PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosen to Dolphins rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games that I saw Rosen play, he looked scared. But maybe that has to do with human turnstiles they have for their O line. Either they had bad coaching or he doesn’t understand how to shift the protection. So the jury is still out on him.

Would be quite interesting if Darnold, Rosen & Allen all ended up in the AFCE. I almost want it. Literally no excuses now. If those bastions of greatness can't knock us off now they really should walk in Canada & ask for an application for the CFL.

The games that I saw Rosen play, he looked scared. But maybe that has to do with human turnstiles they have for their O line. Either they had bad coaching or he doesn’t understand how to shift the protection. So the jury is still out on him.
It went a lot deeper than that. The OL was awful but play calling, scheme & overall offensive system was not long for 2018. Spent a lot of money on QB's, injuried OL'm & ignoring a defense that drafted & featured a few of guys that could be labeled tweeners. You have to know what you're & really have a plan for guys like Nke, BB, Reddick, DB.

Team was an absolute mess. Rosen was in arguably the worst situation in the league last year. I like Rosen but fear the situation in Miami won't be much better from what we've seen.

Last edited:
I honestly can’t think of a time before Wilfork’s injury that I came away from a game saying “ man, Wilfork sucked today!”

And that’s rare for any player, Brady included.

Oops

Wrong thread

Last edited:
Would love to see Rosen in blue and red. For a mid round pick, you certainly won't find an equal talent in this draft. It seems like the quintessential Belichick move to steal Rosen for a 4th.

Edit: Whoops, I was responding to a different article: Cardinals should deal Josh Rosen, pick Kyler Murray in NFL draft

The author was suggesting he'd be available for a mid round pick.

Trust me...I was around Doug many times...he might have been hair over 5’9 at best....
That's what Wikipedia listed him as. You should go in and edit their article on him.

Rosen was the best qb I have scouted since luck.

I was all for bb trading both first round picks to move up to #10 for him.

But it appears bb was locked in on mayfield not Rosen.

Rosen was the best qb I have scouted since luck.

I was all for bb trading both first round picks to move up to #10 for him.

But it appears bb was locked in on mayfield not Rosen.

I am of two minds about Rosen. My logic says that he's the best QB prospect in maybe 10 years; he has great physical talent, which is pretty rare, but his intellect is even more rare.

My instinct says he might be a nerd that doesn't have NFL superstar in his personality; he's not a killer like Brady is.

I am of two minds about Rosen. My logic says that he's the best QB prospect in maybe 10 years; he has great physical talent, which is pretty rare, but his intellect is even more rare.

My instinct says he might be a nerd that doesn't have NFL superstar in his personality; he's not a killer like Brady is.

I agree. He reminds me of Bledsoe. All the god given talent in the world, but just not willing to go all in 110% and extract every last ounce of talent to be the best. He seems like a rich kid just willing to do enough to be a starter.

Last edited:
The thing I keep hearing about Rosen is that he is unlikeable, a personality that grates on his teammates. It sounds like a chance to start over would be in everyone's best interest.

The thing I keep hearing about Rosen is that he is unlikeable, a personality that grates on his teammates. It sounds like a chance to start over would be in everyone's best interest.

That was a college rumor around draft time... Could've easily been a false rumor. Did you hear that in the NFL too?

I dont understand why its such a big deal in the NFL to focus on measurables that much. We are talking about a couple centimeters in size. Do we really think Brady would be that much worse, if he was ~5cm smaller? Its the same with Wynns projection to be more of a guard in the nfl instead of a left tackle, because his arms are 3cms shorter than the average...

What's the deal with Josh Rosen. Is he supposed to be good?
On his weekly show "The Safety Blitz" Rodney Harrison said the Pats should trade for Rosen with their first pick if he's available. I don't know enough about Rosen to agree or disagree, but I respect Rodney's opinion.

I dont understand why its such a big deal in the NFL to focus on measurables that much. We are talking about a couple centimeters in size. Do we really think Brady would be that much worse, if he was ~5cm smaller? Its the same with Wynns projection to be more of a guard in the nfl instead of a left tackle, because his arms are 3cms shorter than the average...

The difference between Murray and Brady is like 20cm, not 5cm. In any case, it's not about height alone. There are a number of things that go with it, and it's certainly nothing more than a heuristic. You have to admit that heuristics have value even when sometimes wrong or lacking descriptiveness.

That being said, I think Murray will be pretty good in the NFL. I just wouldn't want to bet my future on him. Seems like a flash in the pan that you'll spend too much time protecting and giving 'the right guys' to make a successful offense, which puts your defense in shambles and gives your entire team an imbalance.

The difference between Murray and Brady is like 20cm, not 5cm.

The difference between him and Brees is about 5cm. So there is one guy playing a hall of fame career, the other dude being a little shorter gets all the doubts because of his size. Thats like saying Brady would be worse if he was 5cm smaller. That was my point I was trying to state :)
Pretty exaggerating, I know. The rest you wrote: agree.

Article should just concede this is an idea, not any actual reason for speculation.

I agree from aforementioned the "Dolphins fan" website..

While this basically shuts down the rumors, websites and reporters are still talking about the heated discussion of it still taking place. I would temper the expectations.

Doug Flutie was not a NFL franchise QB

At that time no, at this time when NFL coaches are more open and the league's passing game has changed flutie easily Could be a successful NFL QB- Not Russel wilson but close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back