PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Snap Count Analysis. Overplayed Busts Contribute to 1-3 December and Alarming 5-10 Dec Record Since 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1.NKeal Harry playing 95% of offensive snaps is criminal. NKeal Harry sucks. He's a glorified TE3. Mac basically played like Cam with NKeal Harry as the #1 receiver. NKeal got 15 more snaps than Meyers and NKeal played double the snaps of Bourne. NKeal Harry cannot run routes, cannot get open, cannot catch, and is an albatross 1st round bust.

2. On defense, Bentley sucks and Godchaux sucks. This should have been obvious since preseason, or when they gave up 270 rushing yards, or when they gave up 220 rushing yards. Bentley getting 86% of snaps is idiotic and the pattern still holds true that whenever Godchaux plays the most DLine snaps, the Patriots defense sucks. I think the Pats are 2-6 when Godchaux leads DLine snaps.

3. Players who should be playing more include Onwenu who should be inserted at RT; Wynn is playing horribly so move Trent Brown to LT. Give more snaps to Bourne, keep Meyers as the leading WR in snaps, Jonnu Smith is relegated to a blocking TE under this oc who continues to have no clue how to use 2 tight ends. Barmore isn't a NT either but he commands double teams, Barmore should always play more snaps than G-dCrap.

And finally, don't excuse this as if this is a championship staff around Bill that knows best. This the same slow staff that benched Karras for 6 weeks for no reason, started 0-4 at home and started 2-6. An offensive staff who last year never played Meyers or Harris until binkies NKeal/Michel got hurt at mid-season. A staff that faded in 2019 just like right now.

3 December losses is a horrible sign, 3-5 at home, this is not the Patriots of old. This is not a team that gets better as the season goes on. This is not a team that beats teams on repeat encounters. The staff around BB isn't good enough starting at OC. Who has Billy O'Brien's phone number?

Last edited:
it's terrible that through attrition Bryant had to play so much ...

The defense was gassed. 79 snaps for some on the secondary. Because the offense went 1 for 10 on 3rd down.

The Patriot defense had a great goal line stand on 4th down and the game was still 10-7 almost at halftime. I think Bryant can still help. He is what he is.

Aren't you a Tampa Bay fan? Why are you talking about the Pats?

Nah but I get that you see things very simplistically. I want BB to win another ring, him leaving and who his potential replacement might be, is my worst nightmare.

At the same time, I'm not a shill homer and can fully appreciate a GOAT QB going to a 7-9 team with the longest playoff drought in the league, no offseason and all new teammates, and then beating the 3 best QBs in a row on the road to win a 7th ring.

But even the GOAT faded in 2019 with this crap staff around BB. BB is old. We need to get BB help. Bring back Billy O'Brien to run the offense and grow Mac as well as the 2TE offense that this personnel is perfectly set up for if we had the right OC.

"New England now is 2-5 in December over its last two seasons. Belichick’s team went 1-2 in its 2021 December slate, including back-to-back losses to close out the month. They went 1-3 in 2020.

In fact, in Brady’s final season in Foxboro, the Patriots went 2-3 in December. So, they’re 4-8 over their last three seasons. That simply isn’t good enough.

I don’t understand BB’s confidence in Harry. When the first interception occured, Meyers went all the way from the other side of the field to make a tackle, while Harry took time to locate ball and then slowly jogged toward intercepting DB.

I don’t understand BB’s confidence in Harry. When the first interception occured, Meyers went all the way from the other side of the field to make a tackle, while Harry took time to locate ball and then slowly jogged toward intercepting DB.

Harry's lack of effort, is so infuriating. I saw some stat that half of targets to him result in an INT, fumble, or incompletion. Kid does not try hard.

Thought i saw owenu at left tackle for at least one snap unless he was a 6th lineman

The defense was gassed. 79 snaps for some on the secondary. Because the offense went 1 for 10 on 3rd down.

The Patriot defense had a great goal line stand on 4th down and the game was still 10-7 almost at halftime. I think Bryant can still help. He is what he is.

The offense also went 5/6 on 4th down so really they were 6/10.

Conversely Buffalo was 6/12 and 3/4 so effectively 9/12. And really then one they didn't pick up on 4th down was a combination bad throw by Allen and bad miss by Sanders more than the defense making a stop.

So the defense was in fact more responsible in this regard.

In what ****ing level of quantum reality does Kneal ****ing Harry play NINETY-****ING-FIVE PER CENT of our offensive snaps?!?

And in what ****ing level of that reality does Kneal, Harry ****ing deserve to Not Only stay on the field But Also to be targeted IMMEDIATELY after ****ing dropping an easily-catchable AND ****ING CRUCIAL pass that would’ve resulted in a 1st down just inside Barfalo territory?!? What ****ing kind of message are Billy & Skippy sending to Harry, and in effect to the rest of the team? That it’s ok to be a COMPLETE AND TOTAL ****-UP who is also TOO ****ING LAZY to bother trying to do anything at all to improve his skill, as long as he’s a high-round draft pick who “aced his interview”?!?

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful, all around.

In what ****ing level of quantum reality does Kneal ****ing Harry play NINETY-****ING-FIVE PER CENT of our offensive snaps?!?

And in what ****ing level of that reality does Kneal, Harry ****ing deserve to Not Only stay on the field But Also to be targeted IMMEDIATELY after ****ing dropping an easily-catchable AND ****ING CRUCIAL pass that would’ve resulted in a 1st down just inside Barfalo territory?!? What ****ing kind of message are Billy & Skippy sending to Harry, and in effect to the rest of the team? That it’s ok to be a COMPLETE AND TOTAL ****-UP who is also TOO ****ING LAZY to bother trying to do anything at all to improve his skill, as long as he’s a high-round draft pick who “aced his interview”?!?

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful, all around.

I knew he played a lot but it's worse than I thought. Someone thought it made sense to make NKeal the centerpiece of the game plan. (The oc). With Agholor out their first thought wasn't go Meyers and Bourne in 12 personnel but to play NKeal Harry 95% of the time. Fire Josh McDaniels.

N’Keal Harry is incredibly bad. Guys like Dobson looked like legit NFL receivers in comparison. He ****ing blows. That’s all.

NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson. Never draft another WR when McDaniels is on staff with BB. We have to get WRs via trade, free agency, or UDFA. But even the Sanu trade was a bust.

Thought i saw owenu at left tackle for at least one snap unless he was a 6th lineman

Right. Onwenu played 17 snaps. Just think it's weird to keep arguably your best OLineman on the team as a swing tackle because you don't want to upset crappy 11M Wynn at LT. Should move Wynn to guard, Trent Brown to LT, Onwenu to RT. Karras the first guy off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes