PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Revis "to hit the market?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the Pats getting close to market for that guaranteed number given Revis's age.
For next year I hope I am wrong - but I have doubts he could stay at this level for three years

Revis is a freak..if he is healthy..he can most certainly stay at this level

he is about to get over paid by the Jets lol

I'm sure BillB has a $$/yr number on Revis. I doubt he will surpass that value. He has not in the past. Revis is no different.

You cannot break the bank on Revis and impact the TEAM as a whole.

We will know in 24hrs, time. :oops:

If he does leave to go to the Rats, good luck to him. I hardly respect such a decision and it does kind of alter how I feel about him. But I'd also be unsurprised because we always knew that he'd want a boat load of money.

So if he goes that's too bad but I still appreciate his contributions to our championship. One thing that is driving me nuts is the belief that we cannot win it all without Revis. I definitely think it's possible, albeit even harder than it already is.

I don't post a lot on here I usually just read everyone's opinion. But in my eyes right now if he chooses the jets over us then my outlook on him drastically changes. To me then his main goal is getting paid and not winning. And as much as I hate to say it losing him changes the whole secondary. Browner is not very good Idc what anyone says the guy had his moments but for the most part he was burned and if he wasn't he was being penalized. McCourty is a good safety but revis made him a lot better as well. We need revis or we go back to needing 35+ points a game to win and that isn't fun

Remember, everyone: In Bill We Trust.

If Revis leaves, Bill will make it work. You never know what kind of genius sh*t he can pull off. He could pull off some totally unexpected trade for a CB or something... Last year when Denver signed Talib we were depressed until we landed Revis. Keep the faith!!

If the Jets want to overpay for Revis, let them. He's a great player but he sure as hell ain't winning them a Championship.

That team has so many holes that blowing QB money on a CB is pure lunacy...so would be a typical Jets move really.

Saying that though, unless they are offering him $20m a year, he probably stays in New England for $14m or so.

Why on earth would we invest draft capital n trading for some random CB when we have the best one in the league right here? It would be gross mismanagement.

Agree victor the only guy that really helps us is Mr Revis. He the best so why downgrade.

Why on earth would we invest draft capital n trading for some random CB when we have the best one in the league right here? It would be gross mismanagement
It's his choice unless you want to pick up the $20M option. We don't have the best one if he chooses to leave ; this isn't our choice to make.

Our defense this year wasn't lights out. Certainly Revis helped, but no way do you break the bank for him. The reason the Pats won the SB was because the offense was finally healthy and was able to score points in the forth quarter of the SB. Let's face it 8 out of 10 times the Seahawks get the ball in the endzone at the end of the game but without outstanding perfromance by the offense it's never close. I'll admit the defense shut them down three times in the 4th but the fact remains the offense was IMHO the bigger factor.

It sucks that the success of our defense truly sits on revis. Without him we have legit corner and with the lack of pass rush. Could be a long year on defense. Hopefully he stays. If he does Idc who else we sign the rest is gravy.

$14.5 makes him the highest paid CB, right?

I'm sure BillB has a $$/yr number on Revis. I doubt he will surpass that value. He has not in the past. Revis is no different.

You cannot break the bank on Revis and impact the TEAM as a whole.

We will know in 24hrs, time. :oops:
Letting him go affects the team negatively more than overpaying for him.

Exactly if we are paying him 14.5 who cares if the jets are giving you 20 million. Your still the highest paid and have a chance to win every year that you are on this team.

I know NE wasn't lights out on D all the time. But I still feel the D was better in 2014 than it had been in quite some time. The fright I had at times in recent years when our D was on the field wasn't there nearly as much this past season.

Let's get Revis. I know we do not want to overpay - but who can say that Revis going to NY is any good for us ? That team mortgaging cap space........ they are not the ones I am worried about. Revis leaving makes NE significantly less imposing on D. Let's keep Revis.

Our defense this year wasn't lights out. Certainly Revis helped, but no way do you break the bank for him. The reason the Pats won the SB was because the offense was finally healthy and was able to score points in the forth quarter of the SB. Let's face it 8 out of 10 times the Seahawks get the ball in the endzone at the end of the game but without outstanding perfromance by the offense it's never close. I'll admit the defense shut them down three times in the 4th but the fact remains the offense was IMHO the bigger factor.

I agree. It was really great to make the plays at the end to keep SEA out of the end zone. However, those two plays hardly make our defense unbeatable or even great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes