PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Rumor: QB Josh Rosen “could be” traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most important things for a QB is work ethic, discipline, coachability and leadership. This is where Brady excels, i think all of his unique skills - like his pocket awernes, mental clock and pre snap judgment - all leads from this. I mean this might sound like a cliche, but i don't think anybody have watched more film than Tom.

I agree with this, which is why I am a Ryan Finley guy:

Potential Patriots QB: Ryan Finley Won Over Teammates On Fly As Starter

Last edited:
On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone from this year's crop who would be available in the 2nd would have Rosen's potential either.

This is likely true, and if they do trade for him, then I'd console myself with that fact. :)

Yeah...I am not saying they are trash...but I value one 4th rounder more then 4 7 rounders. It's ok if i am in the minority.
you are not. Nobody would give us a 4th rounder for 4 7 rounders

I agree with this. As much as I love Brady, and I love me some Brady, never loved a football player as much as I love Brady, Belichick is heartless (and rightfully so). IF he feels Brady is no longer doing a good job, he will bench him or cut him. It's just the nature of the business, and nobody knows this better than Belichick.

If a 2nd round pick isn't enough, offer some more to get it done, offer a 2 and a 3. Me personally, I think Rosen is a better QB prospect than any QB in the 2019 draft. If it's feasible, and you really, truthfully want Rosen, go get him.
Brady is so far ahead of every other QB above the shoulders that there isn’t going to be a point where he is no longer doing a good job until injuries take their toll.
It won’t end with a benching it will end with an injury.
If Brady has a 50% chance of being injured we still have a better chance of winning a Sb with him that with any other QB.

You simply ride this until you cannot any more.

If Rosen sat for 2 years behind Brady, it would be a good thing, imho. That way he'd break all the bad habits he had picked up and be actually able to learn and develop from the best.

Rosen will throw a temper tantrum for having to sit behind Brady.

Rosen will throw a temper tantrum for having to sit behind Brady.
Maybe but he would also be sitting behind Rivers or Manning for at least a year.
I'm shocked the Dolphins aren't all over him.

I think Tom Brady 08/03/1977 and Zdeno Chara 03/18/1977

Have a secret local area wager going - Chara just re-upped for 1 year.

I mean what makes Brady the GOAT? I don't think its natural talent, i mean there are probably 5 QBs who is more talented than him every single draft. If your arm is good enough i think it's good enough. I don't think arm strength is what wins in this league.

I think the most important things for a QB is work ethic, discipline, coachability and leadership. This is where Brady excels, i think all of his unique skills - like his pocket awernes, mental clock and pre snap judgment - all leads from this.

Sorry, but you can't teach pocket awareness. You can't teach that "mental clock". You can't teach "IT".

I also don't believe you can "teach" leadership. You can hone it. But I don't believe you can teach it.

Natural talent isn't just the "physical abilities". It's also the intangibles. Things like leadership, pocket awareness. The ability to quickly recognize the little things that the opposing defensive players are doing pre-snap (shading inside/outside, which foot the CB is planning to push off on, etc).

People seem to have forgotten that Brady's arm strength wasn't "good enough" when he first got into the league and that he has spent TONS of hours improving it over the course of his career. Just like he's spent tons of time improving his footwork and his decision making ability on when to run.

I also don't believe you can "teach" leadership. You can hone it. But I don't believe you can teach it.

Disagree here pretty strongly. Have you ever felt a lack of confidence in something that was new to you but over time you gradually got confident and that resulted in you being much stronger at your job?

Not everyone has the pure natural confidence that Brady has, I know I don't. But over time at my job I've become so confident in my skills and I express myself so forcefully that now, without exaggeration, my manager is pretty intimidated by me.

I think a lot of failed QBs were guys who could have built up the confidence it takes to be a good leader if they weren't put in a situation that all but guaranteed failure. It's hard to even start to be a great leader when you're on your ass in 1.7 seconds.

I'm not a Rosen fan, at all, so I'm not trying to make a case for him. I just think good leadership is a trait that can be learned.

Sorry, but you can't teach pocket awareness. You can't teach that "mental clock". You can't teach "IT".

Natural talent isn't just the "physical abilities". It's also the intangibles. Things like leadership, pocket awareness. The ability to quickly recognize the little things that the opposing defensive players are doing pre-snap (shading inside/outside, which foot the CB is planning to push off on, etc).

People seem to have forgotten that Brady's arm strength wasn't "good enough" when he first got into the league and that he has spent TONS of hours improving it over the course of his career. Just like he's spent tons of time improving his footwork and his decision making ability on when to run.
**Brady's first year as a starter was very similar to the results Rosen pumped out.** Brady's mental clock was not always there, and that was AFTER he was in the system for 2 years and was getting used to the speed of the game. Hell, Rosen had 2 different OC's last year. I'm not advocating for Rosen, and not even saying I believe he would be a great addition (honestly, I don't know) but what I do know is a great coach can pull a lot of positive traits out of someone that previously looked as if they weren't there.

**Statistically.

Last edited:
Maybe but he would also be sitting behind Rivers or Manning for at least a year.
I'm shocked the Dolphins aren't all over him.
The Dolphins are tanking for a real franchise QB next year.

Brady's first year as a starter was very similar to the results Rosen pumped out. Brady's mental clock was not always there, and that was AFTER he was in the system for 2 years and was getting used to the speed of the game. Hell, Rosen had 2 different OC's last year. I'm not advocating for Rosen, and not even saying I believe he would be a great addition (honestly, I don't know) but what I do know is a great coach can pull a lot of positive traits out of someone that previously looked as if they weren't there.
The f$ck?
Brady’s first year was a SB championship.

The f$ck?
Brady’s first year was a SB championship.
Da FUUUUUQ?!?!

Clearly I was speaking statistically. Then again, I'm sure you already knew that. Sometimes I really like you and value you as a poster. Other times, I can't figure out wtf your problem is.

Never seen this guy before, but he's right on the money as far as I'm concerned. Well thought out video, especially for a college kid! Bright future ahead of him.

Rosen will cost a solid 2nd-round pick.

Finley probably be had in the 3rd-round.

Grier 2nd-round/3rd-round.

Daniel Jones 1st-round/2nd-round.

Fans getting concerned about intangibles is one of those weird things where you only see maybe like 5-10 percent of who these people are, maybe a little more than that for the really big guys. At best it's based off some blurb in a NFL.com scouting report, but usually it's just circular logic; a player who's bad on the field must be bad because he had bad 'intangibles.'

Will Grier looks like a far less talented Manziel without the alcoholism or bipolar disorder, in that he's an improviser rather than playing within a system. Manziel was all about the talent, so not really sure what Will Grier is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back