PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Some Patriots Players Have Doubts About Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny. You think the rebuild was one year and spending money like the Jetes and Bengals do in FA will fix everything. Lol

Newsflash - the Pats are not contending for SBs for a long time. We could have kept contending with the Goat while he groomed our successor like he is doing with Trask down in Tampa. Instead we have broken Cam for a second straight year. Yeah, I would definitely call that a disaster.

What's funny or should I say tragic is Bill is the one that is always supposed to be a step ahead. Chess/checkers, right? Yet when Brady would not accept his crap offer again to play for peanuts after delivering the 6th ring, Bills answer was to scrape broken Cam off the scrap heap not once but twice!

Every other org going back to the 90s that had a HoF, first ballot Qb had the next guy ready - the Niners had Young, Colts had Luck and the Packers had Rodgers. Bill has the unique distinction of moving off the greatest Qb in the history of the NFL to go with .... Broken Cam Newton.

Yes that's the very definition of a disaster and what clown GMs do.

With "broken" fans like you, who needs enemies? Newsflash: having given up on the Pats' foreseeable future, you're better off finding another team to root for.

Last edited:
Pats were still not likely a contender in 2020 with Brady but this year with the new additions on offense and defense? I think they would go all the way. We know the Bucs wouldn't be in their way.

As it played out, the 2021 Pats MAY (at best) be a playoff team with the clock ticking on Bill while the Brady led Bucs have as good a chance as any defending champ to repeat.

I don’t know - sports fans seem to be too dogmatic in their thinking. I don’t think this year is written in stone. We’re in that class of team that if everything goes perfectly for us, we could be in the thick of things at the top of the AFC. If everything goes wrong, we could be picking well within the first ten picks of the draft. This is life in the pack. We’ve been insulated from having to view it this way for a long time. For me, it’s just going to be time to sit back and enjoy the games, and hope that my fears about the team’s shortcomings turn out to be unfounded.

With "broken" fans like you, who needs enemies? Newsflash: having given up on the Pats' foreseeable future, you're better off finding another team to root for.

Based upon his activity in the Tompa Gronka thread, he already has.

That's funny. You think the rebuild was one year and spending money like the Jetes and Bengals do in FA will fix everything. Lol

Newsflash - the Pats are not contending for SBs for a long time. We could have kept contending with the Goat while he groomed our successor like he is doing with Trask down in Tampa. Instead we have broken Cam for a second straight year. Yeah, I would definitely call that a disaster.

What's funny or should I say tragic is Bill is the one that is always supposed to be a step ahead. Chess/checkers, right? Yet when Brady would not accept his crap offer again to play for peanuts after delivering the 6th ring, Bills answer was to scrape broken Cam off the scrap heap not once but twice!

Every other org going back to the 90s that had a HoF, first ballot Qb had the next guy ready - the Niners had Young, Colts had Luck and the Packers had Rodgers. Bill has the unique distinction of moving off the greatest Qb in the history of the NFL to go with .... Broken Cam Newton.

You actually think that the Pats would have contended with Brady last year, with even less cap space to work with. Lol.

You’re giving the Colts props for having the “foresight” replace Manning with Luck? Lol. Starting a season 0-13 and ending up with the worst record in the league will open up a lot of draft doors.

Every other org going back to the 90s? Really? Do you actually believe the bullsh*t that you type? Miami replaced Marino with Jay Fiedler. Denver replaced Elway with Brian Griese. The Bills replaced Kelly with Todd Collins.

1628687302622.gif

So emotional, but it’s understandable. Brady leaving is like a family member moving away. But ultimately it’s what was best.
We didn’t spend like the jets or bengals (nice try) we spend like the patriots. We just happened to have many openings and a lot of resources all in one year. Thank god because there were several upgrades that were absolutely necessary.
I see you gave given up on the patriots, but you should have hope, they have added loads of talent and it looks like they found their next qb.
Interesting that you cite the examples of Montana, Manning and Favre who were dumped by their teams in your support of keeping an aging qb. I guess you wanted to trade Brady when Jimmy g was here? I disagree with that. I felt we needed to let the whole run play out which we really did.
You also neglected to mention aikman, Kelly, Marino, Bradshaw, fouts as qbs who finished their career with one team and that team sucked afterward.

