in INT %). Brady leads a more productive offense and still has $22M to hand out to other areas of the team. The Patriots know Brady will make players around him better and are fine with bargain bin players. The Packers seem to lose their minds at the thought of Rodgers being paid less than the highest in the league and also shell out tons of money to ensure he has his weapons. This is the Polian Colts II.

So all the *****ing about the supporting cast, defenses, and coaching? A good chunk of it lies right there.

but it's not.

The last big name player the packers signed for the offense was jimmy graham and that was this year. The packers don't seem to follow the same ditch em a year early philosophy that the packers do, and instead resign their home grown talent at a premium, which year after year folks on this forum complain about the patriots NOT doing.

In addition you have to look at games like the playoff matchup between greenbay and seattle a couple of years ago. the packer defense had something like 4 turnovers in the first half, setting up the offense for short yardage, and not once did mcarthy play aggressive.

Like i said Brady is the unquestioned GOAT, but i'd love to see what Rodgers could do with a a better front office/coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down