PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Sidy Sow - Round 4 - 117th overall

Your post is confusing. Are you saying the names you mentioned were not intended to be starters?

Or you don't understand basic english. It's SIMPLE. They were drafted AHEAD of when they were needed. DUH.
There are multiple second round picks on your list. Solder was 17th OA.

So. There were multiple 2nd round picks. The players were drafted AHEAD of when they were needed.
Maybe it's the definition of what is an instant starter is where the confusion lies. Tre Jackson and Mason started ten games as rookies, and Stork 11. Neither Murray or Russey, who you mention as their competetion, have ever started a game.

No. It's really simple. Immediate starters means they won the starting job right out of TC.
No where did I mention Murray or Russey as "competition". I stated they were what was on the roster going into the draft. In fact, I use their lack of contributing as a reason to UPGRADE from them.
This is my last post, so you can have the last say if you wish. That the team intends for all these high draft choices to be backups is ridiculous. Mgteich said it correctly. 4th round or better are expected to compete.
Try READING what is said. No where did I say they would ONLY be back-ups. You're assumptions are what is ridiculous. It's funny you tout MG's post, yet yours was contradictory to it.
FACT. The Pats were looking to replace the back-ups at IOL. With 3 positions, you need multiple back-ups on the roster and usually 2 guys who can play center behind the starter. With Ferentz being 34 and Andrews being 33, they needed to address the position since Russey hasn't shown much of anything.
IF (and it's a big if) Andrews/Mafi become starters, great. But the likelihood of that happening isn't in their favor.

Sow is an adult, female pig.

I think its possible Sow plays OT for the Patriots.
That’s what I am reading. He’s OT during OTAs. But both sides? LT?

I am busy with work. Any one have a link discussing SS at OTAs.

His development at OT could make or break our season if injuries strike that position.

That’s what I am reading. He’s OT during OTAs. But both sides? LT?

I am busy with work. Any one have a link discussing SS at OTAs.

His development at OT could make or break our season if injuries strike that position.
"If injuries strike that position" describes every position group on every team in the league.

Brown, Anderson, Reiff, McDermott and Sow is a good group to start camp with... you can only roster so many players.

They've already shown they drafted Sow to play OT, so all the draft day moaning about them not drafting an offensive tackle simply wasn't accurate... they did.

Last edited:
Brown, Anderson, Reiff, McDermott and Sow is a good group to start camp with
A motivated Brown could still be very good, though at RT. The other names, maybe. At best.

Sow is the only other guy who could be very good.

That’s why I want more info.

A motivated Brown could still be very good, though at RT. The other names, maybe. At best.
Why right tackle only when he's played LT at a Pro Bowl caliber level before?
Sow is the only other guy who could be very good.
Anderson has already been good... so has Reiff. You don't survive a decade in this league at that position and start as many games he has without being good.

Brown, Anderson, Reiff, McDermott and Sow is a good group to start camp with... you can only roster so many players.

Surely you cannot be serious.

They've already shown they drafted Sow to play OT, so all the draft day moaning about them not drafting an offensive tackle simply wasn't accurate... they did.

We'll see... Besides, he's been taking snaps exclusively at Right Tackle (unless things changed today) but it's at LEFT Tackle where our greatest need lies.

FIVE YEARS AGO!

That was Then; this is Now.
He’s played OT every season of his career, he made the pro bowl a year later in Oakland.

In 2021 the Patriots offense gave up the third fewest sacks on the season and rushed for the 8th most yards.

So he’s played well except for last season which was a scheme and coaching problem… not a player problem.

After a Sidy Sow pancake of an opposing player, there should be a video of him speaking in French some artful put down. I’d like that.

Why do I read Sidy Sow as Skid Row?

Foreshadowing? I hope not.
because you're getting senile and your mind takes you back to when you had long flowing locks and multiple hotties at your beck and call...(sorta reminds me of ME..:p:whistle:)

In 2021 the Patriots offense gave up the third fewest sacks on the season and rushed for the 8th most yards.

Surely, Brown wasn't playing LT well in 2021 or cap would be have been misleading us yet again. I could say the same for Mac. He played well in 2021 and not in 2022. And Mac wasn't forced to play out of position.

Now that we have this guy I so want City Wok guy on PA...

"All right, Sidy Sow!"

In other Sidy Sow news, don't overlook his Quebecois heritage

This kid comes from a tough blue collar program. Head coach Chris Creighton, EMU’s head coach, is the best coach you never heard of.

Sidy Sow will be a successful player at this level. Character is king.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back