PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers in talks with Jets [UPDATE: 'It's my intention to play for the Jets']

I would just like to see him deal with the NY media. They would tear him apart and he would have to retreat back to his dark hole.
I don't get why people keep saying this.

When asked if he was vaccinated AR told the media he was "immunized" with a totally straight face.

Worst comes to worst he can have a private darkness room installed to retreat into after any Jets losses.

Woody Johnson is reportedly desperate to get Rodgers. So odds are good if the Jets get him, they will overpay for him.

I am wondering if Rodgers will fail miserably in NY. I wonder if he is really into the game anymore or just collecting the paycheck. I also wonder if Brady and Watt didn't retire this year, if he would. Five years from now, he would be an afterthought with the two of the greatest players of all time being inducted into the Hall at the same time as him.

And can Rodgers handle the NY media. At times he doesn't seem to be able to handle the Wisconsin media.

Woody Johnson is reportedly desperate to get Rodgers. So odds are good if the Jets get him, they will overpay for him.

I am wondering if Rodgers will fail miserably in NY. I wonder if he is really into the game anymore or just collecting the paycheck. I also wonder if Brady and Watt didn't retire this year, if he would. Five years from now, he would be an afterthought with the two of the greatest players of all time being inducted into the Hall at the same time as him.

And can Rodgers handle the NY media. At times he doesn't seem to be able to handle the Wisconsin media.
In Aaron's mind, Brady and Watt would want to retire with him. He's a diva. Divas don't live in rational land where Brady is the GOAT and Aaron is going to be remembered as one of the good QBs of that era.

I can't see the Jets overtaking the Bills in the division and I also wonder if they'll fall into the "dream team" trap and underperform, prompting a wave of overreaction. Or he could eke enough wins for the Jets to get into the playoffs. I guess we'll see.

The plot thickens:

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

In Aaron's mind, Brady and Watt would want to retire with him. He's a diva. Divas don't live in rational land where Brady is the GOAT and Aaron is going to be remembered as one of the good QBs of that era.

I can't see the Jets overtaking the Bills in the division and I also wonder if they'll fall into the "dream team" trap and underperform, prompting a wave of overreaction. Or he could eke enough wins for the Jets to get into the playoffs. I guess we'll see.

If he thought the press was bad in GB... he's walking right into a buzzsaw if he comes to New York. He's going to be seen as "underperforming" no matter what happens.

giggle laughing GIF

This would be bad news for Bill, but light a fire to make major moves himself. Rodgers to the Jets instantly makes the Pats the worst team in the division.

Worst offense in the East.
Rob is going to have to shop at least at Nordstrom rack as opposed to 5 below.
Jonathan Jones coming back is crucial or you draft a db or trade a mid round pick for Ramsey.
I could see Jack Jones and Ramsey would have a ton of swag.
Get ready for flags for breathing on A A Ron.
It’s all about coverage I wouldn’t even blitz him.

No thanks
The free agency thread is gone, so I had wanted to touch on something you and I were discussing about CB'S.. the team is supposedly engaged in talks to retain Jonathan Jones, however Girardi reported that teams view him as a slot corner. Don't know how that affects his dollar amount. I hope Jones stays and plays in the slot.. where is believe he's better at. My Ramsey hopes are fading.. so hopefully Sean Murphy- bunting could be signed...

Worst offense in the East.
Rob is going to have to shop at least at Nordstrom rack as opposed to 5 below.
Jonathan Jones coming back is crucial or you draft a db or trade a mid round pick for Ramsey.
I could see Jack Jones and Ramsey would have a ton of swag.
Get ready for flags for breathing on A A Ron.
It’s all about coverage I wouldn’t even blitz him.
@Zappe Hour excellent points... I want Ramsey as well... but my hopes are fading lol.. however he an jack jones.. boy would that be fun..

Y'all have no faith in the Jete to Jete. They will 100% foul this up, either now or when he's a Jete. Once Jete, always Jete.
New York Jets Fan GIF

The free agency thread is gone, so I had wanted to touch on something you and I were discussing about CB'S.. the team is supposedly engaged in talks to retain Jonathan Jones, however Girardi reported that teams view him as a slot corner. Don't know how that affects his dollar amount. I hope Jones stays and plays in the slot.. where is believe he's better at. My Ramsey hopes are fading.. so hopefully Sean Murphy- bunting could be signed...
Yeah, I hope we keep Jonathan Jones, but even if we do, I think we really need a strong man coverage CB who can take away a number 1 WR, but I'm not sure where we find one, in free agency or in the draft.

Hey...this is perfect for the Discount Double Dork....after every game he can go to one of the five "meditation" cells located around the NY metro area....this seals the deal!!!

NYPICHPDPICT000007347141.jpg

Just saw a Colorado personalized vanity license plate today. "GoPCK12" That guy will be very upset he wasted his money...

People not concerned about this are kidding themselves. Even if Rodgers is his meh 2022 version, that is potentially enough to make the Jets contenders. Zach Wilson gave away two wins to the Patriots last year, don't think that stays the same with Aaron. Every division game being not only a dogfight but a matchup the Patriots are likely to be underdogs in is awful. The Jets are the one team they've consistently dominated in the post-Brady era, I would very much like for that to continue.

Yeah, I hope we keep Jonathan Jones, but even if we do, I think we really need a strong man coverage CB who can take away a number 1 WR, but I'm not sure where we find one, in free agency or in the draft.
Your right, only guy out there that fits that mold is Ramsey.. there are other with the frame of him but not technique and attitude you have to have to play corner.. fortunately for us we have at least one the budding CB's in jack.. guess I'll keep wishing upon a star..lol

if Rodgers leaves GB, the NFC QBs are going to look like this…

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes