PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady will retire if he lost the next super bowl.

Watch them extend Brady before the trade deadline in order to get another receiver or o line or both

If Pats win Super Bowl this year, contrary to a popular take that Brady would want to go out with 7 and on top, I for one believe there is zero chance Brady or Belichick would leave. Nobody has ever won three consecutive, and they know it; I remember guys (and Brady in particular) were talking about it all the way back in '05.

If Pats win Super Bowl this year, contrary to a popular take that Brady would want to go out with 7 and on top, I for one believe there is zero chance Brady or Belichick would leave. Nobody has ever won three consecutive, and they know it; I remember guys (and Brady in particular) were talking about it all the way back in '05.

Dream

19-0 this year
3 peat next year

3 Super Bowls in a row would be an amazing feat in the salary cap era - last 3 in a row champion was over 50 years ago - Packers from ‘65 to ‘67.

Much different dynamic back then, but i remember that being a point of emohasis.

3 Super Bowls in a row would be an amazing feat in the salary cap era - last 3 in a row champion was over 50 years ago - Packers from ‘65 to ‘67.
I think we're saying the same thing, but only two of those were SBs. (Which does nothing to diminish the greatness of that team.)

Dream

19-0 this year
3 peat next year
I dare not...

[Eta: though, no matter what anybody says, there's no way that redemption for '07 hasn't at least crossed their minds...]

Last edited:

Fred Kirsch @Fred_Kirsch

Schefter is softening his stance on Brady on ESPN just now, saying there's simply a question as to what he will do after season.

See how these people jump the gun !!!!!

Fred Kirsch @Fred_Kirsch

Schefter is softening his stance on Brady on ESPN just now, saying there's simply a question as to what he will do after season.

See how these people jump the gun !!!!!

That whole Schefter stunt last week was lame and uncharacteristic of the man.

He made his name breaking news no one else had or before anyone else had it.

This was just him yelling about news that everyone already knew and making like Felcher. It was twice warmed over tofu from the beginning. He actually tried to sell it like it was new information and not just an opinion piece on stuff already reported. Not his best moment.

Obviously the ESPN suits told him to hype the hawt tayk pregame to juice the game ratings.

Schefter is softening his stance on Brady on ESPN just now, saying there's simply a question as to what he will do after season!
Um, yeah. Applies to Brady and every other player whose contract is up at the end of the year.

The media has really run out of ammo haven’t they?

They are shooting warmed over cotton bullets pregame these days. They used to have more potent material.

The Paul Ruud thing failed last week, the ‘AB gonna wreak havoc from his twitter feed’ failed the week before.....this week’s warmed over “he sold his house!” campaign is melting before it hits the screen.

It’s comical.

As the season progresses we’ll start seeing the media trot out “love children” of Kraft, BB, Brady, Ernie, etc.

They’ll be all kinds of contrived stories. One of these days I’d love the Patriots to hit back. The fact that John Tomase is walking around making a living in Massachusetts is beyond comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes