PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schefter is a master at stating the obvious and reporting it as news.

So glad to see schefter has “sources” this time ... but geesh.

great comments in that tweet by the way.

He’s rapidly losing his journalistic credibility, which is shocking because he used to be the standard. I can’t see how he thought doing stuff like this was a good career move. I guess hanging with Chris Mortenson affected him.

Honestly, this is sad to watch happen to Schefter. The ESPN suits got to him and it’s a loss of a good journalist.

Eventually, Mike Reiss will be the last actual football journalist standing....

read Schefters espn article.....so basically, no one knows what brady will do after the season but his great relationship with Belichick/Kraft makes it possible he returns.

such a non-story

I hope the top execs at espn and NFLN are pushing rapoport and schefter to get something anything whatever about Brady in the air. Because if either of them actually think what their saying constitutes good reporting, that’d be even more embarrassing.

I'm convinced it's just the Brady camp and bb/Kraft party feeding this info to feed public perception. "New England the third choice but it's really Brady's first choice". Now bb and Kraft have Brady's back. It's all bs

Brady invested a ton of time in ab... What like 3 weeks?

Adam Schefter Report Should Dispel Talk Of Tom Brady-Bill Belichick Feud

What an embarrassing walk back on a take by Schefter.

1. He drops his bombshell.

2. Sources from Patriots contact him to say Brady’s relationship with Patriots is great now.

3. He says “no one can predict the future!” and adds that the Patriots now have “a shot” at retaining their 20-year franchise icon. “A shot?” Really? I’d bet Vegas odds would have him at over 80% to return to NE if he doesn’t retire. Typically when there are rumors about someone leaving a team, it’s because they have another destination they really want.

4. Feel like I’ve wasted a lot of time here. Usually I take Schefter really seriously. It really just was a Zillow search about a home listing that happened three months ago. He has absolutely no additional information outside of what PatsFans.com has raked over for months. None.

Last edited:
As the season progresses we’ll start seeing the media trot out “love children” of Kraft, BB, Brady, Ernie, etc.

They’ll be all kinds of contrived stories. One of these days I’d love the Patriots to hit back. The fact that John Tomase is walking around making a living in Massachusetts is beyond comprehension.

The only time I care about 19-0 is if they get to 16-0. But if they do close in on an undefeated season, the crap that is going to get slung is going to make Tomase look like child’s play.

All noise.

Once Patriots win their 7th Super Bowl in Feb 2020, then we can talk...

o_O

Adam Chester now claims Brady and Belichick are A-hole buddies. Turns out it has been TB who's been dispatching the WRs and BB has been taking the blame, cause Bill doesn't GAF what people think. Classic good cop / bad cop routine.

Enjoy the journey.

hqdefault.jpg

Why would he leave? Tom said in an interview that he is having alot of fun and he will know when enough is enough.

Again all noise. I will be shocked if he’s in another jersey.

If Brady’s really whining about “spending a lot of time” with someone who was here for all of 11 days (i.e. it’s not like he spent weeks working with Brown in training camp) then I’ll have to drop my respect for Brady a couple of notches.

If Brady’s really whining about “spending a lot of time” with someone who was here for all of 11 days (i.e. it’s not like he spent weeks working with Brown in training camp) then I’ll have to drop my respect for Brady a couple of notches.

Yeah but we saw multiple practice videos where Brady was doing 1v1 work with AB in the back of the field. Plus AB was staying with Brady. I am sure Brady feels that valuable time during the season was spent with AB and wasted. Same for Gordon and Thomas. Plus reports that Brady has “perfect” practices with AB must make it even more frustrating. Plus Brady must know that are cap space is hamstrung because of the stupid decision to release AB.

Brady knows what his role is but even he can see some stupid personnel decisions have been made. Either hiring AB was stupid or releasing him was stupid. You can’t absolve the front office this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes