Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The obvious is the first 4 weeks and the ugly week 4 game.

Otherwise: Both teams started 2-2 with 2 losses where they allowed 30+ and 40+, one tight win, and one comfortable win.

Both got to half way at 6-2.

The 2014 Patriots allowed 177 points in the first 6 games. The 2017 Patriots have allowed 179.

The 2017 Patriots lost defensive leader Dont'a Hightower in week 7. The 2014 Patriots lost defensive leader Jerod Mayo in week 7.

In 2014, the Jets sucked balls.

In 2017, the Jets suck balls.

LOgWhTx.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the 2014 and 2017 teams had tough, close pre-bye week wins against the Jetes.

The obvious is the first 4 weeks and the ugly week 4 game.

Otherwise: Both teams started 2-2 with 2 losses where they allowed 30+ and 40+, one tight win, and one comfortable win.

Both got to half way at 6-2.

The 2014 Patriots allowed 177 points in the first 6 games. The 2017 Patriots have allowed 179.

The 2017 Patriots lost defensive leader Dont'a Hightower in week 7. The 2014 Patriots lost defensive leader Jerod Mayo in week 7.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Both got wrecked by KC.

Wow, reading the original then followup posters, the similarities are uncanny.

AnD AlSO We wOn A SuPeR BoWl OnE YeAr ThEn sKiPPeD A yEAr in 2002 ThEN WoN iN 2003 aND 2004 WoOoOo iTs haPpEnInG AgAiN

this only means Brady will retire, JG will get a big contract, then he'll get injured one game and some UDFA will come in and win us another 6 super bowls over the next 17 years!!!!!

Another similarity:
2014 Team stayed in San Diego after their game there and then flew to Green Bay directly.
2017 Team is planning to stay in Denver after their game there and will fly directly to Mexico City.

I remember the team referencing that week in San Diego as being great for team solidarity and morale.

Another similarity:
2014 Team stayed in San Diego after their game there and then flew to Green Bay directly.
2017 Team is planning to stay in Denver after their game there and will fly directly to Mexico City.

I remember the team referencing that week in San Diego as being great for team solidarity and morale.
Side note I am really starting to hate the word solidarity. Like I've heard the damn word too much over the last year and now I don't want to hear it ever again

All due respect to DEN, KC, BUF, TN, etc....its NE and Pitt again.

All NE needs to do is avoid the catastrophic injuries and continue to improve.

What they have right now being healthy plus folks like Valentine, Shea and maybe a little more depth is enough to get to the SB.

Side note I am really starting to hate the word solidarity. Like I've heard the damn word too much over the last year and now I don't want to hear it ever again
"Solidarity" is up there with "integrity".

All due respect to DEN, KC, BUF, TN, etc....its NE and Pitt again.

All NE needs to do is avoid the catastrophic injuries and continue to improve.

What they have right now being healthy plus folks like Valentine, Shea and maybe a little more depth is enough to get to the SB.

I'd put HOU on there too. We barely beat them and Watson is getting better. If we're drawing parallels to 2014, they're the Ravens (and Steelers are the Colts)

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I'd put HOU on there too. We barely beat them and Watson is getting better. If we're drawing parallels to 2014, they're the Ravens (and Steelers are the Colts)
I dunna know...HOU Lost Covington yesterday. Their D is decimated. They may score 30 but they are allowing 40.

Your point is noted though, based on their schedule I'm seeing 8-8, maybe 9-7. With that said I don't see TN or JAX running away w the AFC South

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back