PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF Michael Jordan Promo For Packers at Patriots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it's not.

The last big name player the packers signed for the offense was jimmy graham and that was this year. The packers don't seem to follow the same ditch em a year early philosophy that the packers do, and instead resign their home grown talent at a premium, which year after year folks on this forum complain about the patriots NOT doing.

In addition you have to look at games like the playoff matchup between greenbay and seattle a couple of years ago. the packer defense had something like 4 turnovers in the first half, setting up the offense for short yardage, and not once did mcarthy play aggressive.

Like i said Brady is the unquestioned GOAT, but i'd love to see what Rodgers could do with a a better front office/coach.

Why does it matter if they’re home grown or not? They shell out a ton of money to keep highly talented weapons around Rodgers. These aren’ very highly paid receivers because they didn’t come from another team? Same cap hit, same market value.

Why does it matter if they’re home grown or not? They shell out a ton of money to keep highly talented weapons around Rodgers. These aren’ very highly paid receivers because they didn’t come from another team? Same cap hit, same market value.

i don't know if I'm not making this clear enough, or if you are just ignoring what I'm saying..

Another Bogus Narrative* that is a Joke! This was put to bed years ago about who GOAT is. Everyone loves throwing that word around and mediots* haters* need to keep it alive with their golden boy A.Rodgers poor guy has no weapons throughout his career, if he had BB as his coach he'd have more SB Wins than TB. G'da'FOH!!! First it was Luck, Cam, Wilson etc etc nfl* was pumping to dethrone TB but it doesn't matter because TB is STILL here and WILL BE HERE for up coming years so get used to him owning nfl* and as for MJ, hearin foot steps with lebron all up in your GOAT legacy, I'd be cool about talkin shat right now.

Brady always pumped air into his opponents. We know how he really feels though from his private texts to friends.

My question: it's been 18 freakin' years.
Why hasn't some other team tried the system that produced 5 Super Bowl victories??!!

i don't know if I'm not making this clear enough, or if you are just ignoring what I'm saying..

I'm just trying to stay on my point, which is about the cost of Rodgers and his skill players and the cost of Brady and his skill players. I don't think one example about one game really proves a point about coaching as much as having $22M of cap room to use on better players. I could also refer to the Packers-Patriots game in 2010 where McCarthy had an amazing gameplan against Belichick and almost won with Matt Flynn.

I'm just trying to stay on my point, which is about the cost of Rodgers and his skill players and the cost of Brady and his skill players. I don't think one example about one game really proves a point about coaching as much as having $22M of cap room to use on better players. I could also refer to the Packers-Patriots game in 2010 where McCarthy had an amazing gameplan against Belichick and almost won with Matt Flynn.

And my point is that the packers don't tend to sign free agent players, instead opting to draft and groom their own players. So instead of bringing in an amendola/moss/welker/dorsett/gordon/any number of players that have made up Brady's recievers.

The packers instead draft, and then pay to keep players, and in order to do so pay a premium, instead of trading in for younger/less expensive cast aways. Rodgers would have been just as sucsessful here, with the patriots way of doing things with less expensive imports, as he would in green bay with the expensive home grown talent.

Regarding matt flynn, I could mention the laundry list of journeymen that have played the patriots and looked like gods.

Rodgers would have been just as sucsessful here, with the patriots way of doing things with less expensive imports, as he would in green bay with the expensive home grown talent.

This may be true. Rodgers is, like Brady, one of the few quarterbacks who has a midas touch. Yet the Packers continually choose to resign their own skill players to very expensive extensions. Why don't they just let guys like Cobb, Adams, etc. walk away, save $12M on each of them, and go out to find Chris Hogans and bargain players, since Rodgers can make those guys better? That's exactly what the Patriots do, and hence you don't have receivers here making close to that amount.

Here's something to consider. Rodgers made a public stink this past offseason when the team let Jordy Nelson go, even though they already had two 10M+ wide receivers. But he whined to the media that he "doesn't make the decisions" in a way that was clearly critical. So, he wants three guys making over $10M? Well, lucky for him, they then signed Jimmy Graham for another $10M, so he got what he wanted. And then what did Rodgers do later in the offseason? He renegotiated his contract so he was no longer making around $24M (Brady ballpark) and instead around $34M. That included $80M paid out in cash as a signing bonus. How does this catering to placate Rodgers financially (to absurd level) and to placate his personal goals by building a super passing game not effect the team's salary cap? In the meantime, Brady did not re-up his deal despite a huge rising market, he was on board with releasing Cooks, and he's never had a public issue with the Patriots signing cheaper players, since he is on board with whatever is best for the team winning a championship rather than his individual numbers.

While I'm not saying it's apples to apples with the Patriots and Packers, and clearly the Patriots are a better organization, it's tough to deny that Rodgers himself makes it difficult for them to build a complete, all-around team, when he's going to get paid that type of money, and if the Nelson situation is indicative of what happens behind the scenes, is going to be a baby if he doesn't get to keep his favorite weapons, whatever the cost.

The difference is, if Brady was told there was a better chance to win a championship with more depth/defense, but he wouldn't get top dollar, he would struggle at times with a lack of explosive talent, and may have some frustration on offense, he would, and has always, taken it. Rodgers on the other hand - well, just look at the actual cap allocation and his actions this past offseason.

Rodgers will go down in history as the most overrated, media created sensation of all time. There has never been an athlete so excused, so overpraised as he has been.

Every single GOAT discussion, whether it's Federer/Nadal/Djokovic, or Messi/Ronaldo/Pele/Maradona, or MJ vs Lebron has been based on
accomplishments, titles and results. When it's very close, people will have their opinions and it usually leads to fun comparisons. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception. He's the only player climbing on all time lists by doing absolutely nothing. He has done nothing since 2014 and yet he somehow surpassed Montana and Peyton during the last 3 years because...Brady actually did it, and he gets to be Brady's media rival.

Before SB 49, Montana was widely considered the GOAT. When Brady won number 4, the only argument Montana had was that while both had 4, he had a perfect record in the SB. SB 51 erased that argument and Brady was overwhelmingly accepted as the GOAT. Then last season, he adds another MVP, makes another SB has 500 yards in it, a number Rodgers has never hit in his career, and somehow Rodgers while sitting at home, still gets as much credit as Brady did.

While every GOAT candidate in every sport builds his resume to climb up the ranks, Rodgers and the media hysteria behind him build a monument of hypothetical hogwash. Since has neither the stats, nor the titles, nor the wins to compare, he becomes a GOAT candidate by being undefeated in the ''most imaginary talent'' category. And that's the only argument he will ever have.

Brady

MVP: 3
Superbowl Wins: 5
Superbowl MVP: 4
Win Record: 201/57 (78%)
Yards: 68,035
TD's: 504
Most TD's in a season: 50
Most Yards in a season: 5235
500 yards games: 2
6 TD's in a game: 3 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 43
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 54
Most imaginary talent: #199

Rodgers

MVP: 2
Superbowl Wins: 1
Superbowl MVP: 1
Win Record: 97/49/1 (65%)
Yards: 40,785
TD's: 326
Most TD's in a season: 45
Most Yards in a season: 4643
500 yards games: 0
6 TD's in a game: 2 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 14
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 21
Most imaginary talent: #1

I don't see how stats have anything to do with putting into context how talented a player is.

Anyone who has eyes would not even mention Ronaldo in the same sentence as Messi when it comes to pure talent and the way they play their game. The same way I don't anyone understand how anyone who has watched Rodgers can deny that he is a special talent among QBs.

Is he as successful or "great" as Brady ? Nope. But anyone claiming he is a overrated, media sensation is just a clown. But then again I guess for some people only the bottomline counts and not the entertainment that comes from watching the actual games.

This may be true. Rodgers is, like Brady, one of the few quarterbacks who has a midas touch. Yet the Packers continually choose to resign their own skill players to very expensive extensions. Why don't they just let guys like Cobb, Adams, etc. walk away, save $12M on each of them, and go out to find Chris Hogans and bargain players, since Rodgers can make those guys better?

Because they don't. That's how the packers run their team. It's not that they can't, or that rodgers doesn't want them to. it's that the front office doesn't want to build a team that way.

That's not Rodgers's fault, just like how it isn't Brady's fault when bill trades moss to the titans, or doesn't resign dola/lewis and the start of our season is trash. They do the best they can with the tools their team provides them.

Rodgers cap hit this year: $20,900,000

Brady's cap hit this year: $22,000,000

Tell me again how Rodgers cap hit this year is preventing the packers from signing defensive talent?

Brady is in the final year of his deal next year

Brady's cap hit: 27 mil

Rodgers: 26 mil

Rodgers's deal doesn't hit the real big numbers for til 2020.

I think you are either drinking slightly too much of the koolaid, or you are getting some bad information. Brady is the best, and his team deals have been beneficial to the team, but hes not making a star players salary less then these other guys, at least not lately. once brady extends and we see what sort of commitment he has to playing to 45 we'll get a better idea of how much under the top tier he accepts, but i'd wager his last contract is definitely going to be his largest.

Because they don't. That's how the packers run their team. It's not that they can't, or that rodgers doesn't want them to. it's that the front office doesn't want to build a team that way.

That's not Rodgers's fault, just like how it isn't Brady's fault when bill trades moss to the titans, or doesn't resign dola/lewis and the start of our season is trash. They do the best they can with the tools their team provides them.

Rodgers cap hit this year: $20,900,000

Brady's cap hit this year: $22,000,000

Tell me again how Rodgers cap hit this year is preventing the packers from signing defensive talent?

Brady is in the final year of his deal next year

Brady's cap hit: 27 mil

Rodgers: 26 mil

Rodgers's deal doesn't hit the real big numbers for til 2020.

I think you are either drinking slightly too much of the koolaid, or you are getting some bad information. Brady is the best, and his team deals have been beneficial to the team, but hes not making a star players salary less then these other guys, at least not lately. once brady extends and we see what sort of commitment he has to playing to 45 we'll get a better idea of how much under the top tier he accepts, but i'd wager his last contract is definitely going to be his largest.

