PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats have drafted DK Metcalf instead of N'Keal Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The most important ability is dependability" - BB

;)

What I’m saying is homers have no issue with hypotheticals when it suits their homerism. Homers refuse to hypothetically swap in another teams good player for our average player because “you can’t say how he would do”.

You're comparing analyzing an untried college draft pick vs. whether a 4 year NFL veteran who has been in the system plays in a Super Bowl.

You're making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Enough of the second-guessing. I believe I n this team, and I believe in N'Keal.

You're comparing analyzing an untried college draft pick vs. whether a 4 year NFL veteran who has been in the system plays in a Super Bowl.

You're making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It’s really pretty simple. Homers only deal in what ifs if it suits their argument. Not that hard to follow.

Lots of contested, 50/50 balls were thrown Harry's direction in college which make up 95% of his highlights from ASU. If Harry makes an impact going forward this season, it will require a lot of trust from Brady to throw those balls a couple times per game.

BTW- what happened to the "rewatch thread". I saw it there on Monday and now its gone. Was it a figment of my imagination or am I just not doing something right?
We’re onto Baltimore

It’s really pretty simple. Homers only deal in what ifs if it suits their argument. Not that hard to follow.

You're not making any cogent point whatsoever, other than repeatedly belching out the term "homers" over and over again.

.........which makes you a tragic-comic figure, given the name of the website on which you are arguing.:p

You're not making any cogent point whatsoever, other than repeatedly belching out the term "homers" over and over again.

.........which makes you a tragic-comic figure, given the name of the website on which you are arguing.:p

Okay no homers here. Understood.

Following this up:

According to WEEI, Michel is the second worst qualifying RB, when it comes to yards after contact.

Another follow up, this time from Ivan Fears. First the caress, then the smack:

“I’m happy he’s still alive,” Fears joked about Michel, alluding to the fact he’s carried a big load so far. “I’m happy he’s doing a great job. I’m happy he’s still pretty healthy. He’s playing well in my mind. He’s doing a lot of good things and like everybody, he’s got his moments where he makes mistakes too. He’s got to correct those mistakes. Be a little more consistent in some of the things he’s doing and I think we’ll be more productive overall. I think he tried to run hard this weekend. The good news for us is that Josh is continuing to call on the run game and giving us a chance and that’s keeping it balanced. We want to be more productive, but at least we’re balanced.”

“We gotta stop going backwards,” he said. “And that’s with Sony and some of his decisions. He can’t take a chance and say, ‘I’m gonna bounce this thing. Go East and West all day.’ He’s gotta friggin' get downhill. Nothing there, get downhill.

Can Patriots' woeful ground game improve?

???

Did Ian change the name of the website to nopatriotshomers.com, or something?

Okay no homers here. Understood.

LOTS of homers here!!! The name of the website is PatsFANS.com

Helloooo, Clueless!

Yeah, guilty as charged. :rolleyes: I dig the Patriots.

Lots of us here complain about the Pats' decisions plenty of times. I do several times per week.

Your point about equating an unknown quantity coming out of college ball to a 4 year veteran before a SB game is completely ridiculous. You obviously cannot defend that, so youfurrow your brow and belch "Homers!!!".

Awesome stuff.

Last edited:

Helloooo, Clueless!
You do know you can be a fan and disagree with some of the personnel moves? You can also be a fan without thinking every player we have is the best in the league.

I'm excited to let N'keal decide this one for us. Also secretly hoping we have the next Michael Thomas on our hands.

You do know you can be a fan and disagree with some of the personnel moves? You can also be a fan without thinking every player we have is the best in the league.

Absolutely. I do several times per week. For the sake of humanity, don't get me started on BB's decision not to play Butler in SB 52.

Your argument equating a draft pick who has yet to play a down of professional football to a 4 year vet who is about to play or not in a SB is ridiculous.

There's no amount of your categorizing people as "homers" that can paper that over, no matter how much you try.

Helloooo, Clueless!

Yeah, guilty as charge. I dig the Patriots. Whose your team?

Homers are the most fickle kind of fans there are. They’re the most likely ones to be bandwagon artists since the dude hopping on said bandwagon has a problem admitting his chosen team has warts. They’re the kind that disappear after tough losses. If that’s the measurement of a true “fan” (it isn’t), then this place is going to be mighty quiet when BB and Brady are gone.

Homers are the most fickle kind of fans there are. They’re the most likely ones to be bandwagon artists since the dude hopping on said bandwagon has a problem admitting his chosen team has warts. They’re the kind that disappear after tough losses. If that’s the measurement of a true “fan” (it isn’t), then this place is going to be mighty quiet when BB and Brady are gone.

There are actually several here who have already posted that they're out the moment BB and/or Brady leave.

Takes all kinds.....

I just assume a lot of the homerism is just a lack of knowledge about the league as a whole. More casual fans who really only watch the Patriots games and don’t pay much attention to what’s going on around the league. The fans who dismiss any small criticism with the patented “well we win Super Bowls” argument. They know year in year out the Patriots will be a top 3 if not the top overall team and they just assume since that is the case everything the team does is correct. They don’t really know or understand a lot of the rules or ins and outs of the game and just like to be apart of something that wins and is looked upon with envy from the other 31 fan bases. That being said I certainly believe you’re correct about them being bandwagoners. When BB and Brady retire they aren’t likely to keep posting here, keep watching games, and buying jerseys unless the team continues to win. When the Patriots don’t roll out of bed to a 12 win season it won’t be as easy for them to follow along and they will lose interest.

There are actually several here who have already posted that they're out the moment BB and/or Brady leave.

Takes all kinds.....

When you have to start off your counter argument by being intentionally intellectually dishonest, both with me and with yourself, you have to know that this won’t go well for you. Those people were pretty clearly talking about the direction the game is going in and about Goodell. Not how competitive the team is or isn’t. But perhaps you have someone in mind so that you can reference their post to prove me wrong?

Homers are fickle. It’s in their DNA. They can’t admit to warts because admitting as much defeats the purpose for which they watch the team. They aren’t the true measure of a fan by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST