PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Brady not expected to be a regular participant in offseason program

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL Rumors: Tom Brady Leading ‘Pushback’ Against Bill Belichick’s Culture

If brady fuC*s things up now we just sent Jimmy G on his way, I for one will be pissed at him. This may be a load of rubbish but i can imagine tom doing this after plotting with Guerro (sp) and gronk. He had better not let his own ego mess up our next decade of Patriots support. The team success is more important than toms own happiness for us fans. Tom being "happy" is not my concern pal.
Take a step back and see what brady has done over 18 yrs and try and think if he is this kinda 'me' person .
Players are people too...dont trash someone jsut because you read oneside of the story .

Man. i used to like schefter and curran. What the **** happened to them in the last year or so?

Deep cleansing breaths...

rbAq1_s-200x150.gif

I was going to say come in off the ledge and close the window but after some consideration I am thinking maybe just one of the people climbing out on the ledge over this bullsh!t needs to jump, just as a wakeup call to the others. Hell, at this point I'm just about ready to push one and (nothing personal) since you are already out there...

Man. i used to like schefter and curran. What the **** happened to them in the last year or so?

Rappaport & felgah, respectively.

While I don't think for a second Brady isn't playing both this year and next year I do think a lot of this unrest is on BB.

Sitting Butler and potentially costing this team the super bowl (I honestly think if he plays they would have won) has caused a lot of discontentment. The other players on the team really liked Butler so they were pissed he was forced to sit out. Also if they put in all that hard work to get to that point only to have BB screw around doing some dumb crap at the end to blow it then that absolutely kills team moral.

Add me to that list...if that's what lead to Brady's gripe I honestly can't blame Him -Gronk or Amemdola for speaking out.

If we break everything down (and by everything, I mean all the public reporting, which is what we have to go on, so I acknowledge that every one of us may be debating "fake news"), Brady was looking forward to playing until he was 45+ until BB went too far with his hardass approach and then had it backfire spectacularly in the Super Bowl. If that's what this is all about, it should be an easy fix, though things will never be what they once were.

We may be watching the fall of the greatest dynasty in the modern NFL era happening because the coach chose to alienate the greatest quarterback of all time by making decisions which anyone looking in from outside could see were bad, or at least suspect, ideas.
  1. Humiliating Gronk and belittling Brady's TB12 method because Gronk's recovery from yet another back surgery was taking some time
  2. Praising JAG every time he got a chance, while minimizing what Brady was doing
  3. Screwing the pooch in the Super Bowl by benching the guy who'd been playing 98% of the snaps
And it's possible that this could all have been avoided if BB had just

1. Traded JAG in the offseason, when it made sense and would have brought in a better draft haul
  2. Found a better way to resolve the TB12 issue and kept his mouth shut about Gronk's recovery
  3. Either done things with Butler differently or at least done a better job of justifying the move
Three common sense actions, and we're probably not dealing with any of this ****.
Kraft may have a hand in it as well. There was an NESN report today that Kraft directed the team to revoke Guerrero’s access.

There are always options at QB. They’re not going to be as good as Brady, but they are options. Why not trade him now and use the picks to move up? Or trade him and stay put if your guy is available later. Why would you want a diva QB?

Kontra you want to be tarred feathered and hung up?? Even I wouldn't wish that on you.

Did the announcement of Brady’s passing camp with the receivers come out just now?

Everything in this article is nonsense. The speculation that he’s resigning this season is made up garbage. Like deflate gate and most everything else this mediots do, they try to connect dots where lines don’t exist. He’s in the Middle East for best buddies charity that the whole team has supported in the past. Don’t let these mediots make you become biased to Brady. Watch and see for yourself what happens. Schefter doesn’t no crap. He said there’s no chance JG would be trade, before that he said he would be traded for two first to the browns. None of which happened. He speculates and rumor monger with the best of them these days.

Everything in this article is nonsense. The speculation that he’s resigning this season is made up garbage. Like deflate gate and most everything else this mediots do, they try to connect dots where lines don’t exist. He’s in the Middle East for best buddies charity that the whole team has supported in the past. Don’t let these mediots make you become biased to Brady. Watch and see for yourself what happens. Schefter doesn’t no crap. He said there’s no chance JG would be trade, before that he said he would be traded for two first to the browns. None of which happened. He speculates and rumor monger with the best of them these days.

172.gif

(Yawn)

Brady could stay away from OTA's, skip the mini-camp, hold out of training camp, skip pre-season, and roll out of bed on September 3rd and drive over to practice.....and I'd be OK with it.

If anyone has earned that right, it is Mr.-Five-Superbowls.

“There are only two people that know what happened: Bill and Malcolm,” said Mayo. “I’ve had conversations with multiple guys on the team and no one knows."

Is this the biggest hurdle Belichick’s faced?

“I think so. Being able to rally the troops around this one common goal of getting to the Super Bowl while (players are thinking), ‘If we get there, how do we know you’re not going to pull this again?' that’s always going to be back of the player’s minds as well. For the most part, players don’t play for the coaches. You play for the guy -- corny as it sounds -- you play for the guys next to you. And those guys will find a common ground to rally around. This can be terrible for the franchise for the foreseeable future, or they can just plow through it.”

Curran: So what's the endgame in the Foxboro Cold War?

Kraft may have a hand in it as well. There was an NESN report today that Kraft directed the team to revoke Guerrero’s access.
That wouldn't surprise me. As I've said before, if I were Kraft I wouldn't want Guerrero's name associated to closely with my enterprise.

Yoko is in control.
Brady has been compromised
Victoria Beckham molded her man too.

If we break everything down (and by everything, I mean all the public reporting, which is what we have to go on, so I acknowledge that every one of us may be debating "fake news"), Brady was looking forward to playing until he was 45+ until BB went too far with his hardass approach and then had it backfire spectacularly in the Super Bowl. If that's what this is all about, it should be an easy fix, though things will never be what they once were.

We may be watching the fall of the greatest dynasty in the modern NFL era happening because the coach chose to alienate the greatest quarterback of all time by making decisions which anyone looking in from outside could see were bad, or at least suspect, ideas.
  1. Humiliating Gronk and belittling Brady's TB12 method because Gronk's recovery from yet another back surgery was taking some time
  2. Praising JAG every time he got a chance, while minimizing what Brady was doing
  3. Screwing the pooch in the Super Bowl by benching the guy who'd been playing 98% of the snaps
And it's possible that this could all have been avoided if BB had just

1. Traded JAG in the offseason, when it made sense and would have brought in a better draft haul
  2. Found a better way to resolve the TB12 issue and kept his mouth shut about Gronk's recovery
  3. Either done things with Butler differently or at least done a better job of justifying the move
Three common sense actions, and we're probably not dealing with any of this ****.
I have a couple of questions about some of what you posted, but it general I find the whole "is Brady coming back" saga both ludicrous and funny.

1. Brady has been a Patriot for 18 years has he EVER announced prior to the season that he was coming back to play that year. Then WHY has the fact he hasn't made that statement this year suddenly become newsworthy.

2. Secondly, for these stories to have ANY substance, then you have to believe that everything Brady has shown over the last 18 years has changed in the last 3 months. That his character has completely transformed. You want me to believe that he's gone from Tom Brady the coachable lover of football, to Tom Brady the diva who gets pissed when he doesn't get a t-shirt or is jealous of teammates who get compliments, and is prepared ready to lead a revolt against the staff he has so effusively complimented at every occasion for 18 years.

3. Why are confirmed reports that Brady and Edelman were working out together throwing the ball and running routes being completely ignored? And today Zolak reported that Brady is already making plans for his passing camp in Montana. AND that Gronk is going to be there! :eek:

4. Gronk was NOT "humiliated". He was called out for playing badly in front of the team. It's f*cking football, DI. That happens EVERY day during football season and on EVERY level, including the NFL. Personally, I find it hard to believe that in his 8th year Gronk would be "humiliated" when coached hard. I'm sure it wasn't the first time it happened. And if he WAS actually "humiliated" hurt by that process, then shame on him. Again that narrative would have you believe that Gronk's character has vastly changed in the course of one season. Another giant leap this entire narrative forces you believe.

5. A couple of thoughts on the Butler issue. Frankly, I would blame the loss of this game more on Brady's fumble in the last few minutes than whether Butler was on the field or not. You'd have to show me stats that would show how much yardage was made to throws to his replacements and why I would believe that he would have done better. Clearly, BB didn't think so, even in a game where the Eagle offense did so well.

Again this narrative would have you make a gigantic leap to believe that after a career of over 4 decades coaching in the NFL in which he has proved decade after decade that he has consistently put the best interests of the team ahead of any other factor; he suddenly became completely petty and kept Butler on the bench for his own selfish reasons.

Also, his lack of candor on this topic is completely consistent with all his previous relations with his players. Those will always be private interactions that he WON'T share with us or the mediots. (of course, that pisses them off)

I mean I'd LOVE to know the "inside story" behind the benching, but I also understand why it's none of my business. Besides any answer he might make on this topic will be interpreted as being self-serving and light even more fires about a player who is no longer here. Bill does NOT have to justify coaching decisions to US.

Bottom line - The Pats didn't lose the Superbowl because Malcolm Butler didn't play. I know it's an easy narrative to propagate, but inevitably just not true.

6. Does Gronk have an issue with the Pats. Yeah, I believe so, but in my opinion, it's more about the money than any so-called perceived slights and "humiliations"

7. Your comment that BB's praise of JG is a reason that pissed somehow pissed Brady off is ludicrous. Again you would have to believe that Brady has suddenly become a diva whoos, who wilts at any perceived slight. AND BTW, if Brady WAS irked at this perceived slight, then what a great move by BB. He juiced Brady's competitive fire into an MVP year. :rolleyes:

8. One thing that IS becoming clear is that Brady isn't going to get past the 2019 season, at least not as a Patriot. But, again it is ludicrous to think that he'd leave his other father figure high and dry after the team made the commitment to him by trading JG, even if that commitment is short term.

9. I was at the gym today and doing my stretches in front of all the TV's including ESPN and a lot of the local news channels. Without exception, the "Brady story" led every local sports segment and the "around the horn" show on ESPN. I wasn't plugged into the volume, so I could only guess the actual verbiage, but I'm pretty sure I got the gist of what was said.
In the end, this is a tempest in a teapot that I'm fine with. My inner Rodney Harrison just loves the narrative that it's somehow coming apart in NE....FINALLY. I will relish all the broken hearts it will leave among all the haters when the Pats will once again put up another 11-14 win season and another deep run in the playoffs. It is GOOD to be an underdog again. ;)

it's all baseless as well as relatively pointless

but I would like to see the question of whether it was Brady or BB as the primary reason for greatness of the pats be settled

brady's been kind of a douche ever since they traded jimmy
Or that's what the media wants you to think.

While we can question the severity of the divide there is nothing but a good bit of stuff from reliable sources indicating there absolutely are some fractures in the relationships on our team. It would be very, very easy for Brady and Co to squash this but they aren't. The only reasonable conclusion is that the reports, in the absence of reports to the contrary or direct rebuttal by the principles involved, are true.

Reporting news you don't want to hear doesn't mean something has happened to guys like Curran and Schefter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST