PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers in talks with Jets [UPDATE: 'It's my intention to play for the Jets']

If the Jets win a SB with Rodgers, they don’t care about a long term solution at QB…it will be the miracles of all miracles for that franchise
This will not happen. He's had way better teams in GB and choked.

It'd be a huge kick in the balls for da Jete if he now blows them off.

Then again, we know Jete fans like to be kicked in the balls...
Hopefully he keeps them on the hook through the early part of free agency, so they miss on their second, third and fourth choice before letting them know he’s done.

I don't like AR. Never have, but I don't wish failure for him. Hes one of greatest QBs to have ever played.

Going to the NYJ is a disaster waiting to happen and I don't care about how good their young talent is.

That franchise is a rotational vortex of dog poop. They suck the life out of players and coaches because of their BS.

Hes better off putting on a happy face and finishing out his contract with GB.

Last edited:
I don't like AR. Never have, but I don't wish failure for him. Hes one of greatest QBs to have ever played.

Going to the NYJ is a disaster waiting to happen and I don't care about how good their young talent is.

That franchise is a rotational vortex of dog poop. They suck the life out of players because of their BS.

I think GB knows they’re not serious contenders at the moment and would like to rid themselves of Rodgers, his drama and his price tag. They gotta find out what they have in Love before his rookie deal is up.

New York Media and fans
Overrated head coach (4th in the division, IMO)
Rodgers

What could possibly go wrong? If they start slowly, look out below.

I think GB knows they’re not serious contenders at the moment and would like to rid themselves of Rodgers, his drama and his price tag. They gotta find out what they have in Love before his rookie deal is up.
I agree. For GB, to let AR shop around is the right move long-term.

The jets are actually a good team for Rodgers. He is always looking for something to cry about and being a member of the Jets is as good a reason for anyone to cry about really. I'm interested into seeing how far they can drag his legendary status into the ground. Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith could very well be great human beings but my first thought is one likes to run into butts and they were so dumb they needed a red/green light coloring book thing to work. I wouldn't be surprised to see a future Jet qb to wear a helmet off the clock and their personal car to actually be a short bus lol.

Last edited:
I hope everyone of the Players they have waived to clear cap space for Rodgers gets signed by another team.
Then Rodgers retires.
Jets will look like Well…….THE JETS

Even if Rodgers feels he can leave the filthy NJ/NY area and go up to the Adirondacks every other week for one of his isolation retreats in the wilderness.. he STILL won’t cleanse himself of the putrid toxic waste that is the Jets. It would consume him and spit him out.

He's hedging. I'm beginning to think he might not do it. If he signs with the Jete he'll be under a microscope with a spotlight in the highest-pressure media market in creation. He will be considered their savior. That's a lot to walk into at the end of a career regardless of the money.

always listen to ME...I have NEVER been wrong since this board first came into existence...the Jets SUCK. Period.
No matter how scared you are getting, no matter how many goblins and monsters under your bed keep you tossing and turning and crying out for mommy in the night, no matter how you twist up your stats and your "could be". "might happen", "not good!!!" crippling fears...no matter what...the JETS SUCK. 53 years and counting and NOT ABOUT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFETIMES.

Sack up, Scary Marys....

That franchise is a rotational vortex of dog poop. They suck the life out of players and coaches because of their BS.

he has mentally retired yrs ago . plays another game now

Last year was not his best no question.

I do wonder if he's done w football in general

always listen to ME...I have NEVER been wrong since this board first came into existence...the Jets SUCK. Period.
No matter how scared you are getting, no matter how many goblins and monsters under your bed keep you tossing and turning and crying out for mommy in the night, no matter how you twist up your stats and your "could be". "might happen", "not good!!!" crippling fears...no matter what...the JETS SUCK. 53 years and counting and NOT ABOUT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFETIMES.

Sack up, Scary Marys....

54 years. ;)

And yet, the Jete still want to sign him badly enough for the owner to fly to CA to talk to him.

Last year was not his best no question.

I do wonder if he's done w football in general
Rumors from the combine said he does want to play again.

If nothing else, there is $60M due him from GB to motivate him.

Not that he'll see the $60M, but still, it seems like it's mostly about money.

His stalling now suggests he just doesn't want to play for da Jete.

And yet, the Jete still want to sign him badly enough for the owner to fly to CA to talk to him.

Rumors from the combine said he does want to play again.

If nothing else, there is $60M due him from GB to motivate him.

Not that he'll see the $60M, but still, it seems like it's mostly about money.

His stalling now suggests he just doesn't want to play for da Jete.

It just might be one more year with Green Bay and then call it a career.

It just might be one more year with Green Bay and then call it a career.
I'm still wondering if GB won't just end up cutting him.

They seem to be done with his antics and want to find out what they have in Love before he can be a free agent.

If Rodgers is on GB this season his cap hit gets worse for next year, so there's another (small) incentive to cut him.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I'm already planning for Rodgers to be going to the Jets, where even a diminished Rodgers will make them a superbowl threat. All the signs are pointing that way, though I'd think he'll have a better shot at getting to a superbowl in the NFC.

And for those who play the game on PAPER, you can lock in 6 divisional losses for the Pats this year. Happy yet? :rolleyes:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back