PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Steelers Quest for Perfection. What would you like to see happen?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want to see happen with the Steelers

• Lose a game ASAP

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose their first playoff game

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Go 16-0, then lose in Super Bowl

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Go 19-0, just to shut up Mercury Morris and the rest of the 72 Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well every team in on equal ground so it is absurd saying it won't count. They will likely lose a game or 2 (Bill and or Browns) but going 16-0 is a real possibility
Not so.
With the vagaries of Covid, teams face a unique not well understood huge variable that coaches cannot seriously control, e.g. # of Covid opt outs and positions affected varied widely. Gets more chaotic from there. Flu season peaks at playoff time.

16-0 will be moot starting next year anyway. I love the fact that some teams will have more home games than others. :maybenot:

I don't think they will go 16-0. But, if they do, and the Pats make it to the playoffs as the 7th seed and can win the first round. What would be better than for the Pats to end their at season 1 and done.

I would love for them to go 15-0 and loose the 16th game on a buzzer beater TD or fg. Barring that, the pats ending their run in the wild card round would be great as well.

It would be comedy gold to watch them go 16-0 then go out like a queef in the night in the divisional round.

every year i would like to see the Steelers go 0-16. If they win their first game then I would like to see them go 1-15, etc etc.
So I am going with 11-5 since they are 11-0
I will only revise that if them winning has positive playoff implications for the patriots.

It would be comedy gold to watch them go 16-0 then go out like a queef in the night in the divisional round.
Even better they go 16-0, the league has to extend an extra week so they add an 8th playoff team and eliminate all byes, and the Steelers lose at home in round 1 to an 8 seed.

I'm fine with them going 16-0. There will NEVER be a season with as big an asterisk as this one. Let them live with it for awhile.
That’s kinda weak considering the schedule tinkering the Steelers have dealt with, if they pull it off, they deserve it.

Even better they go 16-0, the league has to extend an extra week so they add an 8th playoff team and eliminate all byes, and the Steelers lose at home in round 1 to an 8 seed.

I assume in this future the Patriots are the 8th seed :D

Bonus points if Big Ben comes down with COVID, and the Patriots win despite Cam throwing for less than 100 yards :excited:

With the pats being the 8th seed at 9-7. Dream scenario, their fans would go APE

The Pats will never atone for 18-1 but knocking off an undefeated Steeler team in the first round should they get there would be close.

Doesn’t matter; it’s hollow...for various reasons.

I hate to admit it but I really could not care less if the Steelers go 19-0. It would mean absolutely nothing to me

1 Beat KC who I cant stand.
2 Go 18 - 0.
3 Rooneys pay Krafty 1 billion dollars for the 19 - 0 trademark.
4 Tampa defeats New Orleans the 3rd time around and Pitt is to face Brady who is absolutely hated in that city.
5 Both are playing for # 7
6 Ben and Rog Goodell get caught at Orchid Day spa temporary Tampa satellite location the night before the big game.
7 Krafts legal team flies to Tampa on the Patriots jet. Rumors are something wrong with a video.
8 The game is back and forth. Tampa down 30 - 23 in the 4th with 1: 23 on the clock.
9 Bucs have no timeouts
10 Tampa scores a TD with a pass to AB. AB flips off Tomlin and the Steelers and is booted from the field.
11 Kick the PAT and go into OT right? Nope
12 In what will go down as the ballsiest move in Super Bowl folklore, Arians throws caution to to the wind. Brady hits Gronk in the EZ for 2 and Tamps wins.
13 Schula and the 3 remaining living Dolphin players pop the corks.
14 Brady got his 7th.

1 Beat KC who I cant stand.
2 Go 18 - 0.
3 Rooneys pay Krafty 1 billion dollars for the 19 - 0 trademark.
4 Tampa defeats New Orleans the 3rd time around and Pitt is to face Brady who is absolutely hated in that city.
5 Both are playing for # 7
6 Ben and Rog Goodell get caught at Orchid Day spa temporary Tampa satellite location the night before the big game.
7 Krafts legal team flies to Tampa on the Patriots jet. Rumors are something wrong with a video.
8 The game is back and forth. Tampa down 30 - 23 in the 4th with 1: 23 on the clock.
9 Bucs have no timeouts
10 Tampa scores a TD with a pass to AB. AB flips off Tomlin and the Steelers and is booted from the field.
11 Kick the PAT and go into OT right? Nope
12 In what will go down as the ballsiest move in Super Bowl folklore, Arians throws caution to to the wind. Brady hits Gronk in the EZ for 2 and Tamps wins.
13 Schula and the 3 remaining living Dolphin players pop the corks.
14 Brady got his 7th.

just one problem with that scenario. They’d be going for 2 from the 17 yard line

Since the Steelers have been the Pats' b!tch for so long, they don't bother me anymore. What little animosity I had left for them disappeared in 2016 during the AFCCG, when I watched their terrible towels at Gillette (there were a few) go from zipping around like ceiling fans on a hot summer night to limp in a short period of time.

Part of me feels like I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins players who celebrated our loss in 2007 get their comeuppance by watching Pitt go 19-0. Toasting other team's losses in that situation is a classless thing to do and I might enjoy the fact that this Steeler team would do it with an even easier schedule than the 72 Dolphins. I might enjoy seeing the Dolphins whine about that.

I won't know for sure how I'd feel until it happens though. Right now I'm much more interested in pulling for the Defamegate Daily Double of the Ratbirds and Indiots being eliminated from the playoffs while the Pats sneak in.

All I want for Christmas is for them to go 16-0 and then one done.

Rob Ninkovich details why the Patriots didn’t win the Super Bowl in 2007 (yahoo.com)

According to former Patriots defensive end Rob Ninkovich, the Steelers should lose a game to alleviate pressure in the playoffs.

“I felt that pressure relieve,” Ninkovich said on ESPN’s Get Up. “Because a perfect season doesn’t mean anything unless you win the Super Bowl.

“That 2007 Patriot team, I feel, If they would have lost maybe one game in the regular season and didn’t have that pressure of being perfect going into the playoffs, I think they would have won the Super Bowl.”

His opinion. Mine is Tomase's reprehensible hit job article on Super Bowl weekend was too big of a distraction that no team would be able to overcome.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back