PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers in talks with Jets [UPDATE: 'It's my intention to play for the Jets']

It’s a perfect fit. And the Jets become legit for a season or two.

It’s a perfect fit. And the Jets become legit for a season or two.
For a game or 5 then implode.
It’s going to be beautiful to watch.
When the Patriots run some kind of coverage and confuse Rodgers he’s screaming at the receivers and pouts on the sideline.
This is incredible.

I would just like to see him deal with the NY media. They would tear him apart and he would have to retreat back to his dark hole.

Interesting scenario to watch for sure. For those saying, "Why would he go to the AFC which has a tougher road to the Super Bowl" I would offer two things: One, Rodgers has never seemed to be motivated primarily by winning the Super Bowl. He talks about being able to win MVP's and having great seasons, so I'm not sure he loses much sleep after a playoff loss (so long as he looked okay doing it). Two, the Packers have to trade him, and I doubt they're looking to trade him within the NFC. So if he wants to play somewhere else, it's probably AFC or bust.

Why the Jets? Well... that's between him and his conscience...

It is not tampering if he has permission to seek a trade. Given other rumors that GB doesn't want him back, this is rather likely.

I hadn't heard that Rodgers had been given permission to seek a trade. Usually, something like that would tear across the internet like fire across California forests.

I hadn't heard that Rodgers had been given permission to seek a trade. Usually, something like that would tear across the internet like fire across California forests.
We'll never know if this is just some damage control, but Rap Sheet is willing to say he's got permission:

GIF by Ghostbusters

Only a Carpathian Aaron Rodgers would choose NY, now. Tasty pick, bonehead. If you had brain one in that "huge" melon on top of your neck, you'd be livin' the sweet life, out in southern California's beautiful San Fernando valley.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I would just like to see him deal with the NY media. They would tear him apart and he would have to retreat back to his dark hole.
That, and I'd love to see him try to survive a season at age 39 behind da Jete's offensive line.

Plus, Punky McMilfson will learn so much from a 39 year old guy who uses ayahuasca binges and darkness retreats to cope with NFL life.

And, giving away a big bag of draft capital and cash to bring him on-board looks like a great plan.

What could possibly go wrong?

Aaron Rodgers and the NY Media aren't what I would call a good mix... Playing in ny can be tough...
True that
I hope he doesn't or else on paper right now we'd be the last in the East.
Of course thats only on paper

That, and I'd love to see him try to survive a season at age 39 behind da Jete's offensive line.

Plus, Punky McMilfson will learn so much from a 39 year old guy who uses ayahuasca binges and darkness retreats to cope with NFL life.

And, giving away a big bag of draft capital and cash to bring him on-board looks like a great plan.

What could possibly go wrong?

I love it. I hope it happens. I was hoping for Carr but this is much better.

Let us pray.

Interesting scenario to watch for sure. For those saying, "Why would he go to the AFC which has a tougher road to the Super Bowl" I would offer two things: One, Rodgers has never seemed to be motivated primarily by winning the Super Bowl. He talks about being able to win MVP's and having great seasons, so I'm not sure he loses much sleep after a playoff loss (so long as he looked okay doing it). Two, the Packers have to trade him, and I doubt they're looking to trade him within the NFC. So if he wants to play somewhere else, it's probably AFC or bust.

Why the Jets? Well... that's between him and his conscience...
If he can make it there....

(frickin hate that song - so much so that while I was at a Sox game and they were playing it after 9/11, I was yelling around me to Sox fans singing it what's wrong with you people)

Comments:

1.) I won't like it too much. I mean...Rodgers might be a bit "in the dark", but the man can play QB. He'll have some serious targets in NY with Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Berrios, and Mims.... that coupled with Breece Hall... that is gonna be a TOUGH offense to defend. Remember last year...we beat down on Zach Wilson who couldn't even get the offense to score more than 20 points over two games...and in one of those...Wilson threw a garbage time TD. With Rodgers we can expect the Jets to put up 24 points a game against us.....

2.) I will however love the compensation the Jets would have to give up, Rodgers' cap eating contract, and Rodgers' age (he turns 40 in December).

3.) If Rodgers goes to the Jets...the Patriots will have the 4th best offense in the division...even if we massively upgrade at WR (D.Hops) and OL. Our defense is gonna have to be even better in 2023...damn it...

Timmy to the Dolphins and Rodgers to the Jete would make for a fun division...

GB to Minnesota via the NYJetes....where have I seen this before???

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back