PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Mounting belief Browns take Mayfield #1 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Worthy of separate thread. That would be an all time draft day shocker.

Update: Daniel Jeremiah’s latest mock as of 8:30 AM has Mayfield #1 as well.

Last edited:
Top 5 Mock:

Browns - Mayfield

Giants - Darnold (can’t pass up)

Jetes - Allen/Rosen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Nelson

What is going to be interesting is what the Browns do with the 4th pick. Do they go Chubb or Barkley? Either way, Denver, a team that I absolutely hate will end up with an impact player. I guess that’s what happens when you suck.

I know its from Schefter but I won't believe it until I see it. Most of the speculation has been Josh Allen and that is who I mocked there, but my guy says its Darnold.

Although Baker would make things really interesting. Darnold goes #2 to the Giants and the Jets ruin Josh Allen's career at #3.

Do we have interest to trade up with Cleveland or Denver for Chubb? Allen or Rosen?
I'd love to see what McDaniels could do with Wentz light in Allen.

Top 5 Mock:

Browns - Mayfield

Jetes - Allen/Rosen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Nelson

What is going to be interesting is what the Browns do with the 4th pick. Do they go Chubb or Barkley? Either way, Denver, a team that I absolutely hate will end up with an impact player. I guess that’s what happens when you suck.

1. I hope Jets go Allen. Lots of upside but plenty of bust potential too and he probably won’t help them year one.

2. Browns will be interesting with a QB and Barkley.

3. I can see Broncos trading out of that spot to the Bills.

4. Colts get Chubb. Great get for them.

Wouldn't be a big shocker imo. He's clearly one of the top 2 QBs along with Darnold.

I know its from Schefter but I won't believe it until I see it. Most of the speculation has been Josh Allen and that is who I mocked there, but my guy says its Darnold.

Although Baker would make things really interesting. Darnold goes #2 to the Giants and the Jets ruin Josh Allen's career at #3.

It’s not just Schefter. Mary Kay Cabot said it was down to Allen or Mayfield and Jay Glazer tweeted about Mayfield “flying up boards” yesterday which is strange when you consider he was generally accepted to go no 3 anyway.

Top 5 Mock:

Browns - Mayfield

Jetes - Allen/Rosen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Nelson

I think Cleveland could trade out of 4 to Buffalo for both of their 1's. Buffalo jumps ahead of Denver and ensures Miami doesn't jump them.

It would be a long way down from 4 to 12 for Cleveland, but they have so much draft ammo there is no reason they couldn't trade back up. In my mock I have them trading from 4 to 12 then trading back up to 6 with Indy who could be motivated to move back. At 6 they could still get 1 of Chubb, Barkley or Nelson while adding a pick or two.

Do we have interest to trade up with Cleveland or Denver for Chubb? Allen or Rosen?
I'd love to see what McDaniels could do with Wentz light in Allen.

Allen is going to suck. He’s just another QB with a big arm.

I wouldn’t mind trading up for Chubb... at all. He’s a double digit sack guy. This team could badly use that.

I think Cleveland could trade out of 4 to Buffalo for both of their 1's. Buffalo jumps ahead of Denver and ensures Miami doesn't jump them.

It would be a long way down from 4 to 12 for Cleveland, but they have so much draft ammo there is no reason they couldn't trade back up. In my mock I have them trading from 4 to 12 then trading back up to 6 with Indy who could be motivated to move back. At 6 they could still get 1 of Chubb, Barkley or Nelson while adding a pick or two.

So

Cleveland - Mayfield

Giants - Darnold

Jets - Allen/Rosen

Buffalo - Rosen/Allen

Denver - Chubb/Nelson/Barkely

Tampa Bay - Chubb/Nelson/Barkely

Chicago - Chubb/Nelson/Barkely

SF would be a great place to trade up for Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith if Bill wanted to do that.

Allen is going to suck. He’s just another QB with a big arm.

I wouldn’t mind trading up for Chubb... at all. He’s a double digit sack guy. This team could badly use that.
I don't know something about the kid I like besides the cannon he seems to have that it factor.
Nobody knows what BB will do but I wouldn't rule it out.

It’s not just Schefter. Mary Kay Cabot said it was down to Allen or Mayfield and Jay Glazer tweeted about Mayfield “flying up boards” yesterday which is strange when you consider he was generally accepted to go no 3 anyway.

That's true, but to me this feels a lot like draft day last year when all the rumors were the Browns were going to take Trubisky. I guess it's just hard for me to believe Cleveland is competent enough to keep their intentions this much of a secret until so close to the draft.

THe Jets board seems convinced that Rosen is going to be the pick if Mayfield is gone

That would be a smart move by Cleveland.

That would be a smart move by Cleveland.

It sucks for Mayfield but smart on Cleveland’s part. I’m pretty convinced the Browns won’t be the Browns for long...

I hope the jets take Rosen. Too much character issues for me to feel comfortable.

It sucks for Mayfield but smart on Cleveland’s part. I’m pretty convinced the Browns won’t be the Browns for long...
It would be a great situation for Mayfield. He gets to marinate in the system for a year behind Turdrod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back