PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI - Perloff on Patriots' karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosebearing

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
"8. Maybe the Patriots are simply a victim of karma. Their bad luck this season can be attributed Spygate, taunting the Chargers after beating them in the playoffs and Tom Brady leaving his pregnant girlfriend. The football gods might have gotten mad because Bill Belichick thought he knew more than them.

The press box at the Jets-Dolphins game was buzzing about a report Tom Brady was behind on his rehab and New England might be forced to franchise tag Matt Cassel as a backup plan for next year. The Patriots built their dynasty by ruthlessly cutting older players like Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law and Drew Bledsoe. Wouldn't it be great if they decided to keep Matt Cassel and shop Brady on the open market? It will never happen, but can you imagine the feeding frenzy around the NFL if it did? If I owned an NFL team, I'd trade the house for him just to see Giselle in person."

I got nothing else to say

Re: SI - Perloff

Bored Idle press..

I actually feel bad for these "alleged" reporters. The hardest thing for these low-lifes is to keep their emotions in check, and they fail terribly at that. I've read it in the NY press this morning too. Hank Gola started out his report of the Pats win the same way. I really do feel bad for these people, they can't compare to the great sports writers of the past. The class that they claim Belichick doesn't have, eludes them as well. Poor excuse for journalists.

These are actually "journalists"? What a joke.

they will not enjoy having to pick the pats as SB favorites next august.......

Stuff like that belongs in TMZ, not on SI. That's just a disgusting, pathetic piece of journalism, if it can even be called that.

I am confused. When did they cut Bledsoe?

Hey, Andy:"Gisele" not "Giselle."

Small thing, but it's all you need to see to know the worth of a "professional" writer.

"8. Maybe the Patriots are simply a victim of karma. Their bad luck this season can be attributed Spygate, taunting the Chargers after beating them in the playoffs and Tom Brady leaving his pregnant girlfriend. The football gods might have gotten mad because Bill Belichick thought he knew more than them.

The press box at the Jets-Dolphins game was buzzing about a report Tom Brady was behind on his rehab and New England might be forced to franchise tag Matt Cassel as a backup plan for next year. The Patriots built their dynasty by ruthlessly cutting older players like Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law and Drew Bledsoe. Wouldn't it be great if they decided to keep Matt Cassel and shop Brady on the open market? It will never happen, but can you imagine the feeding frenzy around the NFL if it did? If I owned an NFL team, I'd trade the house for him just to see Giselle in person."

left his pregnant girlfriend ? she's a 35 year old successful woman/actress. she's set for life. he has no idea what he's talking about(shocking). maybe she kicked tommy to the curb. maybe she got pregnant to keep him. there's a hundred maybes. he has no clue what went on privately between them.

the patriots built their dynasty on ruthlessly cutting players ? talk about bitter. they built their dynasty on making sound personnel decisions. the proof is in the results. talk about a bitter hater.

maybe they're leaking that brady is behind in his rehab so they can franchise cassel without mein fuhrer er i mean godell looking over their shoulder.

That's got to be a joke. I can't believe a writer would say that ****.

That's got to be a joke. I can't believe a writer would say that ****.

Yes, you can. Perloff, Silver, Prisco, Easterbrook...nothing any of them says could surprise me at this point.

Yes, you can. Perloff, Silver, Prisco, Easterbrook...nothing any of them says could surprise me at this point.

Perloff is an angry, whiny, little Jets fan. pissoff, Perloff!

The whole karma angle is so played out its sickening. I mean it's a nice and sensible concept in its intention but I've seen way too many people use it for every little stupid thing just to make themselves feel better and throw salt into wounds. Bad things happen to good clean innocent people too ya know thats what pisses me off the most about it and makes it irrelevant anytime I hear it. I could go on in detail but that's more of a political/non-sports related issue and not appropriate for this forum.

Come back to me in 5-7 years after this team has solidified itself in NFL history as the winningest dynasty and then let's see what you think about this "Karma"

Maybe the Pats should request from NBC, permission to interview Earl. He seems to know a thing or two about karma.

Oh, and while TB comes with a Giselle Bundchen, Earl would bring along a little hottie named Jamie Pressly.

hotpressley.jpg

Heck, he might even bring along Nadine Velazquez too. :D

nadine_velasquez_02.jpg

That article writes itself, that's why we see it so much. It's asking too much for reporters to do some actual reporting.

The Patriots built their dynasty by ruthlessly cutting older players like Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law and Drew Bledsoe.
1) Well, yeah. That's a third of how you build a dynasty, along with acquiring developing young talent and quality free agents. You keep the older players you feel provide value and don't keep the ones you can do better if you had that player's salary to spend otherwise. Funniest (to me) is that he says it as though building a perennial winner is a bad thing. What does he propose? That teams keep older players to avoid building a dynasty? And "ruthlessly"? What is the difference if you cut a playe ruthlessly or ruthly?

2) Bledsoe wasn't ruthlessly cut. He was ruthlessly traded.

The whole karma angle is so played out its sickening. I mean it's a nice and sensible concept in its intention but I've seen way too many people use it for every little stupid thing just to make themselves feel better and throw salt into wounds.
That's the thing about kharma. A person builds a reserve of bad kharma within himself when throwing salt into the wounds of others. Kharma isn't a weapon you can use to attack people/groups.

it is trash like this that caused me to give up on sports media long ago. weak attempts at humor and cheap shots that have no basis in reality. if i wanted to hear that i would seek out a real comedian, not some pathetic sports writer. people on fox sports were mocking the brady injury as well. the whole thing is just a waste of space. do yourself a favor and walk away from these people, they do not care about you, they are trying to use you for their own benifit. just walk away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST