PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark thinks Dolphins will be better than Pats!?

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
While I think the Dolphins will have a slightly better year than last…..I don’t see them doing better than the Pats this year…#1 reason is that I don’t think Tua is an elite QB and I think their offense will still have struggles. Yes they have Hill but they don’t have a “Mahomes “throwing to himI also don’t think their coach is ready for the big time ….we shall see….. What do you all think!?

While I think the Dolphins will have a slightly better year than last…..I don’t see them doing better than the Pats this year…#1 reason is that I don’t think Tua is an elite QB and I think their offense will still have struggles. Yes they have Hill but they don’t have a “Mahomes “throwing to himI also don’t think their coach is ready for the big time ….we shall see….. What do you all think!?

I agree the Fish will be better this year than last. But like you,I have no faith in Tua. Hes just too limited as a passer.

I think they’ll be better, and if Tua struggles they’ll quickly move to Tedy Bridgewater, who while not being great, is steady. They do have talent though, especially at the skill positions. If their new coaching staff is good, they’ll be fighting us for a wild card spot.

When I saw the headline, I thought "hmm, maybe, maybe not". It never registered in my head that this might be worth getting mad about. It's a prediction that really could go either way, considering both teams had similar records in 2021.

New unqualified coach, WR's who will be neutralized by their own QB, and no running game will be their downfall.

1. Bills
2. Pats
3. Dolphins
4. Jets

I hope not since MIA swept us last season (w/ Tua & w/o Hill, Wilson, Armsread).

That's OK - Marcus Spears said earlier this week the Patriots were going to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

This was from the thing I posted this morning:

ESPN’s Marcus Spears recently appeared on FirstTake and he believes that the Patriots are on the verge of being at the bottom of the AFC East, largely, he claims, due to a lack of talent.

“Yes, they are,” said Spears earlier this week. “They’re in danger because of one, the other three teams are becoming more talented. That’s number one and it starts there. Because people forget, that Bill Belichick, taking nothing away from him, great coach, great guy, put guys in position to have success. Bill Belichick had a bunch of Hall of Famers throughout his tenure with the New England Patriots, saw a bunch of elite All Pro, Pro Bowl level players. We get caught up in Tom Brady, but we forget the dominant defenses that he had, personnel-wise. I’m talking about that.”

“I’m not here to say that Bill Belichick is not the greatest coach in the NFL history…very well may be. Some people dispute that, I don’t. I think the championships and what he was able to do by putting those pieces in order to have success makes him the greatest coach in the NFL. But when you start … see, we’ve got to stop thinking like history gotta stop reverberating. This is not the same New England Patriots team. This is not the same team.”

“They have a second-year quarterback. They’re trying to figure out outside who their weapons would be so they can be an explosive offense and more importantly, they don’t know who the hell their offensive coordinator is going to be.”

“Now I get it, we can throw and dump on the Jets. The Jets had done phenomenal things from a personnel standpoint. Do they have to put it together? Absolutely. Miami, talent, more talented. They have a more talented roster than the New England Patriots right now. And we don’t even need to talk about the Buffalo Bills. So, are they in danger of being the last place team? Yes, because of talent on these rosters.”

“But, I have pause like everyone else because Bill Belichick is the head coach. But coaches can’t overcome if you don’t have the talent to execute the plan that you put in place and that is my concern with the New England Patriots going into this particular season. That doesn’t mean it will be that way going forward, but if I told Stephen A. Joe Judge and Matt Patricia may be your playcallers, you would tell me that don’t set up well for your team to play good football.”

Smith immediately stopped him.

“Something is wrong with you, bro,” replied Smith.

Smith believes that the Jets won’t be an issue, primarily due to a lot of the issues that happened under first-year coach Robert Saleh.

Saleh, who was a defensive guru in San Francisco, saw his club finish among the worst in the NFL defensively in 2021 in various categories. They were 32nd in the NFL in average yards per game allowed with 397.6. They were 30th in the NFL in average passing yards allowed with 259.4.

The Jets were also 29th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 138.3. They were also last in the league in points per game given up with 29.6.

That’s not a recipe for success, and Smith doubts they’ll overcome all of those issues to finish ahead of New England in 2022.

“He got the job with New York Jets,” said Smith. “They ranked dead last in points allowed. Dead last in yards allowed. Bottom three against the pass, and the damn rush. And defense is your signature?”

“I know it was his rookie year, but d%#*!@t, I mean, come on now.”

0 fer 2 last season. Show me week 1 they can beat this team. Please!

Don't alot of mediots feel that way? there was even a clip a while back where he said its quite possible the Jets finish ahead of us too.

I'm totally fine with everyone thinking the Patriots will suck, Last year too early on him and Rex Ryan were laughing at the idea of us making the playoffs and calling Mac a noodle arm.

Maybe they will? Maybe they won’t? These are just predictions from talking heads making headlines. Life’s too short to get worked up with useless drivel. True fans know, it’s what happens in the games that matter.

Its possible.

Tua and Mac are in prove it seasons. The Dolphins and Pats will only go as far as these 2 QBs can take them. Presently, Tua is in the holding pattern that Mac will be in if he does not prove that he is the guy.

The Dolphins improved their roster. The Pats lost some key players and coaches. It doesn’t take a genius to come to the conclusion that the Dolphins COULD be better than the Pats. The on the field performances by these teams is yet to be determined. On paper, the Dolphins have a more talented roster, but as we’ve seen in the past, the game is played on the field, and some teams are paper tigers.

I’m excited for the Pats to prove people wrong.

Good for Ryan Clark.
FWIW, I think the Dolphins are in perpetual tank mode and our takes are equally unimportant.

That's OK - Marcus Spears said earlier this week the Patriots were going to finish at the bottom of the AFC East.

This was from the thing I posted this morning:

ESPN’s Marcus Spears recently appeared on FirstTake and he believes that the Patriots are on the verge of being at the bottom of the AFC East, largely, he claims, due to a lack of talent.

“Yes, they are,” said Spears earlier this week. “They’re in danger because of one, the other three teams are becoming more talented. That’s number one and it starts there. Because people forget, that Bill Belichick, taking nothing away from him, great coach, great guy, put guys in position to have success. Bill Belichick had a bunch of Hall of Famers throughout his tenure with the New England Patriots, saw a bunch of elite All Pro, Pro Bowl level players. We get caught up in Tom Brady, but we forget the dominant defenses that he had, personnel-wise. I’m talking about that.”

“I’m not here to say that Bill Belichick is not the greatest coach in the NFL history…very well may be. Some people dispute that, I don’t. I think the championships and what he was able to do by putting those pieces in order to have success makes him the greatest coach in the NFL. But when you start … see, we’ve got to stop thinking like history gotta stop reverberating. This is not the same New England Patriots team. This is not the same team.”

“They have a second-year quarterback. They’re trying to figure out outside who their weapons would be so they can be an explosive offense and more importantly, they don’t know who the hell their offensive coordinator is going to be.”

“Now I get it, we can throw and dump on the Jets. The Jets had done phenomenal things from a personnel standpoint. Do they have to put it together? Absolutely. Miami, talent, more talented. They have a more talented roster than the New England Patriots right now. And we don’t even need to talk about the Buffalo Bills. So, are they in danger of being the last place team? Yes, because of talent on these rosters.”

“But, I have pause like everyone else because Bill Belichick is the head coach. But coaches can’t overcome if you don’t have the talent to execute the plan that you put in place and that is my concern with the New England Patriots going into this particular season. That doesn’t mean it will be that way going forward, but if I told Stephen A. Joe Judge and Matt Patricia may be your playcallers, you would tell me that don’t set up well for your team to play good football.”

Smith immediately stopped him.

“Something is wrong with you, bro,” replied Smith.

Smith believes that the Jets won’t be an issue, primarily due to a lot of the issues that happened under first-year coach Robert Saleh.

Saleh, who was a defensive guru in San Francisco, saw his club finish among the worst in the NFL defensively in 2021 in various categories. They were 32nd in the NFL in average yards per game allowed with 397.6. They were 30th in the NFL in average passing yards allowed with 259.4.

The Jets were also 29th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 138.3. They were also last in the league in points per game given up with 29.6.

That’s not a recipe for success, and Smith doubts they’ll overcome all of those issues to finish ahead of New England in 2022.

“He got the job with New York Jets,” said Smith. “They ranked dead last in points allowed. Dead last in yards allowed. Bottom three against the pass, and the damn rush. And defense is your signature?”

“I know it was his rookie year, but d%#*!@t, I mean, come on now.”
I read that yesterday, just shook my head.
I hope they keep sleeping on this team, I personally don't think they will be a pushover like most Mediots.

We are faster and younger at linebacker we are stacked at safety I am imagining all the formations BB has cooked up.
We got younger and more athletic at DB we lost the int magnet which is Jackson but he was always torched by true number 1s.
We added Devante Parker when healthy has the talent and upside to be a top 10 wr stats don’t lie.
Plus we may of drafted a freak in Thornton and Marcus Jones.
Added a home run threat in Pierre Strong in the ground game and drafted a monster at G.
We have McMillan coming back after set to be the top inside backer last season.
And are returning Mcgrone basically a top draft pick with a year of football taught by Bill.

Where I see holes is the D line we don’t have that guy to cause havoc on the End Barmore is a monster I’m happy there.
So I see the holes at D end and unproven talent at defensive back.

People tripping about no OC, if that means BB is more involved that is only a great thing for us.
Can’t wait to see what BB cooks up and ready for Mac Jones to look like hate to say it Peyton Manning this year.

Its possible.

Tua and Mac are in prove it seasons. The Dolphins and Pats will only go as far as these 2 QBs can take them. Presently, Tua is in the holding pattern that Mac will be in if he does not prove that he is the guy.
Mac had some tough games but the defense was absolutely trash vs. decent teams....to me that is the difference. The Bills haven't punted against the Patriots in 10 quarters...Mac will be fine.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back