• Knighton

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Fairley

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 2m2 minutes ago
A head coach texted me in regards to Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton. "Teams afraid to sign him because he's out of shape" So, there's that.
Apparently he played his contract year 30 lbs overweight. I think there is a serious discipline issue with this guy. Fact that Del Rio hasn't signed him yet should be a strong signal. If pats sign him it should be a short contract with weight clauses.

He is still wortj a contract with weight stipulations. Its the offseason.

Apparently he played his contract year 30 lbs overweight. I think there is a serious discipline issue with this guy. Fact that Del Rio hasn't signed him yet should be a strong signal. If pats sign him it should be a short contract with weight clauses.
You are right about Del Rio. In addition on Twitter a former coach said the same thing on why the Bears didn't have more interest. Large red flag... No pun intended. And he's 330lb like Vince is 330lb.... Lol

He is done. Explain how the jags gave up a ton of rushing yards?

I must give you credit, you've come on strong the last few days. Really on fire with the comments that make no sense or show a lack of a clue. Keep it up! It's a long offseason we'll need the laughs.

Bryant wasn't very effective last season. He is also limited, as has already been explained. I don't see any reason to replace Ninko with a guy who may be worse. The Pats need a presence in the middle. Bryant isn't that.

As I explained in another thread: I live in Jacksonville Beach. I watch a good amount of Jaguars football. This is not the Red Bryant of 2012. Hell, he isn't even the Red Bryant of 2013 anymore. DT FA priorities should be as follows...

1. Knighton
2. Wilfork
3. Starks
4. Fairley

Knighton is the cream of the crop, Wilfork because he's Big Vince, Starks because he's solid against the pass (though he does have his issues stopping the run), Fairley in 4th because his motor is an issue and he's a fat ****.
Cousin, I hear what you are saying on Fairley. By far he is the best pass rusher of that list and the youngest. If BB can get him to play all out he maybe a Pro Bowl type add. Understand Knighton is fater than Fairley now. Former PB Guard Evans said this about Fairley:
(defensive tackle) Nick Fairley's a big guy that can rush the passer, that can flip his hips at the top of the rush and bend that corner, a little bit different than Suh with the power.
DW Toys

What about BRANCH??

Cousin, I hear what you are saying on Fairley. By far he is the best pass rusher of that list and the youngest. If BB can get him to play all out he maybe a Pro Bowl type add. Understand Knighton is fater than Fairley now. Former PB Guard Evans said this about Fairley:
(defensive tackle) Nick Fairley's a big guy that can rush the passer, that can flip his hips at the top of the rush and bend that corner, a little bit different than Suh with the power.
DW Toys

He's a dog that's basically playing the game for a paycheck. If he ever plays all out and gives it his all, he'll be a force to be reckoned with. But that's just his problem, he'll never do that.

He's a dog that's basically playing the game for a paycheck. If he ever plays all out and gives it his all, he'll be a force to be reckoned with. But that's just his problem, he'll never do that.

My hope is bring him in on a prove it deal, big Big Vince back to keep an eye on him, and hopefully he decides to ball out for a year or two until Washington guarantees him $50 million. Get that year that Haynesworth had with the Titans, the one year he tried

I couldn't agree more, re: Fairley.

On top of that, he'll command too much money in my opinion. I don't see us in the Nick Fairley running at all.

What about BRANCH??

Branch is a guy that should be considered for depth/rotation, but most here are talking about a class up in talent, which is likely why he hasn't been included in many conversations.

Branch did alright here, but there may be some other concerns. We're talking about a guy who has played for three teams in the past three years, had some offseason issues, and took a step or two backwards in production.

I would pay good money to see Knighton and Wilfork go head to head at a rib joint. How many slabs you think we're talkin' there?

But sirrously. VW made his weight bonuses in NE... if you're telling me Pot Roast couldn't toe that line even though it was in the contract... you have to say "hmmm."

Folks here say we're not in the running for Fairley. So, Bryant, Knighton, Fairley, VW? I think everybody says bring back the guy you know, unless you can bring in Fairley at a reasonable price. Something tells me that's not in the cards. VW is now a run stuffer, and at times has been able to get pressure. But he's been doing less of that since "young vince" days and I don't think he's going to start doing more of it as he ages.

I would pay good money to see Knighton and Wilfork go head to head at a rib joint. How many slabs you think we're talkin' there?

But sirrously. VW made his weight bonuses in NE... if you're telling me Pot Roast couldn't toe that line even though it was in the contract... you have to say "hmmm."

Folks here say we're not in the running for Fairley. So, Bryant, Knighton, Fairley, VW? I think everybody says bring back the guy you know, unless you can bring in Fairley at a reasonable price. Something tells me that's not in the cards. VW is now a run stuffer, and at times has been able to get pressure. But he's been doing less of that since "young vince" days and I don't think he's going to start doing more of it as he ages.
Fairley was already signed by the Rams.

I knew that. I was seeing if you knew that. :)

I heard it on sports radio on the way back from Saturday errands. But to be fair... you did hear about Woodhead right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST