PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosen to Dolphins rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On his weekly show "The Safety Blitz" Rodney Harrison said the Pats should trade for Rosen with their first pick if he's available. I don't know enough about Rosen to agree or disagree, but I respect Rodney's opinion.

Hmm

If Rosen were available at 32, would we pick him? ???? Of course we would. However, I think that it will take more than a #32 to get Rosen.

As in most drafts, the discussions that are of the most general interest involve quarterbacks. The question every year seems to be how many QB's (and which) will be drafted among the blue-chippers ( could be top 10 or 13 or 15), and what it will take to trade for various quarterbacks.

Last year, Mayfield was the wildcard being projected from 1st to I don't recall how low). Jackson was also a wildcard.

This year, Murray is in the same situation. For now, there are projections from 1st to 8th to 13th to wherever (including off my board because he is too short). And, a couple of quarterbacks may or may not be drafted ahead of Murray.

Hmm

If Rosen were available at 32, would we pick him? ???? Of course we would. However, I think that it will take more than a #32 to get Rosen.

As in most drafts, the discussions that are of the most general interest involve quarterbacks. The question every year seems to be how many QB's (and which) will be drafted among the blue-chippers ( could be top 10 or 13 or 15), and what it will take to trade for various quarterbacks.

Last year, Mayfield was the wildcard being projected from 1st to I don't recall how low). Jackson was also a wildcard.

This year, Murray is in the same situation. For now, there are projections from 1st to 8th to 13th to wherever (including off my board because he is too short). And, a couple of quarterbacks may or may not be drafted ahead of Murray.
If Arizona is in fact moving on from Rosen, #32 should be plenty. They don’t want to keep him & they get instant help at 32...

Having said that : no one knows what BB is thinking (with Ernie A the possible exception). The guy drafted Etling. No one saw that coming. Not saying Etling is in the same league as Rosen, just that we don’t know what BB is up to...

???

No one say the possibility of Belichick drafting a Practice Squad backup at QB? Lots of people did.

If Arizona is in fact moving on from Rosen, #32 should be plenty. They don’t want to keep him & they get instant help at 32...

Having said that : no one knows what BB is thinking (with Ernie A the possible exception). The guy drafted Etling. No one saw that coming. Not saying Etling is in the same league as Rosen, just that we don’t know what BB is up to...

#32 is plenty if no one else offers more.

Doug Flutie has a 92-66 record as a starter, much better than supposed "franchise"qbs who WERE given the chance like Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, R Griffin, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, David Carr etc....

Somehow the narrative over time has settled into "the NFL didn't give Doug Flutie a chance." As opposed to "Doug Flutie signed a contract with the USFL before the NFL draft." (Let alone "when Doug Flutie moved to the NFL, he signed on as a 'scab' player during a strike, thus alienating many of his future teammates.")

I like Flutie a lot, but IMO the storyline that he was unfairly slighted is way overstated. As is his alleged 5'10" height. ;)

Rosen would be a total failure with the Dolphins imo

???

No one say the possibility of Belichick drafting a Practice Squad backup at QB? Lots of people did.
I meant « no one knew Etling would be the one based on what he showed/didn’t show in college »... of course people weren’t surprised at the position, but I bet no one had Etling as the choice...

I would be disappointed if we traded anything for Rosen. I don't think he has what it takes to succeed at this level. I'd rather go with Etling, who seems to have better work ethic and moxie and doesn't cost us anything further.

Rosen has that Aaron Rodgers air about him without any of the success. He was pretty bad last year but his oline, skilled guys and coaching were sub par at best. Hes the kind of guy that needs to get punched square in his face and brought back to reality and knock the smug off him.

Rosen has that Aaron Rodgers air about him without any of the success. He was pretty bad last year but his oline, skilled guys and coaching were sub par at best. Hes the kind of guy that needs to get punched square in his face and brought back to reality and knock the smug off him.
Always acted entitled - from high school at St John Bosco to college at UCLA to now. He is either gonna ditch the ‘tude or be a bust.

Murray seems destined for the top 10, now lower than MIA at 13. And yes, the hype and draft predictions are similar to Mayfield.

However, Murray is severely vertically challenged. Who is the shortest starter for a playoff team, for a winning team? How many of the top TEN quarterbacks in this draft are shorter than 6 feet? [none, I think]
Russell Wilson is 5'11" and IMO a top 5 QB currently..(brady/wilson/brees/majomes/luck)

Doug Flutie has a 92-66 record as a starter...

GroundedChiefAntelope-small.gif

I'd use our end of the 1st pick or our top 2nd for a QB like Rosen in a second. He could be trained up and provide insurance against injury to Brady or Hoyer. When these don't happen, we can trade him away and get our pick back. Or, if he truly works out, we can extend him (or whoever else Belichick chooses instead) as a continuing potential replacement for Hoyer or Brady.

This cost of insurance isn't high. Essentially, we would be trading a 2019 draft pick into the future.

I think it's way too early to say Rosen will be a bust as I saw some people here say. The 2018 draft may turn out to be one of the best QB drafts since 1983, or one of the biggest busts as far as living up to the hype. BUT, it's only ONE year. After 3 or 4 years, I think we will be able to definitively say one way or another.

That being said, I wouldn't have a problem giving up pick #32 for Rosen, for the specific reason that I don't know if a QB prospect left at that point will have the talent level Rosen has. Time will tell. I feel the point is moot, I don't think the Cardinals are taking Kyler Murray, so I don't think they will trade Rosen anyway.

Speculation is speculation.

I would speculate that MIA would draft Murray at 13 if he is there, and consider moving up to #8, to where is he is likely to be drafted.

I could see this scenario. Murray make sense for a franchise that needs to make a splash. Kingsbury loves him. Rosen was sacked 45 times in 14 games. How many were his fault? I don't know but the O Line helped that stat. No way they chase Murray down 45 times.

I think McDaniels likes Rosen. I could see him coached up for two years (Rodgers?) and the Pats could be in play. His reads are too slow. It can be fixed.

I see BB as better with trades than the Draft as a rule. My offer would be our second rounder #24 to AZ for Rosen. At #32 in the first BB will drop back this year for sure. The Bronos might be likely. They just picked up Flaco but the goal is a future QB. Perhaps Jones is there for him. So he goes and gets the #32 pick (5 year control) for #8 in Round #2 and #8 in Round #3.

The Cards Get Murray and a decent second Rounder for Rosen,hence getting him out of AZ so he doesn't get killed. The Pats get a TB12 replacement they can mold a kid who they liked last year.

The Pats Trade down out of pick #32 to the QB hungry Broncs, and drop nine slots in Round #2 (#8) plus pick up a high pick in the 3rd round (#8). The Broncs can now jettison Keenum to...my pick would be the Redskins as a bridge for the Smith return (they are both roll out QB'S in style) for perhaps a Redskins 3rd with a Broncos 4th in return (pick swap).

The Cards can now use two second rounders for O Linemen that are not turnstiles.

A QB lollapoluza.

We get our future QB who we wanted last year, the Cards reboot at QB with a jackrabbit, Elway gets rid of Keenum (who had more passing yards last year than he did with the Vikes) and he gets the Flaco replacement. The Skins get a Smith bandaid at QB
........and The Pats have six picks in the first 3 rounds (with comps).

My sneak WR pick up would be former first rounder Kevin White from the Bears who has had injuries but now healthy who almost beat us last year in game #7, for a lower pick. Great reclamation project. 109 Catches in his last year at WVU, 6'3" and 215 with 4.35 speed. If we loose Paterson, perhaps this guy can be better and a more productive guy. He is only 26.
DW Toys

So, Rosen was picked a player who would hopefully start leading a team as a franchise QB, and was picked then at #10.

He has developed so badly that he is now only worth a low second? I don't buy it.

I could see this scenario. Murray make sense for a franchise that needs to make a splash. Kingsbury loves him. Rosen was sacked 45 times in 14 games. How many were his fault? I don't know but the O Line helped that stat. No way they chase Murray down 45 times.

I think McDaniels likes Rosen. I could see him coached up for two years (Rodgers?) and the Pats could be in play. His reads are too slow. It can be fixed.

I see BB as better with trades than the Draft as a rule. My offer would be our second rounder #24 to AZ for Rosen. At #32 in the first BB will drop back this year for sure. The Bronos might be likely. They just picked up Flaco but the goal is a future QB. Perhaps Jones is there for him. So he goes and gets the #32 pick (5 year control) for #8 in Round #2 and #8 in Round #3.

The Cards Get Murray and a decent second Rounder for Rosen,hence getting him out of AZ so he doesn't get killed. The Pats get a TB12 replacement they can mold a kid who they liked last year.

The Pats Trade down out of pick #32 to the QB hungry Broncs, and drop nine slots in Round #2 (#8) plus pick up a high pick in the 3rd round (#8). The Broncs can now jettison Keenum to...my pick would be the Redskins as a bridge for the Smith return (they are both roll out QB'S in style) for perhaps a Redskins 3rd with a Broncos 4th in return (pick swap).

The Cards can now use two second rounders for O Linemen that are not turnstiles.

A QB lollapoluza.

We get our future QB who we wanted last year, the Cards reboot at QB with a jackrabbit, Elway gets rid of Keenum (who had more passing yards last year than he did with the Vikes) and he gets the Flaco replacement. The Skins get a Smith bandaid at QB
........and The Pats have six picks in the first 3 rounds (with comps).

My sneak WR pick up would be former first rounder Kevin White from the Bears who has had injuries but now healthy who almost beat us last year in game #7, for a lower pick. Great reclamation project. 109 Catches in his last year at WVU, 6'3" and 215 with 4.35 speed. If we loose Paterson, perhaps this guy can be better and a more productive guy. He is only 26.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back