PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers already knocked out of the game against the Bills

This reminds me of Bradys 08 season

873db1b3-d103-4f42-9d4a-c415dda6d685_text.gif

Jets have nobody to blame but themselves. Aaron wanted the Jets to trade for Bakterari, but they wouldn't do that or bring in anyone else. They relied on injured retreads. Before the sack we saw Rodgers immediately running around.

By the way, Shannon Sharpe is blaming Rodgers for his injury. When the play has T's doing cut blocks, the ball needs to come out quickly from the QB. He doesn't know why a QB of Rodgers caliber was not getting rid of the ball.

Jets have nobody to blame but themselves. Aaron wanted the Jets to trade for Bakterari, but they wouldn't do that or bring in anyone else. They relied on injured retreads. Before the sack we saw Rodgers immediately running around.

By the way, Shannon Sharpe is blaming Rodgers for his injury. When the play has T's doing cut blocks, the ball needs to come out quickly from the QB. He doesn't know why a QB of Rodgers caliber was not getting rid of the ball.
For me, Rodgers takes most of the blame. Rodgers has been the highest or near highest paid players for years and years. When a single player takes so much of the salary cap, a team will fail to obtain some key pieces. Brady has taken team discounts probably totalling 50 mil to 100 mil over his career. In contrast, Rodgers always went for max pay.

I agree with Sharpe on that play. Brady would just have resigned himself to face planting into the ground. Rodgers was twisting and turning thinking he was still in his 20s instead of 39.

It’s almost always stupid to blame of the offensive line for a QB injury, but it takes the cake when it’s the first time he got hit that game and it wasn’t even some blind side hit with a whiffed blocking assignment. I can see some whacky argument about the cumulative effect of sacks but how can you blame the line when they allowed one sack? Was it going to be the offensive line’s fault if he wasn’t hit until game 4?

At some point during the season a quarterback is going to have a big d lineman bearing down on him no matter how stellar the protection. Rodgers certainly didn’t help matters by passing on the open slant and trying to elude an obvious sack, exposing himself to more risk. All that said, we clearly had a combination of bad luck (almost all injuries require an unlikely angle, force, and circumstance) and an achilles that was already deteriorating and vulnerable.

He’s a 40 year old with calf issues and a bad offensive line who wants to run around like Mahomes and Josh Allen. It was only a matter of time.

Similar with Tua. Taking not particularly violent hits gave him career threatening concussions last year and he has no self preservation instinct. No matter what happens next week I don’t rate the Dolphins long term success with Tua highly.

All the rituals and grieving for this are so cute. More mental energy spent grieving the 9/11 conspirator’s achilles injury than for the 2000+ lives lost.

Out Out Brief Candle!

Looking forward to those miserable idiots like Cobb and Lazard choking down this season with the NY press up their asses.

The Jets Suck

It seems to me Brown at LT just missed the block, no one got cut, Brown lunged at Floyd and pretty much just missed him, was easily tossed aside.

IMO, it's tough to blame Rodgers for an incompetent OL put together by an incompetent organization.

It’s almost always stupid to blame of the offensive line for a QB injury, but it takes the cake when it’s the first time he got hit that game and it wasn’t even some blind side hit with a whiffed blocking assignment. I can see some whacky argument about the cumulative effect of sacks but how can you blame the line when they allowed one sack? Was it going to be the offensive line’s fault if he wasn’t hit until game 4?

At some point during the season a quarterback is going to have a big d lineman bearing down on him no matter how stellar the protection. Rodgers certainly didn’t help matters by passing on the open slant and trying to elude an obvious sack, exposing himself to more risk. All that said, we clearly had a combination of bad luck (almost all injuries require an unlikely angle, force, and circumstance) and an achilles that was already deteriorating and vulnerable.
Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to review the play again and share what I saw. Link to the replay is below.

IMO there was a wiffed block by his LT which is his blind side.

If you look at it you see the LT Brown lunges to try to get in the cut block but Floyd jumps back and tosses him to the ground like a rag doll.

Rogers looks right as his first read, then center as his second, then by the time he looks left for his third, Floyd is only a step away from him.

There was an opening to throw to the slant guy who he should have saw when he looked center for his second read, but I imagine Rodgers thought he had more time to look left and do his third read because he didn't expect Brown to wiff. I think he expected the RB to be open in the flat, which IMO is consistent with Brown doing a cut block then getting downfield to help block for the RB.

I see the point that Rodgers should have not fought to stay up, but as he himself has said, extending the play is his thing.

I hear what you are saying that no QB should expect a perfect OL, but that doesn't give the OL a free pass in my book.

I think it's hindsight to say he should have taken his second read to the slant instead of him thinking he had time to do his third read to the RB in the flat and then decide what to do, because that's what the play was designed to do. If anything, it's on Hackett for drawing up unrealistically long plays, and/or for not emphasizing to Rodgers that he probably won't have time to do the third read.

Overall I think the bulk of the blame goes to Brown, with the rest a tie between Rodger's decision to not take the sack, the bad luck / vulnerabilities issues you called out and the slowly developing play that was called.

**** happens, but on this play IMO **** mostly happened because Brown wiffed on his block.

Sort of pointless to point fingers. it was your standard sack just bad luck. Hope he recovers quickly.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to review the play again and share what I saw. Link to the replay is below.

IMO there was a wiffed block by his LT which is his blind side.

If you look at it you see the LT Brown lunges to try to get in the cut block but Floyd jumps back and tosses him to the ground like a rag doll.

Rogers looks right as his first read, then center as his second, then by the time he looks left for his third, Floyd is only a step away from him.

There was an opening to throw to the slant guy who he should have saw when he looked center for his second read, but I imagine Rodgers thought he had more time to look left and do his third read because he didn't expect Brown to wiff. I think he expected the RB to be open in the flat, which IMO is consistent with Brown doing a cut block then getting downfield to help block for the RB.

I see the point that Rodgers should have not fought to stay up, but as he himself has said, extending the play is his thing.

I hear what you are saying that no QB should expect a perfect OL, but that doesn't give the OL a free pass in my book.

I think it's hindsight to say he should have taken his second read to the slant instead of him thinking he had time to do his third read to the RB in the flat and then decide what to do, because that's what the play was designed to do. If anything, it's on Hackett for drawing up unrealistically long plays, and/or for not emphasizing to Rodgers that he probably won't have time to do the third read.

Overall I think the bulk of the blame goes to Brown, with the rest a tie between Rodger's decision to not take the sack, the bad luck / vulnerabilities issues you called out and the slowly developing play that was called.

**** happens, but on this play IMO **** mostly happened because Brown wiffed on his block.

Sure, I agree it’s not an adequate cut block. However these things happen many times over a game. It was definitely Brown’s overall fault why the play was not successful. It was not Brown’s fault Rodgers blew out his achilles. Rodgers had numerous options to avoid a hit, and options to avoid that type of hit, and his achilles was teed up going into the season.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back