PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cuts around the league

So let me ask you this it's a simple question.. did Wilkerson make more impact or did Williams.. ? he was drafted in the 2nd round in 2019.

Williams had more of an impact than Wilkerson. Though his impact wasn't great.

Williams :
36 games
505 Snaps on defense
337 snaps on STs
8 PDs. 0 Ints. 44 tackles. 1 TD allowed.

Williams didn't live up to his potential. But he did more than Wilkerson. Saying otherwise is not being realistic.

I'd like to ask a question to a realistic poster like yourself.. I had just made mention Wilkerson in the limited times he played 2021, and here and there last season.. would you agree he's made more impact than Williams a CB drafted high in the 2nd round in 2019 did his entire time here?

HUH? A guy who played in 3 games had more impact than a guy who played in 36? Could you be any more ridiculous?

Would love for us the sign C Wilk back he got a raw deal in that Raider scrimmage he's better than that Jag Trot Nixon. :(

Even after being completely wrong, you stick to your lousy take. It has to take guts to deny defeat after being crushed. Are you of Russian decent?

This might be the quickest one of these general information threads like this has ever gone off the rails. And it was a bi***fest about JoeJuan Williams and K. Wilkerson…
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:
This might be the quickest one of these general information threads like this has ever gone off the rails. And it was a bi***fest about JoeJuan Williams and K. Wilkerson…
images

Just someone not liking the fact that people don't want a player who really didn't amount to anything back. Not to mention that he couldn't stick with the Colts.

I'd like to ask a question to a realistic poster like yourself.. I had just made mention Wilkerson in the limited times he played 2021, and here and there last season.. would you agree he's made more impact than Williams a CB drafted high in the 2nd round in 2019 did his entire time here?
I certainly disagree.

Wilkerson had meaningful reps in one game against a terrible team.

Williams was active and essentially was the equal of players like Bryant and Wade. Obviously, the team wanted better.

Even after being completely wrong, you stick to your lousy take. It has to take guts to deny defeat after being crushed. Are you of Russian decent?
Or taking lessons from a Russian puppet?

I certainly disagree.

Wilkerson had meaningful reps in one game against a terrible team.

Williams was active and essentially was the equal of players like Bryant and Wade. Obviously, the team wanted better.
I think you may have mistaken what i was trying to say. So I turn I'll have to say we agree to disagree respectfully.

Williams was a high draft pick in the 2nd round. Excellent at press man coverage in college. He was expected with his frame at 6"3 to be able to lock up WRs.. however that never came to be on the NFL level. I'd have to say as bad as he is at least Bryant saw the field he didn't, be Injury, or just not being able to make it up the depth chart.

Wilkerson was a practice squad player.. who by the end of Mac's rookie season was seeing snaps over N'Keal Harry he was even starting some games.

So again to clarify my statement I said Wilkerson SHOWED more In his very limited time of his ability, and what he could be as an NFL WR than anything joeuan Williams did during his time as a patriot playing CB. Please don't get me wrong I'm not here proclaiming Wilkerson to be moss by any means.

I think you may have mistaken what i was trying to say. So I turn I'll have to say we agree to disagree respectfully.

Wilkerson was a practice squad player.. who by the end of Mac's rookie season was seeing snaps over N'Keal Harry he was even starting some games.
WOW. Talk about revisionist history.

Wilkerson was a Game-Day Call-up from the Practice squad for the game against Jacksonville. The only reason Wilkerson saw snaps in the Jaguars game was because of injuries to Agholor and Harry and Meyers. To claim he was "seeing snaps and starting games over Harry" as if Wilkerson EARNED it is so disingenuous and completely unrealistic it's ridiculous.

1683124196431.png

This man-crush you have on Wilkerson has gone from funny to absurd.

Williams was a high draft pick in the 2nd round. Excellent at press man coverage in college. He was expected with his frame at 6"3 to be able to lock up WRs.. however that never came to be on the NFL level. I'd have to say as bad as he is at least Bryant saw the field he didn't, be Injury, or just not being able to make it up the depth chart.

So again to clarify my statement I said Wilkerson SHOWED more In his very limited time of his ability, and what he could be as an NFL WR than anything joeuan Williams did during his time as a patriot playing CB. Please don't get me wrong I'm not here proclaiming Wilkerson to be moss by any means.
fair enough

We can respectfully disagree.

I don't think that Wilkerson showed the possibility of being a NFL player.

Even NOW, I think that Williams has a better chance of being on a 53 man squad. We'll see in September.

His contract was up and the patriots and he was behind Bryant and Wade, recovering from an injury. He and team decided to move on. I can certainly see him as a 5th or 6th corner somewhere.

fair enough

We can respectfully disagree.

I don't think that Wilkerson showed the possibility of being a NFL player.

Even NOW, I think that Williams has a better chance of being on a 53 man squad. We'll see in September.

His contract was up and the patriots and he was behind Bryant and Wade, recovering from an injury. He and team decided to move on. I can certainly see him as a 5th or 6th corner somewhere.
Wilkerson was a preseason stand out, impressed enough to make the roster. He has a career in the NFL be STs , offense he has a place in the NFL..

Williams not so much, the only team to sign him was Minnesota who had arguably the worst secondary in the NFL.. to a camp contract worth pennies.

He was here for 4 years , and did absolutely nothing. Myles Bryant of all people had more INTs than he , we are talking about Myles byant!!!!

He spent more time on IR then on the field, when he was healthy he couldn't move up the depth chart. He had a huge opportunity last season.. But once again he ended up on IR.. availability is the best ability. Veteran Terence Mitchell was ahead of him on depth chart in training camp last season. So again Wilkerson at his position has SHOWN more than what Williams has at his position.

I was high on Williams when he first got here. He just never panned out here he was given plenty of opportunities to play and be impactful. He looked lost in coverage or was always behind WRs.

Anyhow I'll put the discussion to rest..

Wilkerson was a preseason stand out, impressed enough to make the roster. He has a career in the NFL be STs , offense he has a place in the NFL..

False. Wilkerson never made the 53-man roster out of TC. He was signed to the PS in 2020. He saw ONE PS elevation in 2020 for the 11/9 game against the Jets. In 2021, Wilkerson was CUT at the end of TC and signed to the PS. He then saw 4 elevations, including his "start" against the Jaguars.

Williams not so much, the only team to sign him was Minnesota who had arguably the worst secondary in the NFL.. to a camp contract worth pennies.

He was here for 4 years , and did absolutely nothing. Myles Bryant of all people had more INTs than he , we are talking about Myles byant!!!!

He spent more time on IR then on the field, when he was healthy he couldn't move up the depth chart. He had a huge opportunity last season.. But once again he ended up on IR.. availability is the best ability. Veteran Terence Mitchell was ahead of him on depth chart in training camp last season. So again Wilkerson at his position has SHOWN more than what Williams has at his position.

I was high on Williams when he first got here. He just never panned out here he was given plenty of opportunities to play and be impactful. He looked lost in coverage or was always behind WRs.

Anyhow I'll put the discussion to rest..

JoeJuan Williams saw exactly ONE stint on the IR. And that was last year. For you to say he spent more time on the IR than on the field is pure fiction on your part.

The fact that you base the entirety of Williams playing on Interceptions while ignoring every other relevant stat speaks volumes about your bias.

Yes, a guy who has never made the 53-man roster out of training camp showed more than the guy that made the 53 man roster each of his first 3 years. And you claim to be realisitic?

All you've done is make things up that are so easily proven to be lies.

Scouts said that he was too predictable. Always cut to his right, never to his left.
Nixon, R, Whittier. Shiftier than fast, more fluid than some scouts give him credit for. Can swerve right or left to max out escapability. Could go literally to anyone in the draft, in fact, only Nixon can go to China. Has secret plan to win the division. fluid in his break(in)s. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and never forgets an opponent's tendencies; rumored to have compiled extensive enemies list to gain any possible edge. Draft stock has sunk but claims a vast silent majority of personnel departments are in his corner. Country rooting for him to catch on.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back