PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saturday night could be TB12's last time wearing patriots uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place has r etard censored now? Are you freakin' kidding me with this crap?

Can this be translated into English? I was born in 1986. Of course I didn’t know what I was watching when I was alive before the Bledsoe era. I didn’t know anything. But congrats on having that full cognitive ability at the infant stage. I hate to tell you this, but you’ve regressed. Significantly.
Lol I was on your side. I hate when people claim that they're a better fan because they have been watching since Grogan while you have been watching since Bledsoe. Being a fan longer doesn't necessarily make you a better fan.

If Brady leaves for another team and they play the Pats, I hope the Pats make him retire.

In fairness, Deus has stated he’s jumping ship when they’re out because he doesn’t like where the NFL is headed. That’s why the fact that he’s hinting that he’ll root for whatever team Brady is on, should he leave, is throwing me through a loop.

Leaving the NFL all together is one thing. Switching teams because of a player no matter how iconic he may be...nope I can’t do it.

Your postings aren't generally as ridiculous as that one was, so I was letting it skate. But, since you couldn't just let sleeping dogs lie...

1. I've been a Patriots fan since the 70's. So the notion that I'd just be a Brady fan is asinine, Mr. "I started watching this team in the Bledsoe era".
  2. Brady moving on would mean that Brady would have to do a complete reboot in another location, whereas the Patriots system is already in place. So, given the team's general success in the past years, that would be pretty much the opposite of being a front runner.
  3. If you're fool enough to follow a team no matter what, you're not a fan. You're just a brainless drone.

If you were trying to go full ******, you pretty much nailed it.
You’re squirming an awful lot to avoid admitting the simple truth that you’re rooting for the QB before you’re rooting for the team. This take on a complete reboot, as you put it, is humorous as well. Let me get this straight, you don’t think that the GOAT could automatically come to a team like the Chargers and immediately turn them around? Who do you think would be worse off if Brady left in the immediate year - the Pats or his hypothetical team? If you’re answering his team, you’re being intellectually dishonest and if you answer the Pats, then you’re admitting to front runner tendencies. So which one is it? And buddy, if you want to go the insult route, we can do that dance as well.

Lol I was on your side. I hate when people claim that they're a better fan because they have been watching since Grogan while you have been watching since Bledsoe. Being a fan longer doesn't necessarily make you a better fan.
Gotcha. My apologies then.

Anybody that started watching this team during the BB/Brady era has no business questioning another fan on here that has been following the team prior to that and whether they want to give up that card.
As much as I want to agree with you as I was a fan during the Carter Administration, a loyal fan should feel empowered to challenge us old farts.

We know a lot, but not everything.

You’re squirming an awful lot to avoid admitting the simple truth that you’re rooting for the QB before you’re rooting for the team...

I'm not squirming at all. You're one of my favorite posters here, but your position on this is as stupid as the day is long. Frankly, I'm hoping it's because it's New Year's Eve and you're off to an early start, because nothing else really explains the idiocy of your posts on this topic.

So we're done here, as I'm not going to get further into this with you in your currently drunk/high/insane condition. I look forward to more discussions with you in the new year.

I'm not squirming at all. You're one of my favorite posters here, but your position on this is as stupid as the day is long. Frankly, I'm hoping it's because it's New Year's Eve and you're off to an early start, because nothing else really explains the idiocy of your posts on this topic.

So we're done here, as I'm not going to get further into this with you in your currently drunk/high/insane condition. I look forward to more discussions with you in the new year.
It’s not stupid at all. You’re just trying to dismiss it as so. Likewise I think you’re just pissed off over... whatever, and decided to try and pick a fight. If you’re a fan of the QB before the team, there’s nothing wrong with that. To each his own. It’s your life. But let’s call a spade a spade here. That’s front running phony crap. You know damn well the team won’t be better off without the guy. If you’re jumping ship should he go to another team, you’re going the easy route. That’s the definition of being a front runner. Anyway, if you want to take the last word on it, feel free. I’m heading out for the night. Have a happy and safe New Year.

It’s not stupid at all. You’re just trying to dismiss it as so. Likewise I think you’re just pissed off over... whatever, and decided to try and pick a fight. If you’re a fan of the QB before the team, there’s nothing wrong with that. To each his own. It’s your life. But let’s call a spade a spade here. That’s front running phony crap. You know damn well the team won’t be better off without the guy. If you’re jumping ship should he go to another team, you’re going the easy route. That’s the definition of being a front runner. Anyway, if you want to take the last word on it, feel free. I’m heading out for the night. Have a happy and safe New Year.
Let him. He's a loser anyway.

He may have had a few but you are absolutely a name on the back guy. Always will be.

What is up with the proliferation of these threads lately? Brady will retire as a patriot when he is ready to retire.

What is up with the proliferation of these threads lately? Brady will retire as a patriot when he is ready to retire.
The fan base is in transition (Patriot fans and Brady fans) and having difficulty coping with a potential Brady-less Patriots team in 2020.

He's interwoven into the fabric of many posters fandom and it's very difficult to imagine life without him.

It's akin to learning the family dog of 15 years needs to be put down.

I started watching this team in the Bledsoe era, and that’s just what I can remember. But thanks. You should go crawl back down into that ****hole (LA) from whence you came.
My comment wasn’t directed at you or else I would’ve quoted or mentioned you. I was a young teenager when I started watching them. Since you know I’m from LA, you could also do the math on when I probably started watching this team.

As much as I want to agree with you as I was a fan during the Carter Administration, a loyal fan should feel empowered to challenge us old farts.

We know a lot, but not everything.
The point is, they don’t know what’s it’s like to go through adversity when they’ve had winning seasons for 20 years. This run has been a complete fluke and the real test is when they are like just about every other team going on a roller coaster ride each season.

I can admit, I rarely have sat through a losing season.

The fan base is in transition (Patriot fans and Brady fans) and having difficulty coping with a potential Brady-less Patriots team in 2020.

He's interwoven into the fabric of many posters fandom and it's very difficult to imagine life without him.

The stages of grief will be difficult ... some may never get through all of them.

It'll take them years.
I want Brady to hoist #7 this year and then I want to see what Stidham has. The NFL is no place for 43 year-old men other than kickers.

Agreed. I have already moved past it somewhat, and am ready for what comes after. Pats fan for life regardless of what happens. I’m all for tanking for Trevor because I feel that is in this teams best interest. That is of course they fully believe Stidham is the answer.

I want Brady to hoist #7 this year and then I want to see what Stidham has. The NFL is no place for 43 year-old men other than kickers.
I'm 1/2 with you.

Have Tom close out #7 , see about a win-win for 2020 with Tom and have Stidham in the bullpen just in case.

Agreed. I have already moved past it somewhat, and am ready for what comes after. Pats fan for life regardless of what happens. I’m all for tanking for Trevor because I feel that is in this teams beat interest. That is of course they fully believe Stidham is the answer.
I'm close but not there yet.

I'm all for Brady in 2020 but with a kick ass contingency plan just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back