PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft not selected to Hall of Fame

Billionaires are a reality. Do we even have a team in New England without Kraft? It would be cool if Joe **** the rag man could own a team and build a stadium complete with an NFL dynasty but life ain't cool all the time. Culture wars aside, if a Billionaire is inevitable for the league then we are lucky to have Kraft. He earned the HOF
Green Bay public ownership model could work for other teams, but owners like to own their playthings.

He's an effin billionaire owner; all of his fellow plutocrat owners do sh*t like that while making tons of money. None of them belong in the Hall of Fame IMO.
I wish you had a vote (I'd vote for you to have a vote) but as George Carlin said, it's a big club and you ain't in it.

Kraft's contributions to the NFL landscape also extended outside Foxboro, Mass. He was instrumental in helping to settle the NFL lockout before the 2011 season. In fact, NFLPA representative and former Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday, once referred to Kraft as the "man who helped us save football."
It's been several years but I feel like this is mainly a Jeff Saturday take. Those two obviously had a special love-in during negotiations.

No one was quitting football or giving up all the money involved. These players had child support and Lambo payments to make, not to mention entourages going hungry and threadbare.

He should be a first vote HOFer because of his Mac and Cheese alone.

I don't know much about Robert Kraft however most of the things I have heard about him as an owner have been very good......so what does he need to do , to get over the final hurdle ?
Be the owner of an NFC team like Jerry Jones?

This slight is why I can't stand any of the Halls of Fame in sports. There's always some form of bias in the voting process.

If any owner belongs there it's Kraft.

Besides being the owner of the team that drafted and developed Brady, what's so special about Robert Kraft?

I’m not the biggest Kraft fan but the franchise under his ownership has by far been the most successful franchise over the last 30 years, including a 20 year dynasty run, which no franchise has ever had. The process is supposedly merit based and stat driven data is usually applied to nominees for their position, be it player, coach, owner or other. Given the owners who are already in, e.g…Jerry Jones, Kraft has easily surpassed the accomplishments necessary to qualify for induction as an owner. But if that sleazy old scumbag Borges is still representing New England then I doubt he put up much of an argument.

He should be a first vote HOFer because of his Mac and Cheese alone.
the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

i thought i had replied to a thread on this... don't know what happened to it, but meh...

This sucks... RKK should have been enshrined in the HoF...

The guy has been one of the best owners in the game... faux pas not withstanding... he has done a lot for this team, and has done a lot for the league... more than enough to merit enshrinement...

If you want to ***** over deflate gate and him not waging war vs the league, i hear ya, but honestly - get the **** over it... sounds like a broken record at this point... that particular episode of gamesmanship was rigged from the get go... at best it would have been a Pyrrhic victory... sometimes in life you gotta take your lumps...

He's 82 years old... while he looks to be in good health for that age, he's still an octogenarian...

he deserves the honor, while he's still living.

George Halas & Lamar Hunt deserve admittance; not too many more after that for me.
i disagree, especially with the emphasis on just those two... since you don't elaborate after that, i don't know who the "not many more" are after that...

Whether it be owners taking financial risks, innovative coaches, championship coaches, or guys like Ed Sabol propagating the NFL, expanding its reach due to his marvelously crafted TWIF shows, etc, there wouldn't be a league without them... Contributors to the growth and development of the league have been essential to creating a viable league, and are more than worthy of enshrinement...

Its my opinion that the contributors category should be split into three sub-categories... Coaches, Ownership and Media... not saying 1 from each category should be enshrined every year, but each deserves a separate platform to be argued for (or against)

Man, I did a quadruple take when I saw Dan Reeves in the list of Contributors in the HoF... oh it's the other Dan Reeves.

If Bowlen, Wilson Jr, and Debartolo Jr are in, then RKK should be in there, too. As much as I am not a fan of Small Al and Jerruh, they at least made other contributions, with the latter playing the role of the Ted DiBiase "The [Billion] Dollar Man" of the NFL.

Bob will have enough time to reload and take another shot next year. He'll have to polish up on his positioning and show them who's the boss. He'll make some calls to the right people and I'm sure he'll end up satisfied in the end. At his age it's all about the happy ending.

I don't know much about Robert Kraft however most of the things I have heard about him as an owner have been very good......so what does he need to do , to get over the final hurdle ?
be older

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back