PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Snap Count Analysis. Overplayed Busts Contribute to 1-3 December and Alarming 5-10 Dec Record Since 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elton will take a stab...

5zjb6j.gif
I'll reveal it after more people take a guess.

The guy scouts were so upset with and stormed out of the room when Bill decided to go with this player was.......Chandler Jones.

The drafts with Floyd Reese were awesome, 2009-2012. It was the drafts from 2013-2019 with too many people from john carroll U that they became crappy just like from 2005-2008.

The guy scouts were so upset with and stormed out of the room when Bill decided to go with this player was.......Chandler Jones.

I need a Surprised emoji Ian!

Last edited:
The drafts with Floyd Reese were awesome, 2009-2012. It was the drafts from 2013-2019 with too many people from john carroll U that they became crappy just like from 2005-2008.

For the sake of full disclosure, the 2009-12 drafts also “produced” Busto Brace, Brandon Tate, Germy Cunnyham, Taylor Price & Glass-iR Dowling in addition to the aforementioned Error Repeater and Jake the Fake…

For the sake of full disclosure, the 2009-12 drafts also “produced” Busto Brace, Brandon Tate, Germy Cunnyham, Taylor Price & Glass-iR Dowling in addition to the aforementioned Error Repeater and Jake the Fake…

True

4-8 in December is f-ing terrible....those are NYJ/Pete Carroll #s....Coach Bill needs to do better. and we're not talking a murderers row of opponents here since the league started scheduling almost exclusively division opponents in late season games...
and I'd say at least 2 of those Ws are vs the NYJ

Last edited:
4-8 in December is f-ing terrible....those are NYJ/Pete Carroll #s....Coach Bill needs to do better. and we're not talking a murderers row of opponents here since the league started scheduling almost exclusively division opponents in late season games...
Overblown.

Each year is it's own entity.

When you play better teams that play better than you that is what happens.

It’s pretty clear both the 2008 and 2009 drafts were a big reason why the Pats lost in 2009 and 2010 playoffs. They had hardly any production from all those picks. Mayo, Vollmer and Slater with all the needs they had was not going to cut it.

They had four second rounders in 2009. Four! But only got production from Vollmer. That was pathetic.

Baby steps. First thing is I am focused right now on helping McD get a well-deserved opportunity on another franchise. He's earned it. BOB would be next. Baby steps...
Good luck.
I can root for this because I don't think it matters. If it does happen, whoever takes over as OC will have to depend on the players to perform whatever he puts in place. They have a decent team that only needs a few tweaks.
I wonder if Josh already burned his chance to be a HC.

It’s pretty clear both the 2008 and 2009 drafts were a big reason why the Pats lost in 2009 and 2010 playoffs. They had hardly any production from all those picks. Mayo, Vollmer and Slater with all the needs they had was not going to cut it.

They had four second rounders in 2009. Four! But only got production from Vollmer. That was pathetic.

Yep, after Mayo and after our original 1st-rounder was stolen, the rest of the 2008 draft was completely ****ing wasted… Every. Single. Pick. was wrong…

Regarding 2009, the Chung & Butler picks were ok enough; they were just mid-used by Mister Peesbody & the hack from the Colorado School of Mines… Busto Brace was horrible; Pepper must’ve told Bill What the **** is this ****ing lazy ****ing blob doing here?
Every. Other. Pick. until the Edelman pick - and including the one made after him - was ****ing Awful.

And yes indeed, not having good, cheap, youthful depth because of those terrible picks from those two years (plus 2006 & ‘07) absolutely cost us possible PO wins in 2006-13 during the Lost Decade.

Last edited:
I get all the Harry love around here. If he wants to resurrect his career and becone the next Mike Williams he should go ply with Herbert. Great blocker but after today, watching a jag like Wilkerson double Harry’s wr contributions in just 1 game is absurd. He had more Chemistry in one game and felt like a way more natural fit.

My bigger question is about Michael Onwenu? This was a player that many considered a rookie of the year candidate. If you look at any top 10 draft redo’s he was in the top 8 of every list. Mentioned with the likes of Burrow, Young, Wirfs, J Taylor, Jefferson, Herbert. In other words he was a third day steal in the draft.

Did he regress that bad in the coaching staff’s eyes that he is a back up that earns 17 snaps? This guy played LG, RG and RT, the latter at a pro bowl level. Does he not fit in with the new running style offense they are running? Sophomore slump? I don’t know, it seems strange to me. Are they stashing him away until Brown, Karras or another lineman leave?

My bigger question is about Michael Onwenu? This was a player that many considered a rookie of the year candidate. If you look at any top 10 draft redo’s he was in the top 8 of every list. Mentioned with the likes of Burrow, Young, Wirfs, J Taylor, Jefferson, Herbert. In other words he was a third day steal in the draft.

Did he regress that bad in the coaching staff’s eyes that he is a back up that earns 17 snaps? This guy played LG, RG and RT, the latter at a pro bowl level. Does he not fit in with the new running style offense they are running? Sophomore slump? I don’t know, it seems strange to me. Are they stashing him away until Brown, Karras or another lineman leave?

I noticed him at LG during garbage time with Hoyer at QB… Dam shame that Bill, Skippy & Brick didn’t do the logical thing and have a starting OL of Trent Brown - Wynn/Lose - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu ready to roll in Indy after the bye ended…

A left side of Brown - Wynn is >>>>>> Wynn - Onwenu.

I get all the Harry love around here. If he wants to resurrect his career and becone the next Mike Williams he should go ply with Herbert. Great blocker but after today, watching a jag like Wilkerson double Harry’s wr contributions in just 1 game is absurd. He had more Chemistry in one game and felt like a way more natural fit.

Onwenu is still probably their best OLineman. Don't assume a guy playing or not indicates their talent level. The offensive staff is idiotic. This is the same staff that played NKeal Harry 95% of snaps two games ago. That benched Jacobi Meyers and Damien Harris for no reason for the first 8 weeks of 2020. Who benched Karras for 7 wks for no reason.

Last edited:
Another reason why Josh McDaniels should be top of every other team's HC list coming up. He deserves the opportunity to go elsewhere
What's bizarre is that he has 3 rings, but he's had a hard time getting a job since Denver. I still think what he did to Indy could hurt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes