PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson is not a dual threat QB. Watch Watson, Mahomes or even Wilson pass the ball and then check out cuts (and not only highlights) of the last 4-5 games of Jackson.

He has a looooong way to go.

yeah I didn't necessarily mean him with that more generally speaking.

A QB like Watson would be a perfect example. A throw first QB who can scramble, move well in the pocket and pick up 3rd down conversions with his feet if needed

yeah I didn't necessarily mean him with that more generally speaking.

A QB like Watson would be a perfect example. A throw first QB who can scramble, move well in the pocket and pick up 3rd down conversions with his feet if needed

To me scrambling is different then a running QB. I don't like the idea of running after their is nothing there with the 1st look.

To me scrambling is different then a running QB. I don't like the idea of running after their is nothing there with the 1st look.

Throw first QB but also a threat to run and run a few designed QB runs per game. be a threat running and passing. very difficult to defend.

Throw first QB but also a threat to run and run a few designed QB runs per game. be a threat running and passing. very difficult to defend.

Designing running plays for a QB is a bad idea. I think it's dumb to intentionally put your best player in harms way over and over again...stats show those type of QB's have more injuries then not. A QB should only run if their is no other option and theirs a hole the size of grand canyon up the middle...or he's running to save his life.

Obviously I prefer a QB to throw instead of run. Leave the running to RB's.

Designing running plays for a QB is a bad idea. I think it's dumb to intentionally put your best player in harms way over and over again...stats show those type of QB's have more injuries then not. A QB should only run if their is no other option and theirs a hole the size of grand canyon up the middle...or he's running to save his life.

Obviously I prefer a QB to throw instead of run. Leave the running to RB's.

stats actually don't show that. it's a myth.

stats actually don't show that. it's a myth.

We'll that's a lazy response...that's usually my gig LOL. But where are all these HOF running QB's you speak of? Show me the running QB's that are starters that have been in the league longer then 10 years.

We'll that's a lazy response...that's usually my gig LOL. But where are all these HOF running QB's you speak of? Show me the running QB's that are starters that have been in the league longer then 10 years.

To quote Ohrnberger:

the game is changing. They just entered the league or will enter it.

All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

I get that...I don't think it will end well for them unless it's $. We'll see what the future brings.

I get that...I don't think it will end well for them unless it's $. We'll see what the future brings.

even then I would gladly take an elite DT QB for 8 years.

Dualthreat QBs are the future of football.

.....that's been said since Randall Cunningham how many years ago????? Then Doug Flutie,......then Mike Vick......., then RG III......then Cam Newton....... then...........

When are they going to be the PRESENT?????

Last edited:
.....that's been said since Randall Cunningham how many years ago????? Then Doug Flutie,......then Mike Vick......., then RG III......then Cam Newton....... then...........

I get what you are saying but a lot more college concepts are being implemented into the NFL and these type of QBs are a lot more common than in the past.

I get what you are saying but a lot more college concepts are being implemented into the NFL and these type of QBs are a lot more common than in the past.

Their young and not being paid $20 mil a year

.....and who was the last running QB to win a Super Bowl? Was Steve Young a running QB????

The argument for running QBs isn't a strong one if the objective is a championship.

.....and who was the last running QB to win a Super Bowl?

You ask me that on a weekend? I just sprained my brain trying to remember.

With all due respect, we've been hearing how running QB's were going to change the game for about 30 years now, and it still hasn't happened. From Randall Cunningham to Michael Vick to the short-lived obsession with the read option to the present day obsession with the RPO... the NFL is a passing league and good QB needs to be one whose strength is passing.

.....and who was the last running QB to win a Super Bowl? Was Steve Young a running QB????

The argument for running QBs isn't a strong one if the objective is a championship.

I don't even consider Young to be a running QB. He was a QB who could run, but not a running QB. There have been great passing QB's who could also run (Elway, Young, Wilson) who have had success. Not seeing terribly many running QB's at that level.

Continuous success has it's downfalls and having an entitled, unappreciative segment of your fan base is most certainly a part of it.

Reading some of these posts in this thread just reminds me of the same, exact discussions that were going on when Jimmy entered his last year, and a lot of people could NOT wait for Jimmy to take over and win 5 more SB. Because they know nothing else. Winning is OWED to them. Because Tom Brady is an everyday occurrence and 5 (now 6) Super Bowls will become 10 and 20 and forever and ever. 13 franchises have never won 1 Super Bowl. Vikings fans would do unspeakable things for a single SB.

Tom Brady has given this franchise 20 years, 80,000 yards, 600+ TD's, 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super Bowl wins. He has earned the right to retire a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back