PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers already knocked out of the game against the Bills

Jets D is pretty damn good but something is just off in BUF
It's possible that they still haven't mentally put last season's layoff collapse behind them. That plus their offseason being, at least partially, clouded by Diggs voicing unhappiness with the state of things.

Obviously it's too soon to count them out as a contender, but my gut tells me that that locker room is one missed trip back to the AFCCG away from a major implosion.

My guess in terms of the contract stuff is that he’ll come back to get his guaranteed money next season (how much and how well he plays not relevant), and then will work with the Jets to split the big dead money between 2025 and 2026 by removing his 2025 roster bonus and staying on the roster at minimum salary until he retires after June 1, 2025. That would be $17M-ish cap hit in 2024, $14M dead money in 2025, $35M dead money in 2026.

So, Rogers gets injured trying to do what made him great in the eyes of so many, "extend the play!". Yet he can't get outside of his field wide pocket enough to make a pass or run. At no point in his career did he have a glimpse of understanding what pocket awareness is, tonight proved it. Nobody will see it though

U think so? After wich INT 2nd or 3rd? That jets defense is a problem as I said for all offenses.
Those were passes that never should have been thrown. They were horrendous, and they reflect Allen's continuing insistence on trying to play hero ball instead of taking what the defense gives him. The Jets defense is good. But Allen was his own worst enemy.,

EDIT: "He now has 84 turnovers since entering the league in 2018, the most during that time frame. In his sixth season, Allen is also now the quarterback with the most overtime losses, including postseason, without a win or tie (0-5), according to ESPN Stats & Information research."

Last edited:
So, Rogers gets injured trying to do what made him great in the eyes of so many, "extend the play!". Yet he can't get outside of his field wide pocket enough to make a pass or run. At no point in his career did he have a glimpse of understanding what pocket awareness is, tonight proved it. Nobody will see it though

Advanced metrics see it

Advanced metrics see it
I don't need to, extending plays by ignoring your options kills time on the clock. One of the Patriots greatest talent was game time management. There is no accountable metric available that can account for time wasted by Fraudgers or saved by Brady, but if you're in a game during crunch time, more often than not Roger lost.

All the Rogers hype is going to immediately turn to speculation of retirement. I don't know if I can see him returning next year at this moment.
Especially the way he seems to see the world - it would definitely feel like it's not meant to be. He was 50/50 on retirement before this move.
Either way, the Jets have to decide what to do. I don't think they have a choice but to roll with Wilson. Maybe they bring in another vet, get creative and coax someone out of retirement (like a Matt Ryan - who may not appreciate the booth after that 28-3 comment).
But, if they move on from Wilson this year, they're looking for another future QB this offseason. Which might alter Roger's decision anyway.
All strong points. This may be how it plays out, but if you look at the money da Jete were definitely counting on him playing 2023 and 2024, and a strong case could be made that they expected him to extend and restructure in 2025. One of the podcasts I follow has a Jete fan as its host and he said in passing da Jete had this plan for Rodgers to play the next three years and for Wilson to be developed over those years to the point he could then take over. The podcaster said it in a way that he was dubious about that plan all along, but who knows. If nothing else, guaranteeing him $70M+ over the first two years means they really hoped/expected/needed to have him play two seasons at least. Now, their ass is hanging out in the wind.

Those were passes that never should have been thrown. They were horrendous, and they reflect Allen's continuing insistence on trying to play hero ball instead of taking what the defense gives him. The Jets defense is good. But Allen was his own worst enemy.,

EDIT: "He now has 84 turnovers since entering the league in 2018, the most during that time frame. In his sixth season, Allen is also now the quarterback with the most overtime losses, including postseason, without a win or tie (0-5), according to ESPN Stats & Information research."
I agree, and Allen is a great QB he made plays of his talent alone. I was just making the point that the jets are the only team that I have seen that Buffalo can't dictate what they want to do on offense.

Sauce didn't even IMO play his best allowing catches to Diggs that he never gives up. It's just impressive to see all 3 levels of that jets defense in 2023 NFL.

It's going to be a FG game when we play jets this season both defenses are elite.. I think people need to start calling our defense elite as well.

It's possible that they still haven't mentally put last season's layoff collapse behind them. That plus their offseason being, at least partially, clouded by Diggs voicing unhappiness with the state of things.

Obviously it's too soon to count them out as a contender, but my gut tells me that that locker room is one missed trip back to the AFCCG away from a major implosion.
The Bickering Bills vol 2.

buddy of mine drafted Garrett Wilson #8 overall and reached by about 4 rounds on Rodgers

he was telling the league group chat how screwed we are because he just got Rodgers-Adams stack version 2.0
then my draft was not as bad as i thought :D now i recommend jets rb's

Bills are toast. Their supporting cast is exactly the same, they rely on Diggs. Josh Allen runs around too much. Their D isn't very good specially Poyer and Hyde. They got roasted in the run game.

How much are the Jets offering Tom Brady to step in for Arron since he is out for the season? I'm sure the Jets had an insurance policy in case Rodgers got injured. Let's go Tom shake up the NFL job, Just imagine, Tom, if you could take them to the Super Bowl.

How much are the Jets offering Tom Brady to step in for Arron since he is out for the season? I'm sure the Jets had an insurance policy in case Rodgers got injured. Let's go Tom shake up the NFL job, Just imagine, Tom, if you could take them to the Super Bowl.
He can't. He's an owner now.

But why bother having one at the stadium, if the guy is that hurt, he's not coming back into the game so might as well wait until he gets to a hospital for the diagnosis.

Is timing important? I thought they try to get pictures before the swelling gets real bad, at least i thought i read something about that

im certainly no doctor

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back