Brady is not on pace to hit most of the $5M in incentives this year (top 5 in major statistical categories), so his cap hit is likely to be $17-19M but may be just 17M. Averaging out the two years that’s about $22-23M.

Rodgers will have a $33M cap hit in 2020, $33M in 2021, and $37M in 2022. Averaging this year and the next four (real contract years), Rodgers is at roughly $30M in average. These aren’t fake years as the dead money hit makes it virtually impossible to cut him until 2022 (and even then it would be tough.) Just because they’ve chosen to delay much of the cap hit towards the back end doesn’t mean he didn’t just sign an incredibly huge contract that dwarfs Brady.

In terms of playing off the huge money difference the Packers spend vs. the Patriots on weapons for their quarterbacks as “the way they do business,” that’s ridiculous. The Packers aren’t offering many deals like that to defensive players. That’s exactly why the Packers have tons of holes everywhere and fans ***** and moan. $8M difference for the QBs, a lot more for the skill players. Brady should have a better roster in other areas, as he foregoes direct talent around him that would increase his numbers.

It amazes me how people can watch football their entire lives and still think the position is about athleticism, running, great arms, etc. It's not.

It's about reading defenses, throwing accurately, staying healthy, and probably most of all: avoiding the rush as you keep your eyes downfield and move around the pocket!

Why don't they just let guys like Cobb, Adams, etc. walk away, save $12M on each of them, and go out to find Chris Hogans and bargain players, since Rodgers can make those guys better?
He's never done so in his career. All notable pieces on offense for Rodgers came courtesy of round 1-3 picks. Excluding Donald Driver who was a leftover from the Favre era. Cobb, Nelson, G Jennings, J Jones, Finley, R Rodgers, Lacy, Montgomery.

Here we go.... are we really going to paint a picture of this game as if whoever wins it is considered the GOAT?

Give me a break.

Yea its pretty disgusting.. they're trying to make a shortcut for Rodgers to get to the GOAT debate so that they can milk it for every dime before Brady retires... Rodgers is not even remotely in the same class as Brady right now, and to pretend like they are is an insult to what Brady has accomplished in this league

The NFL loves getting all up in Rodgers jock and I just don't get it.. he's not even a likable guy IMO... He just makes some crazy plays once in awhile with his feet like tons of other mobile QBs, but his most memorable plays are from low percentage hail mary's

They absolutely worship the guy tho

Rodgers will go down in history as the most overrated, media created sensation of all time. There has never been an athlete so excused, so overpraised as he has been.

Every single GOAT discussion, whether it's Federer/Nadal/Djokovic, or Messi/Ronaldo/Pele/Maradona, or MJ vs Lebron has been based on
accomplishments, titles and results. When it's very close, people will have their opinions and it usually leads to fun comparisons. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception. He's the only player climbing on all time lists by doing absolutely nothing. He has done nothing since 2014 and yet he somehow surpassed Montana and Peyton during the last 3 years because...Brady actually did it, and he gets to be Brady's media rival.

Before SB 49, Montana was widely considered the GOAT. When Brady won number 4, the only argument Montana had was that while both had 4, he had a perfect record in the SB. SB 51 erased that argument and Brady was overwhelmingly accepted as the GOAT. Then last season, he adds another MVP, makes another SB has 500 yards in it, a number Rodgers has never hit in his career, and somehow Rodgers while sitting at home, still gets as much credit as Brady did.

While every GOAT candidate in every sport builds his resume to climb up the ranks, Rodgers and the media hysteria behind him build a monument of hypothetical hogwash. Since has neither the stats, nor the titles, nor the wins to compare, he becomes a GOAT candidate by being undefeated in the ''most imaginary talent'' category. And that's the only argument he will ever have.

Brady

MVP: 3
Superbowl Wins: 5
Superbowl MVP: 4
Win Record: 201/57 (78%)
Yards: 68,035
TD's: 504
Most TD's in a season: 50
Most Yards in a season: 5235
500 yards games: 2
6 TD's in a game: 3 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 43
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 54
Most imaginary talent: #199

Rodgers

MVP: 2
Superbowl Wins: 1
Superbowl MVP: 1
Win Record: 97/49/1 (65%)
Yards: 40,785
TD's: 326
Most TD's in a season: 45
Most Yards in a season: 4643
500 yards games: 0
6 TD's in a game: 2 times
Most comeback's (including Playoffs): 14
Game winning drives(including Playoffs): 21
Most imaginary talent: #1

lol you could triple Aaron Rodgers career comebacks and it still wouldn't beat Brady... but the media makes Rodgers out to be like Montana reincarnated with all of his "clutch" drives, Mr "Clutch" doing his thing again!

Plus 2 or 3 of those comeback drives was won with a hail mary! lol

In terms of playing off the huge money difference the Packers spend vs. the Patriots on weapons for their quarterbacks as “the way they do business,” that’s ridiculous.

you're still not understanding what im saying and i can't say it any simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back