PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger, Over and Out: Goodell will be in Atlanta this weekend, NOT Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...I've thought about that.

But I really think it's as simple as Goodell not wanting to face the inevitable questions and medicine he'd have to take here. He's shown a clear aversion to being questioned in the past, or having to face uncomfortable situations.

As for Kraft, if I'm going to stay consistent with my theory that the Pats are the ultimate NFL outsiders, it makes more sense for Kraft to pucker up like we've seen. He wants to be in the Insider Club, sipping $1,000 shots of bourbon with the Rooneys, Maras, and Jerruh, but they won't take him.

Goodell is the only one who is an outsider just like Kraft, but as the Igor to the owners' Dr. Frankenstein, he holds no power except as the arbiter of their malice toward Kraft. But don't mistake that for sympathy on my part. He's a well compensated Igor and I'm sure he sleeps at night...so **** him too.

Very possible.

What I have been unable to firmly grasp is that I believe the same as you and Bob is not as plugged in as Mara, the Rooneys et al. But I always wonder how is Bob plugged into all these high-powered committees? Is it because he is perceived as the Meyer Lanskey of the NFL and "knows money" so the in-crowd owners slide him in to those roles or is it simply they feed him some crackers and afford him the privilege of hanging out in the locker room but only if he take their towels after their shower?

He sure did, to make sure he could provide close oversight to the sting operation they were planning that is now known as Deflategate

This guy is a totally gutless coward

You have forever ruined Ginger Chicken for me. Bleh.
I think that's what we should call him henceforth: Clucky Goodell, The Ginger Chicken.

Very possible.

What I have been unable to firmly grasp is that I believe the same as you and Bob is not as plugged in as Mara, the Rooneys et al. But I always wonder how is Bob plugged into all these high-powered committees? Is it because he is perceived as the Meyer Lanskey of the NFL and "knows money" so the in-crowd owners slide him in to those roles or is it simply they feed him some crackers and afford him the privilege of hanging out in the locker room but only if he take their towels after their shower?

As someone who actually had to make his money, rather than be a lucky sperm, I'm sure he garners some respect for his business acumen. Of course, I'm sure that the latter half of your hypothesis still applies.

As someone who actually had to make his money, rather than be a lucky sperm, I'm sure he garners some respect for his business acumen. Of course, I'm sure that the latter half of your hypothesis still applies.

Truth and I bet there is some childish resentment too. People like Jeffey Lauria, Woody, Mara, Rooney, Spanos, Bidwell, etc never worked an honest day in their lives.

Then you have guys like Jerrah, Kraft, Paul Allen and even Danny Snyder who started from zero and built empires.

To be in the same room with that dynamic must be fascinating. The egos. The insecurity. The selfishness. The greed.

You can see how a guy like Jerrah, who used to dig ditches in a 110 degree desert would tell a silver spooned Jonathan Kraft to go f himself over a social media disagreement

Damn.

He can run, but he can't hide from thousands of Patriots fans 2 weeks later in Houston. ;)

IF we play GB, they will outnumber us by a wide margin. We would definitely outnumber Atlanta.

Truth and I bet there is some childish resentment too. People like Jeffey Lauria, Woody, Mara, Rooney, Spanos, Bidwell, etc never worked an honest day in their lives.

Then you have guys like Jerrah, Kraft, Paul Allen and even Danny Snyder who started from zero and built empires.

To be in the same room with that dynamic must be fascinating. The egos. The insecurity. The selfishness. The greed.

You can see how a guy like Jerrah, who used to dig ditches in a 110 degree desert would tell a silver spooned Jonathan Kraft to go f himself over a social media disagreement

Damn.

Good point about Jerruh.

And that's why I'll look at him a little differently. He's an insider because he forced his way in there. That's his personality. That's not Kraft's personality.

You're right, though, that it would be an interesting get together. I'm thankful I don't have to be around it, to be honest.

Very possible.

I hesitate to write this because I am not one to see bigotry under every rock, but I wonder if there wasn't some hint of anti-semitism by the "old guard" towards Kraft. Yes I know there are other Jewish owners but none are part of the "insiders" that are second and third generations running a team. Sort of like they have to let him into the country club but never into the inner circle.........

Good point about Jerruh.

And that's why I'll look at him a little differently. He's an insider because he forced his way in there. That's his personality. That's not Kraft's personality.

You're right, though, that it would be an interesting get together. I'm thankful I don't have to be around it, to be honest.

Yep on Jerrah. Its appropriate to be critical of his football acumen or things he does or says but in Jerruh's world there are no walls and their are no doors that can't be broken down.

I think to compare the two, Kraft is more finesse and patient. Doesn't want to offend. Very strategic. Jerrah is strategic but in a different way. He just goes right at you and dares you to stop him. If you do stop him, be ready.

I'd pay decent money to sit in on an owners meeting. It'd be awesome.

Yep on Jerrah. Its appropriate to be critical of his football acumen or things he does or says but in Jerruh's world there are no walls and their are no doors that can't be broken down.

I think to compare the two, Kraft is more finesse and patient. Doesn't want to offend. Very strategic. Jerrah is strategic but in a different way. He just goes right at you and dares you to stop him. If you do stop him, be ready.

I'd pay decent money to sit in on an owners meeting. It'd be awesome.

I wouldn't mind being a fly on a wall, but I'm not 100% sure I'd want to interact all that much.

I hesitate to write this because I am not one to see bigotry under every rock, but I wonder if there wasn't some hint of anti-semitism by the "old guard" towards Kraft. Yes I know there are other Jewish owners but none are part of the "insiders" that are second and third generations running a team. Sort of like they have to let him into the country club but never into the inner circle.........

Oh believe me, I've long thought about this too.

But as a Jew, it feels a little self-serving to bring it up, so I've avoided it as well.

Mrs Robertweathers is Jewish as are my children so I have license to go there. :p

In my experience anti-semitism is still out there.

Is there still awareness of who is a Jew or not and if its consequential to the business?

Yep.

Jerry Jones: Dan Snyder sensitive to feelings because he's Jewish

I wouldn't mind being a fly on a wall, but I'm not 100% sure I'd want to interact all that much.
Oh yea....No need to speak up.

Mrs Robertweathers is Jewish as are my children so I have license to go there. :p

In my experience anti-semitism is still out there.

Is there still awareness of who is a Jew or not and if its consequential to the business?

Yep.

Jerry Jones: Dan Snyder sensitive to feelings because he's Jewish

Yeah, I'm not one to go looking for antisemitism in the shadows, but all the same, I tend to shy away from talking about it. There are a lot of people who work with me that have no idea, and I'm good with that.

Yeah, I'm not one to go looking for antisemitism in the shadows, but all the same, I tend to shy away from talking about it. There are a lot of people who work with me that have no idea, and I'm good with that.

Mrs RW is like you. Its not worth her time to deal with a potential issue that should never be an issue. She has more important things to do.

Its funny. I'm more of a anti-semetic watchdog than Mrs RW and I'm Catholic. LOL. I just don't want our kids to deal with that BS.

Oh believe me, I've long thought about this too.

But as a Jew, it feels a little self-serving to bring it up, so I've avoided it as well.
Good to know that I am not alone. There is a part of me that thinks if Kraft was from an old Main Line family with Lineage going back to the Mayflower that the team would have been treated differently. Goidell and the powers that be wanted to bring him and the team down a few notches. Can I prove it? Nope but my gut and 50 plus years of experience allow to a pretty good frame of reference.

I hope we are up by 2 scores in the end so we can chant "where is roger?"

It would be hard to have anti-semitism when 10.5 teams are led by Jewish people in the club of 32.

Concerning Kraft, it seemed to he was the most influential owner until DeflateGate changed all that. I think any raw deal he's getting is all about the Hatriotism from other owners - and nothing more.

I think that's what we should call him henceforth: Clucky Goodell, The Ginger Chicken.

I look forward to this day for The Ginger Chicken.

The young man had the accuracy of Brady!

(Is it OK to post a head chopping?)

What a gutless, cowardly, sniveling, pretentious, hypocritical, double-standard imposing TURD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back