PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cuts around the league

Tre Nixon I mean.
I meant you continue to covet every other receiver in the league that does not wear a Pats uniform. If the guy was so good, why does Indy just basically fire him? I mean, this is his third time getting cut, right? Every NFL team passed on the guy and he was an UDFA signed by Tennessee. He was cut by the Titans, so blame Vrabel, a disciple of Bill? Then he's cut here. Ok, so Bill is an idiot and gave the guy away, fine. Now? The Colts are dopes too?

Every NFL team had a shot at this kid, they all passed, and now he's available, again. That should tell you all you need to know, but you go get him and fire Trot Nixon.
Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

Nixon... WR out of San Clemente HS and Whittier College?

Would love for us the sign C Wilk back he got a raw deal in that Raider scrimmage he's better than that Jag Trot Nixon. :(
i always thought Wilk showed something when he was here. Would love to have him back competing

I'll Glady take Wilkerson back! In his limited playing time he's impressed enough to be part of the WR corps..
And yet, the Pats decided to part ways with him in February by Waiving him. Not only that, but they just added 2 WRs in the draft. WRs who are far more talented than Wilkerson.

And yet, the Pats decided to part ways with him in February by Waiving him. Not only that, but they just added 2 WRs in the draft. WRs who are far more talented than Wilkerson.
Yeah... well that was head scratcher as well. Joaun Williams who busted out at CB was able to hang around longer than Wilkerson who actually made impactful plays in an NFL game. Hope we can resign him though.. knows the system so he'll be already ahead of the rookies we drafted.

Yeah... well that was head scratcher as well. Joaun Williams who busted out at CB was able to hang around longer than Wilkerson who actually made impactful plays in an NFL game. Hope we can resign him though.. knows the system so he'll be already ahead of the rookies we drafted.

Where do you get that Williams hung around longer than Wilkerson? They both were IRed last season and didn't play a snap. Williams was a free agent so, when the season end, he was a free agent. Wilkerson wasn't, so the Pats cut him.

Impactful plays? ROFLMAO. You mean the 4 catches in 2021 against the worst team in football at the time, the Jaguars? 8 targets on 60 snaps resulting in 4 catches.

He had 7 offensive snaps total in 2 other games that year and not 1 target in those games.
Wilkerson might be re-signed after the season starts for the PS, but that's all he's going to be. A PS player. Because the only thing he MIGHT offer on Special Teams is possibly at Gunner, where he was learning from Slater prior to his injury. We have no idea how Wilkerson was fairing in that respect.

BTW, how do you know that Tre Nixon didn't surpass him this past year? Especially since Nixon got to practice regularly while Wilkerson was injured?

Where do you get that Williams hung around longer than Wilkerson? They both were IRed last season and didn't play a snap. Williams was a free agent so, when the season end, he was a free agent. Wilkerson wasn't, so the Pats cut him.

Impactful plays? ROFLMAO. You mean the 4 catches in 2021 against the worst team in football at the time, the Jaguars? 8 targets on 60 snaps resulting in 4 catches.

He had 7 offensive snaps total in 2 other games that year and not 1 target in those games.
Wilkerson might be re-signed after the season starts for the PS, but that's all he's going to be. A PS player. Because the only thing he MIGHT offer on Special Teams is possibly at Gunner, where he was learning from Slater prior to his injury. We have no idea how Wilkerson was fairing in that respect.

BTW, how do you know that Tre Nixon didn't surpass him this past year? Especially since Nixon got to practice regularly while Wilkerson was injured?
So let me ask you this it's a simple question.. did Wilkerson make more impact or did Williams.. ? he was drafted in the 2nd round in 2019.

Would love for us the sign C Wilk back he got a raw deal in that Raider scrimmage he's better than that Jag Trot Nixon. :(
I'd like to ask a question to a realistic poster like yourself.. I had just made mention Wilkerson in the limited times he played 2021, and here and there last season.. would you agree he's made more impact than Williams a CB drafted high in the 2nd round in 2019 did his entire time here?

I'd like to ask a question to a realistic poster like yourself.. I had just made mention Wilkerson in the limited times he played 2021, and here and there last season.. would you agree he's made more impact than Williams a CB drafted high in the 2nd round in 2019 did his entire time here?
That's why I would like him back he has real game NFL stats in his history.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back