PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Revis "to hit the market?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stay off of Twitter just hoping to see good news. Yesterday I thought for sure he would be back now as every hour passes I'm getting less and less confident on his return. I really hope I'm wrong.

Letting him go affects the team negatively more than overpaying for him.

For all the posturing and arguing, when you come right down to it, this is TRUTH.

Exactly if we are paying him 14.5 who cares if the jets are giving you 20 million. Your still the highest paid and have a chance to win every year that you are on this team.
Hmm

Let's see.

You have 3-5 years of working life left. Someone offers you a 38% raise and guaranteed money for the next three years.

And you think that it is a no-brainer to refuse the money.

That may work for you. it may not work for Revis. BTW, if he were willing to accept $14.5M he probably would have signed by now.

I know NE wasn't lights out on D all the time. But I still feel the D was better in 2014 than it had been in quite some time. The fright I had at times in recent years when our D was on the field wasn't there nearly as much this past season.

Let's get Revis. I know we do not want to overpay - but who can say that Revis going to NY is any good for us ? That team mortgaging cap space........ they are not the ones I am worried about. Revis leaving makes NE significantly less imposing on D. Let's keep Revis.

PREDICTION
If Revis is a free agent at 4PM tomorrow, there will be several teams calling his agent. Revis will consider more teams than the jets and the patriots. It is only Bostonians who think that there are only two cities in the world, and two teams in each professional sport.

There ARE other teams, really there are.

That works for me because I would rather win and have a chance to win every year. The way I've been all my life with every sport I have ever played. If your not winning nobody cares about you no matter what ur making. So in my mind and feeling on life yes I'd be fine with 14 million.

PREDICTION
If Revis is a free agent at 4PM tomorrow, there will be several teams calling his agent. Revis will consider more teams than the jets and the patriots. It is only Bostonians who think that there are only two cities in the world, and two teams in each professional sport.

If he is a free agent at 4 tomorrow I have a very hard time seeing him coming back.

That works for me because I would rather win and have a chance to win every year. The way I've been all my life with every sport I have ever played. If your winning nobody cares about you no matter what ur making. So in my mind and feeling on life yes I'd be fine with 14 million.

With respect, many, many NFL players take that approach and are broke 10 years after they leave the game. There are many NFL and team programs to help players who think that the money doesn't matter.
And yes, the owners and coaches love having players for whom money doesn't matter.

PREDICTION

maybe, but many are going on what they have seen:
Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports Darrelle Revis is "down to the Patriots or Jets."

I'm not saying money doesn't matter cmon were talking about between probably 14-18 million here not chump change

If he is a free agent at 4 tomorrow I have a very hard time seeing him coming back.

I agree. I think that Belichick is continuing to try to convince Revis to take a deal for less than what other teams will offer. If Revis is a free agent, it is likely because he wants the money if it truly there. What we don't know is whether a competitive team is willing to offer much more than the patriots, and we don't know whether Revis is willing to play for a non-competitive team like the jets.

maybe, but many are going on what they have seen:
Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports Darrelle Revis is "down to the Patriots or Jets."

Many said that a month ago.

How many lost valuable work time following this saga today?

I thought a deal would've been made by now COME ON REVIS

Good chance once 4 comes around the raiders get involved and I'm sure many others. Was really thinking if he signing it was gonna be tonight.

How many lost valuable work time following this saga today?
And how much time will be lost tomorrow as well..because you know this is going down to wire if it happens at all

I agree. It was really great to make the plays at the end to keep SEA out of the end zone. However, those two plays hardly make our defense unbeatable or even great.

No but pretty much how they turned it on in the 2nd half of games during the last 3 months of the season allowing what was it? Only 4 TDs? Made it great.

So... How much money do you think Antonio Cromartie will cost?

Good chance once 4 comes around the raiders get involved and I'm sure many others. Was really thinking if he signing it was gonna be tonight.

Like reported a ton of times...it's between pats and jets

Hmm

Let's see.

You have 3-5 years of working life left. Someone offers you a 38% raise and guaranteed money for the next three years.

And you think that it is a no-brainer to refuse the money.

That may work for you. it may not work for Revis. BTW, if he were willing to accept $14.5M he probably would have signed by now.

Yes. A deal would have been agreed upon by now if $14.5M was the offer. He is look looking for more...and their is nothing wrong with that. It's such a short career for an NFL player. I think back to another Patriots player named Darryl.

PREDICTION

?????

LA Lakers
Montreal Canadiens
NY Yankees
Miami Dolphins
Boston
Foxboro

So... 6 cities, minimum ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes