PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

How would Belichick know that the Giants were hiring Daboll before they interviewed Flores?

Belichick isn't associated with the Giants. Who in their organization is leaking Belichick stuff?

Do you think there was any question that, at the very least, that job was going to either Daboll or Frazier?

BB has a lot of friends in high places.

Just has a relationship with Mara from when he was DC there and won the two titles. Mara had just become the owner of the Giants then.

To be clear, the owner of the Dolphins offered to compensate the Head Coach to throw games.

My knee-jerk reaction is Ross needs to be suspended for a year, fined $1m and forfeit multiple draft picks.

Over the top reaction is he needs to sell the team.
It’s an accusation by a disgruntled fired employee.

He said / she said. In court Flores will need to prove it. In Roger’s kangaroo court, the Dolphins are a bad team that needs help to rebuild their fan base, so the Roger will investigate them and find they did nothing wrong.

Roger will make BB and Kraft pay for this, somehow.

IDK. Might be pissed how they handled Joe Judge?
True. I can't even imagine all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that never sees the light of day. I am sure there are tons of alliances and people looking to prop up or burn someone else.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think Bill "screwed up" on purpose but he still seems to have a soft spot for the Giants so I doubt he wants to burn them.
That was my first take.

BB gets punished for the tiniest bs.... he's just "conveniently" giving evidence of the giants breaking the Rooney rule. He comes off clean because it was an "honest mistake."

Dolphins break tampering rules as well as the draft thing.

It's easier for me to believe BB is getting revenge via chess rather than not knowing who he is talking to.

He said / she said. In court Flores will need to prove it. In Roger’s kangaroo court, the Dolphins are a bad team that needs help to rebuild their fan base, so the Roger will investigate them and find they did nothing wrong.

Except Roger isn't going to "investigate" ****. This is a class action lawsuit against the NFL and you can bet Flores will not settle for an "undisclosed settlement."

At a minimum a violation of the Rooney rule if they had already decided and communicated the Daboll decision and then conducted sham interview with Flores.
The whole point of the Rooney Rule is to conduct sham interviews. If the Giants interviewed Daboll and absolutely loved him and want him hired, then that should be it. No more interviews. Instead, they're forced to find someone black to meet the stupid rule requirement and waste everyone's time.

BB's name is the headline. His texts are harmless from BB's point of view. For a moment i was scared.
BB will have to undergo deposition and testimony. What did he know and when did he know it. The result will be to curtail willingness of others to talk to him.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back