PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season Ending Injuries around the league

Am I wrong or injuries are skyrocketing? Maybe we get to know more due to the twitters and other medias, but that's a freak show.

I don't know. There are 32 teams with 90 players each and we're about a week or ten days into camp. I'm sorry to say that it would be surprising if each team didn't have an injury by now. Of course, we don't yet know which ones will be "season-ending" except for the very drastic ones -- like poor Wilson above.

Am I wrong or injuries are skyrocketing? Maybe we get to know more due to the twitters and other medias, but that's a freak show.

We talked about this last year how injuries seems to be RISING not FALLING with the "less contact" and less mandatory off-season training in the new CBA..

For those of us hoping that TE Rob Housler would somehow get lost in the shuffle at Arizona,
the chances of that happening have now been reduced : the Cards have placed old friend Jake
Ballard on the reserve/retired list.

We talked about this last year how injuries seems to be RISING not FALLING with the "less contact" and less mandatory off-season training in the new CBA..
100% agree. I don't think it's accidental. I believe that a causal relationship between the injuries/severity and the lack of contact exists. I know it sounds contradictory, but I believe it anyway.

Injured digestive systems are on the rise too.............

rex-celebrates-copy.jpg

Dexter McDougle has a torn ACL, the Jets announced.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/498539457382187008

Don't know about Milliner yet, but:

Several hundred spectators fell silent as the trainers tended to Milliner, who made headlines recently by claiming he's the best cornerback in the league. After a couple of minutes, Milliner was helped off the field by two trainers, unable to place any weight on the injured ankle.

New York Jets' Dee Milliner injures ankle, Dexter McDougle tears ACL - espnNY

With their CB2 also banged up, ESPN added this:

Their top healthy corners are nickelback Kyle Wilson, Darrin Walls and Ras-I Dowling.

Jets are starting to get hit hard with Injuries now. Decker. Millner I guess had a bad ankle injury today. High sprain. That's 4-6 possibly right there

Rumor on nfl.com the Jesters have reached out to Asante Samuel.
Don't know how I feel about this it would suck to lose a close game to Samuel squatting on a route and getting a pick 6 on the other hand I highly doubt he could stay with Minitron or Admendola in the slot.

Rumor on nfl.com the Jesters have reached out to Asante Samuel.
Don't know how I feel about this it would suck to lose a close game to Samuel squatting on a route and getting a pick 6 on the other hand I highly doubt he could stay with Minitron or Admendola in the slot.

Samuel would either have to play in a pure man scheme with limited safety help, or the Jets would have to adjust their defense. Either way would be a win for the Patriots and Jets opponents in general.

According to Mike Garafolo at this point they are unlikely to sign him. He said Jets are trying to bargain shop and Samuel wasn't having any of that.

Samuel would either have to play in a pure man scheme with limited safety help, or the Jets would have to adjust their defense. Either way would be a win for the Patriots and Jets opponents in general.

Yup, and I don't think the former is at all feasible. I was surprised that they reached out to him at all, considering how poor of a system fit he is for the Jets. I guess they're just really desperate at this point. Even at his best, he was never a good man corner, and Rex's entire defensive scheme is predicated on locking down WRs in man coverage and using extra rushers to overload and/or create exotic looks to confuse the QB. If Asante takes the field for them, then they'll simply have to adjust to play to his strengths.

I don't know. There are 32 teams with 90 players each and we're about a week or ten days into camp. I'm sorry to say that it would be surprising if each team didn't have an injury by now. Of course, we don't yet know which ones will be "season-ending" except for the very drastic ones -- like poor Wilson above.

Has anyone produced any hard evidence that injuries really are on the rise? Because if not, then anecdotal evidence can be pretty easily explained by a) increased roster sizes, and b) greater access to information now that every team's practices are being tweeted in real time and injuries are being posted to threads like this one.

Asante Samuel has a "get paid" tattoo for a reason.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back