PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

The tanking matter may also relate to race in the sense that an African American coach was set up to fail. You hire a stooge, he goes 2-14, you fire him. Jim Caldwell and the Colts. Who is expendable in such a scenario and why is he expendable? Say you hired Kyle Shanahan or Nick Saban? Do you ask them to throw games?
Maybe true. But Joe freakin Burrow was the #1 pick in the '20 draft. After what he did to Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl en route to the National Championship?

It isn't about law. It is about professionalism, and improving your odds of getting the best candidate. It is about business acumen.

If you do what you suggest, you never get to meet better people, never get to have a conversation about how different interviewers see the candidate, never get to think about it, and so much more.

Rushing to hire a guy you love in the moment is a guaranteed way to keep making the same mistakes, to hiring people in your own likeness when what you need is difference, and never knowing why you keep failing.
What law was broken?

How does what I suggest never meet better people when Flores was interviewed? If he was better he got the opportunity to show it. Daboll was not hired until after Flores interview.

And the EEOC laws say you have to cancel remaining interviews when you find someone you feel will be tough to beat out?
If you invite them you have to go through the process. We always find stellar candidates in the middle. I admit to having conversations where I read the tea leaves of where we'r going, but we're very careful not to evaluate and finalize. We actually do almost no comparisons beforehand, almost none. But we do laud the positive side of candidates. Unless an interview goes horribly bad, we almost never talk negatives. It's very easy to bring up the negatives as soon as the final meetings start. We're very careful about this because we know our bosses would be pissed if they had to hire lawyers to defend against an EEOC lawsuit. And we have to document our actions as well for these moments. Don't get me wrong, the work is rather easy when you've evaluated and settled, it's not hard to find reasons why someone doesn't fit. But we're just aware that we must provide a paper trail. In case.

If you look at actual data, rather than data you want to be true, you'll see that extremely high SAT scores actually increase the likelihood of dropout, heavy drug use, inability to form the relationships necessary for college success, and being thrown out for honor violations.

I went to school with a kid who got a 1600. He retook the SAT because he wanted to see if he could do it again. And he did. Absolutely brilliant but he was also somewhat socially re-tarded.

Intelligence is a funny thing. The SAT will show levels of intelligence. No doubt. However, there are many types of learning styles that are not compatible with a timed standardized test. How many intelligent auditory or hands on learners are docked by a standardized test? Is a musical genius not highly intelligent even if he scores a 1100 on the SAT? Strong personal skills are not measurable and not related to intelligence, but they can be vital to career success.

And you mentioned the studies of highly educated having trouble to form relationships. I have no doubt many super-intelligent people are on the spectrum in some way. Hell, would anyone be surprised if BB was on the spectrum given his quirky social skills? It is interesting that there are high number of autistic kids whose fathers or grandfathers are engineers. Not choo choo train engineers, but the wicked smaht ones. There is a fine line in the genius brain.

But ya, the SAT can show someone is really intelligent. But it cannot predict success. And it also cannot prove a lack of intelligence.

Not sure how we got here though! Forgot what this was about, LOL.

So you've got nothing. You should have just acknowledged that from the beginning. Stop letting your politics blind you.
I think you're the one with less than nothing even comparing Steve-O to Flores. It's insulting in the extreme. Might as well compare Dirk Diggler to Flores. You're the one blinded by politics.

Flores effectively ends his coaching career.

with what's been happening this hiring off season...maybe Ross got the rest of the owners to black list flores already...so he already ended his career in the NFL, it just wans't public

If BB wrongly sent that text because he’s an old man OR if he did it in a Keyser Soze way… makes me love him even more.
You gotta love how after a handful of back and forths, he signs his text BB.
Social media talent slightly above Johnny Lawrence hash brown cobra Kai

I've blocked the person in question but this is a great example of one person who clearly is here to impose his POV onto everyone and derail a thread. Hopefully the mods don't allow him to do so. As for the lawsuit, it's a non issue for NE/BB and for the Giants. The rule that makes teams interview a certain demographic has always been hollow and I am not a fan of attaching racist undertones to a lawsuit in order to boost it's validity. Miami however should be in big trouble if the league acts fairly and it's a shame that Flores is getting screwed here and probably won't coach again. Coaching for a guy like that your first time around leaves you with no chances and I respect his decision to refuse to tank.

I went to school with a kid who got a 1600. He retook the SAT because he wanted to see if he could do it again. And he did. Absolutely brilliant but he was also somewhat socially re-tarded.

Intelligence is a funny thing. The SAT will show levels of intelligence. No doubt. However, there are many types of learning styles that are not compatible with a timed standardized test. How many intelligent auditory or hands on learners are docked by a standardized test? Is a musical genius not highly intelligent even if he scores a 1100 on the SAT? Strong personal skills are not measurable and not related to intelligence, but they can be vital to career success.

And you mentioned the studies of highly educated having trouble to form relationships. I have no doubt many super-intelligent people are on the spectrum in some way. Hell, would anyone be surprised if BB was on the spectrum given his quirky social skills? It is interesting that there are high number of autistic kids whose fathers or grandfathers are engineers. Not choo choo train engineers, but the wicked smaht ones. There is a fine line in the genius brain.

But ya, the SAT can show someone is really intelligent. But it cannot predict success. And it also cannot prove a lack of intelligence.

Not sure how we got here though! Forgot what this was about, LOL.

We need to stop using the word "intelligence" as equal to the ability to store and recall knowledge, or do logical processing. Those are two of many types of intelligence.

A study was done of IQ correlation with corporate success. There was none. The only skill typically called intelligence that was correlated with business success was pattern recognition. All of the other correlated skills were in the categories of relational, self awareness and management, and resilience.

It isn't about law. It is about professionalism, and improving your odds of getting the best candidate. It is about business acumen.

If you do what you suggest, you never get to meet better people, never get to have a conversation about how different interviewers see the candidate, never get to think about it, and so much more.

Rushing to hire a guy you love in the moment is a guaranteed way to keep making the same mistakes, to hiring people in your own likeness when what you need is difference, and never knowing why you keep failing.
This is a tough point to get across. Most just hide behind "it's your team you should hire who you want" and while that's true and nice in theory what if the owner is an idiot lol. There are a ton of brilliant minds in the NFL but if people believe the best just rise to the crop they're naive. And I'm being as nice as I can. It's still very much who you know not how good you are.

It's a tough conversation bc some won't admit there's a problem.

If you invite them you have to go through the process. We always find stellar candidates in the middle. I admit to having conversations where I read the tea leaves of where we'r going, but we're very careful not to evaluate and finalize. We actually do almost no comparisons beforehand, almost none. But we do laud the positive side of candidates. Unless an interview goes horribly bad, we almost never talk negatives. It's very easy to bring up the negatives as soon as the final meetings start. We're very careful about this because we know our bosses would be pissed if they had to hire lawyers to defend against an EEOC lawsuit. And we have to document our actions as well for these moments. Don't get me wrong, the work is rather easy when you've evaluated and settled, it's not hard to find reasons why someone doesn't fit. But we're just aware that we must provide a paper trail. In case.
How is this any different than completing the process by interviewing Flores?

NFL going defensive, which means there is no independent report and loss of picks for 3 scumbag franchises.

Bet we lost 5 first rounders for BB inability to know which Brian he was texting though.

Most stunning part is BB isn’t a flip phone guy. Guy accidentally shook up the league and exposed blatant racism.

I’m talking likely not anything that could be possible.
Who knows. Major balls by Flo to even take on an owner.
How is it actionable? Is there a cause if action for having you go through with your interview while they work out trying to sign their top choice?
I'm under the assumption that Flo has evidence (more BB texts, texts from Daboll to BB, texts from Mara) that show a timeline of Daboll being "hired" without Flo even being considered when there is a rule demanding he is.

Maybe the NFL blocks discovery. Maybe Flo has the texts. Who knows. Need to see everything (or nothing ) to see if there is a legitimate case.

We need to stop using the word "intelligence" as equal to the ability to store and recall knowledge, or do logical processing. Those are two of many types of intelligence.

A study was done of IQ correlation with corporate success. There was none. The only skill typically called intelligence that was correlated with business success was pattern recognition. All of the other correlated skills were in the categories of relational, self awareness and management, and resilience.

That is all true. I used "intelligence" in the classic sense. SAT is a great test off knowledge and recall. That is it.

Logic and intelligence? LOL. My wife bashes me for being book smart (school was always a breeze) but logically impaired. She sucked at school but is much more on the ball with everyday life issues. Ya know, the important stuff? So who is more intelligent?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back