PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Tank Gate

Argues with self is one thing
Argues with self & loses is another
Inquiring minds need to read the following posts to see who won!
(snark)

Ross could potentially lose the club... i doubt the league would go that far though... though, they might just grant Ross his wish, and strip them of a draft pick or ten... Then they could tank for real, without even trying...

What if Vegas got the heads up on this stuff and they cleaned up making hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Was Harbuagh being paid off this past season when he kept going for 2 points?
its a valid, serious concern. Its basically point shaving on a higher scale. Now that betting is legal, this is a huge story

its a valid, serious concern. Its basically point shaving on a higher scale. Now that betting is legal, this is a huge story
I agree, the right people can make a lot of money if gambling is legal and shenanigans are not aggressively investigated. It's practically an open invitation for organized crime

and Hymen Broth is a key dish at Rosie's Cantina & Backroom Bordello...

Ross could potentially lose the club... i doubt the league would go that far though... though, they might just grant Ross his wish, and strip them of a draft pick or ten... Then they could tank for real, without even trying...

The league might have a smoking gun, in which case forcing Ross to sell might be its only choice. That could be bad news for the Patriots if competent ownership takes control. I heard on the radio yesterday that Ross's defense will be to claim that he was "just kidding" to Flores, which doesn't sound good.

It crazy how Vegas nails these point spread with such accuracy.

Everybody has a story how they were cruising to winning and then the unexpected happens.

If NE had the 100k per loss rumours swirling, the national media would be all over it. The fact that even sports media isn’t making a big deal out of this is telling.

Always thought it was ironic when the NFL who has a history of shying away from sports betting is all of a sudden in bed with sports book folks.. it almost is surreal, it is not if but when..

I heard on the radio yesterday that Ross's defense will be to claim that he was "just kidding" to Flores, which doesn't sound good.

If this has any basis in fact, it is very telling, and the owners should remove Ross for stupidity. Not for tanking/point shaving, which they are fine with, but for admitting to it before he's even been deposed.

But the bigger point is what @RobertWeathers pointed out earlier: the owners are members of a single management group of a business enterprise known as the NFL, with individual offices spread around the country. They fool their customers into thinking the business is about competitive sports, but that's just a false storefront for an advertising/merchandising/gambling operation.

The league might have a smoking gun, in which case forcing Ross to sell might be its only choice. That could be bad news for the Patriots if competent ownership takes control. I heard on the radio yesterday that Ross's defense will be to claim that he was "just kidding" to Flores, which doesn't sound good.
They might have evidence... Combined with the Snyder investigation reemergence there are a couple of owners in dire straights... Call it the cynic in me, but I believe the owners form ranks on these issues to protect their own vested interests... They did, though not formally, bounce Jerry Richardson from the boys club... But that had an element of racial slurs, as well as the sexual allegations misconduct... So it's slightly different...

Tldr they will protect their own, just in case...

In addition... You are potentially looking at three franchises becoming available... The donks are already on the market... I expect that club to go between 4 and 4.5 billion... That will help improve the valuation of the other 31 tribes... I do wonder if the commies and fins also hit the market, will multiple teams on the block hurt or help the bottom line... I'm sure some economic forecaster has the answer to that question, but I don't...

If this has any basis in fact, it is very telling, and the owners should remove Ross for stupidity. Not for tanking/point shaving, which they are fine with, but for admitting to it before he's even been deposed.

But the bigger point is what @RobertWeathers pointed out earlier: the owners are members of a single management group of a business enterprise known as the NFL, with individual offices spread around the country. They fool their customers into thinking the business is about competitive sports, but that's just a false storefront for an advertising/merchandising/gambling operation.

Ooooph. I missed that one earlier, but I have to say that if I adopted this belief about the league, I could see my interest declining over time to the point I walk away...like I did with baseball during the steroid era.

After his tantrum response to the Brady farewell thing, I'm wondering if not being able to water his Orchids is making him a little more fired up than usual. We might just see a pinch of fire and brimstone.
He's already consoled himself with a visit to his favorite son Bledsoe (for whom he backed up the Brink's truck in an effort to have him spend his whole career here-what he should have done with Brady)

Kraft "Good of the 32" should be screaming really loudly at this whole thing and demand franchise crippling punishments for anyone involved.

But he won't.
You're referring to DefameGate

Right?

Reactions: sb1

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes