PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosen to Dolphins rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arizona is in fact moving on from Rosen, #32 should be plenty. They don’t want to keep him & they get instant help at 32...

Having said that : no one knows what BB is thinking (with Ernie A the possible exception). The guy drafted Etling. No one saw that coming. Not saying Etling is in the same league as Rosen, just that we don’t know what BB is up to...

Etling is still interesting to me. More so than Rosen.

When the rumors of the Cards possibly trading Rosen surfaced I thought they were baseless speculation because of one comment Kingsbury made long before he was even considered as an NFL HC. Now that this scenario seems a lot more possible (even likely), I think this is a massive opportunity.

Rosen probably has the highest ceiling of any QB that have been realistically available to the Pats in the last number of years and likely until Brady retires. I know a lot of people are down on him after his rookie season but I don't think you can read too much into it with that stagnant offence and pathetic Oline. This could potentially be a chance to get a legitimate future franchise QB for a reasonable price so I wouldn't hesitate to trade #32 if that's what it takes.

I think Rosen has the best pure arm talent of any QB in the past 2 drafts. His mechanics are impeccable, he has great footwork, fantastic touch and accuracy. He is very intelligent with an extremely high football IQ.

I did a lot of research into Rosen before last years draft because of the potential of the Pats trading up to try and find Brady's successor. It was difficult at first because I had an initial bias against him because of the common perception that he was difficult to coach, wasn't a leader and didn't care about football. After watching him play and listening to him in interviews and understanding him better, Rosen became my #1 QB in the draft. I think he is very misunderstood and is often unfairly characterised.

Rosen is certainly from a new generation, but to expect another personality like Brady is only setting yourself up for failure. I don't think Rosen would fit every team in the NFL but I actually think he would be a perfect fit here. The key is Rosen needs a team/scheme/offensive coordinator to challenge him mentally. Keep him interested, keep things fresh and push him beyond just his physical talents. I don't think there is anyone in the league that would have a better chance at unlocking all of that talent than Josh McDaniels. My biggest concern over Rosen was his toughness and ability to face adversity, but the way he continued to get back up and keep slinging it after getting punished behind that woeful offensive line all season showed me he has the temperament to succeed in the NFL.

I think this is the perfect situation to get our future franchise QB. He should be humbled after taking a beating all of last season. He should have a chip on his shoulder after being given up on after one season. We would be getting a legitimate top 10 talent at QB for the 32nd overall pick. He would have 3 years left at a reasonable price then a 5th year option so his contract should match up nicely with the end of Brady's career (assuming he doesn't play until he's 50). I don't think there is likely to be a single player available at #32 that I would take over Rosen. He could be the future of the Patriots for the decade after Brady retires.

Richard Boucher@RichB2355
@MikeReiss Hi Mike. If Kyler Murray goes #1, do you think NE would consider trading their 1st pick for Josh Rosen?

✔@MikeReiss

Hi Richard. I’m not sure how they view Rosen, so I’d just be guessing. If he was rated very highly by them, that compensation would be reasonable. My gut feeling is that they won’t be going in this direction.
8:25 PM - Mar 3, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back