As far as Brady mentoring Trask being a great plan, why didn’t it work with any of the other mid level qbs Brady mentored while here?

I am very confident that in the second half of 2021 this team will be much better than it was in the second half of 2019.

So emotional, but it’s understandable. Brady leaving is like a family member moving away. But ultimately it’s what was best.
We didn’t spend like the jets or bengals (nice try) we spend like the patriots. We just happened to have many openings and a lot of resources all in one year. Thank god because there were several upgrades that were absolutely necessary.
I see you gave given up on the patriots, but you should have hope, they have added loads of talent and it looks like they found their next qb.
Interesting that you cite the examples of Montana, Manning and Favre who were dumped by their teams in your support of keeping an aging qb. I guess you wanted to trade Brady when Jimmy g was here? I disagree with that. I felt we needed to let the whole run play out which we really did.
You also neglected to mention aikman, Kelly, Marino, Bradshaw, fouts as qbs who finished their career with one team and that team sucked afterward.

As far as Brady mentoring Trask being a great plan, why didn’t it work with any of the other mid level qbs Brady mentored while here?

I am very confident that in the second half of 2021 this team will be much better than it was in the second half of 2019. Are you aware that the patriots scored exactly the same ppg in 2020 as they did in the last 8 games of 2019?

Pats were still not likely a contender in 2020 with Brady but this year with the new additions on offense and defense? I think they would go all the way. We know the Bucs wouldn't be in their way.

As it played out, the 2021 Pats MAY (at best) be a playoff team with the clock ticking on Bill while the Brady led Bucs have as good a chance as any defending champ to repeat.
They couldn’t have the additions if they kept Brady.

Just being honest man. Listen all you add to most conversations is Tom is great, Bill is dumb. We get it, he is gone, grow up, move on, go back to the Tompa threads.

Naaahhhh…it’s you who argue that Bill is dumb by making intelligence insulting claims to rationalize his recent decisions. I’m keenly aware that Bill isn’t dumb and is virtually incapable of making poor decisions due to a lack of reasoning ability or due to lack of planning. Bill’s organization has become dysfunctional and abandoned many of the principles that led to its unprecedented success. The 7-9 record is irrelevant; it’s the reversed value seeking.

See, I respect the man’s intelligence too much to accept idiotic narratives like one of the most innovative GMs of all-time couldn’t solve a simple salary cap situation, doesn’t know the value of a the QB position, benched Butler because of Xs and Os or some trivial reason, etc. Whereas you‘re glad to score a pyrrhic victory by making him seem like the most ignorant ass on the planet provided the criticism stops immediately.

But please, continue to add your really valuable insight like: GuYs i PrEdIcT BiLl WiLL ChooSe tHe Qb WhO iS BeSt fOr ThE tEaM. It’s always important to have like 800 lemming posters who add zero value to discussions.

They couldn’t have the additions if they kept Brady.

It sounds like they were running a stubborn, intransigent salary cap version of Big Nickel.

Im sorry you don’t understand the sport and the cap.
If you weren’t so belligerent and annoying I would teach you.

Would that be like the legendary economic lesson you gave on widgets and automation?

What do you think the NEPs record will be this year?

You don't have faith Mac might be a Top 10 QB soon?
This year with Cam? 6 or 7 wins tops.

I truly hope Mac is a top 10 QB at any point as that is what it will take for us to truly contend again but you know as well as I do how long those odds are. He was taken 5th of the top 5 QBs. I like some of his attributes for sure but who knows if he will pan out and also stay healthy.

What I truly don't understand is why Bill let the QB position go to complete crap after we traded Jimmy knowing he was not extending Brady past age 42. IMO he had to do one or the other and he did either which is why we are in our current state praying Mac turns into something decent.

Would that be like the legendary economic lesson you gave on widgets and automation?
Probably in that you wouldn’t be able to understand this one either.

I truly hope Mac is a top 10 QB at any point as that is what it will take for us to truly contend again but you know as well as I do how long those odds are. He was taken 5th of the top 5 QBs. I like some of his attributes for sure but who knows if he will pan out and also stay healthy.

What I truly don't understand is why Bill let the QB position go to complete crap after we traded Jimmy knowing he was not extending Brady past age 42. IMO he had to do one or the other and he did either which is why we are in our current state praying Mac turns into something decent.
You think that
A) the 2021 roster is worse than 2020?
That adding agholor, Bourne, brown, Henry, smith, Hightower, van noy, godchaux, Anderson, judon, mills, etc makes the team worse than it was last year???
B) after investing heavily in rebuilding his roster belichick will sit back and watch newton screw it up and go 6-11 or 7-10 and not put his #1 draft choice on the field?

I assume it is your belief that belichick will try to lose?

What did you want him to do? Use a first round pick on a qb like Green Bay did instead of trying to maximize the talent surrounding Brady for as long as it lasts?
You would have lost your mind. How do you think Brady would have reacted.

Naaahhhh…it’s you who argue that Bill is dumb by making intelligence insulting claims to rationalize his recent decisions. I’m keenly aware that Bill isn’t dumb and is virtually incapable of making poor decisions due to a lack of reasoning ability or due to lack of planning. Bill’s organization has become dysfunctional and abandoned many of the principles that led to its unprecedented success. The 7-9 record is irrelevant; it’s the reversed value seeking.

See, I respect the man’s intelligence too much to accept idiotic narratives like one of the most innovative GMs of all-time couldn’t solve a simple salary cap situation, doesn’t know the value of a the QB position, benched Butler because of Xs and Os or some trivial reason, etc. Whereas you‘re glad to score a pyrrhic victory by making him seem like the most ignorant ass on the planet provided the criticism stops immediately.

But please, continue to add your really valuable insight like: GuYs i PrEdIcT BiLl WiLL ChooSe tHe Qb WhO iS BeSt fOr ThE tEaM. It’s always important to have like 800 lemming posters who add zero value to discussions.
Just to be clear, you are saying you are better equipped to make football decisions than bill belichick?

Fair enough.

As a Patriots fan, knowing the two couldn't work together any longer, which of the two do think deserved to stay and which do you think deserved to go? Brady was a free agent and Bill was not? That's a cop-out. Another coach/GM could have been brought in long before that, or after the 2020 season, with an aggressive pro-Brady stance. Kraft could have assured Brady he would axe Bill as part of his pitch. It happens all the time in sports. All the time. People mistakenly believe that it is truly, literally, Bill Belichick's football team, in the sense that he's the owner and all things New England Patriots, and acting in any way against Belichick means acting against the Patriots.

That's fine if you believe the relationship between Tom and Bill ran its course. I don't disagree. We can point to other factors and who got paid and who didn't, but by the time FA came around the decision had been cast in stone due to irreconcilable differences. I'd just prefer if people would stick with that rather than coming up with nonsensical arguments about the salary cap, rebuilding etc. as though re-signing Brady was an impossible task. That stuff is so weak and desperate. It's such a pathetic argument that even AndyJohnson has adopted it due to its Dunning-Kruger appeal. BTW, congrats on that new addition, Team Bill :rofl:

Your ability to be the dumbest person on patsfans is uncanny. It's a true gift.

After reading this, Kontradiction is sitting in a corner, drooling on himself and wondering how he could get to be this stupid.

you pink hats will be gone soon

I don't think Cam will be allowed to suck like he did last year and he knows it. I think the Pats defense will be decent (they weren't last year) but I don't see a playoff spot happening yet. My expectations are a lot higher in 2022.

Last edited:
What did you want him to do? Use a first round pick on a qb like Green Bay did instead of trying to maximize the talent surrounding Brady for as long as it lasts?
You would have lost your mind. How do you think Brady would have reacted.
Yes, Yes. Brady was 40 when Jimmy was traded. The Bucs just used a second round pick on Trask and Brady was fine. There was never an issue with the drafting of Jimmy as Brady responded with some of the best football of his life. It was always Bill refusing to trade him in March after Brady just won the 28-3 SB. For some ungodly reason, after that SB performance and unbelievable year by Brady (one of his finest seasons coming off suspension to boot), Bill STILL wanted to keep Jimmy. That was the rift. Brady would have been fine if Bill drafted another QB after Jimmy and in reality as GM, it was Bill's job to find the next QB once he traded Jimmy. He sat on his hands for 3 years and then was surprised in year 4 when Brady finally said good-by after another crap offer to stay year to year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down