PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was he so pissed about? To be honest, I didn't think it was a very good look for him.
I don't know, either, it was someone from ESPN, or he's been fielding a literal avalanche of inane Gronk questions since Sunday night, or more probably, both.

I don't know, either, it was someone from ESPN, or he's been fielding a literal avalanche of inane Gronk questions since Sunday night, or more probably, both.
Yeah, I recall him going off on another female reporter a couple years back. Settle down there Bill.

Then bring up a SINGLE source that states that the coaching staff and camp Gronk were not on the same page. You are insinuating something and ignoring perfectly reasonable explanations for why he was held out a few games without anything to back your claims up. Until then you are the delusional conspiracy theorist.

That was actually pretty widely reported...

Report: Rob Gronkowski, Patriots Disagree on Status for Sunday's Game as Tight End Is Wary About Early Return

The fact that the press release was even issued, and on top of that had the Gronkowski family name on it means that it's an extremely unusual situation.

In the 15 years BB has been running the team issuing a JOINT presser with the player/family detailing a player's availability due to injury was a FIRST.

Speculation is that Gordie Gronk is yapping and the team/player camp needed to get on the same page.

Last edited:
I remember the Gronkowski Return Rift (real or sensationalized) was widely reported at the time.
I remember Brady used to speak regularly about how good Gronk looked in practice when he was still not willing to play week after week. At that time I thought Brady was sending a message.

He will be in for playoffs...(and hopefully Jets game..) all that matters is that bye and HFA

It doesn't matter what Brady says or thinks.. this is a decision of the medical and coaching department. Again, Gronk had four operations (the final one at the end of May 2013) to fix his arm and an infection in between the last two surgeries. He had a much shorter preseason and had to play catchup on a lot of things.

Now contrast that with 2014 where he was participating in TC from the very first day on and then also played in the first game.

Seriously, sometimes people prefer to believe in some big controversy even though there are more obvious explanations. But sure go ahead and believe anonymous sources that dimwits like Breer or Mort have.
Just believe your own ears and eyes.

I remember the Gronkowski Return Rift (real or sensationalized) was widely reported at the time.

I do think that when it comes to playing "healthy", Gronk is the final decision maker- not the team and I don't blame him one bit for taking that position.

He played on an shredded ankle in the Super Bowl.

He played with a broken arm vs HOU that clearly he should not have.

I'm sure he has played hurt, sick, etc when he should not have.

Gronk is not JD Drew but as he gets older and wants to try and earn that 3rd contract, he needs to be smart.

On one hand, that what NFL'ers do for their teammates and the people who pay their salary.

On the other hand, they have a responsibility to their career and earning potential.

It's a delicate balance.

Last edited:
I do think that when it comes to playing "healthy", Gronk is the final decision maker- not the team and I don't blame him one bit for taking that position.

Gronk is not JD Drew but as he gets older and wants to try and earn that 2nd contract, he needs to be smart.

On one hand, that what NFL'ers do for their teammates and the people who pay their salary.

On the other hand, they have a responsibility to their career and earning potential.

It's a delicate balance.
Gronk is on his second contract.

If he is cleared to play and chooses not to play during an HFA run on a slam dunk SB opp year dock his game checks. period.

Gronk is not JD Drew but as he gets older and wants to try and earn that 2nd contract, he needs to be smart.

It's a delicate balance.
Best post in this entire thread. Not skewed horribly to one side like the rest.

It's Brock Osweiler, Supa!!! Brock!!! He's the NEW Peytie!!! Brockie!!! The orange goon gang is going beserk...Elway is selling Yugos wrapped in Hyundai bumpers and fenders to all the yahoos west of the Pecos...THEY BELIEVE!!

C'mon man...when Rivers gets up by 2 TD's, head of Brockoli isn't going to have any crooked refs to pull his azz out of the steamer.Yes, I'm saying the Donkos lose this game.
I would rate this "agree" "like" "winner" if I could. I do not understand the hyperbole that is Brock. If the Patriots had Edelman or Amendola they'd have won that game even with one of the refs trying to cover the spread. Harper a UDFA wouldn't have been back there and that punt wouldn't have been muffed. But if you want to go next level if Brady had Edelman, Amendola, and Lewis at the skill positions and Solder and Vollmer at the tackles the Patriots would have won that game by 30 points. Truth is of they had just Aaron Dobson out there they'd have likely won by 10 points.

Brock wasn't impressive at all in my opinion. He took his team out of field goal range like he just got drafted on the second drive of the game. He got picked off by a DL even though he is 6'8". The guy reminded me of half a Bledsoe on Bledsoe worst day.

If he is cleared to play and chooses not to play during an HFA run on a slam dunk SB opp year dock his game checks. period.
My bad on the contract.

I'm not sure he has any reason to trust the pats doctors given the lousy medical advice that Dr. Gill gave the team in the past. I know Gill is gone but still...

Yeah, I recall him going off on another female reporter a couple years back. Settle down there Bill.
:rolleyes: Look, I agree maybe he was unreasonable about the question, but this is nothing new for BB. The idea he'd treat the reporter any different if it was a guy or girl is kind of ridiculous. He's a prick at most pressers. You think if it was Sal Pal instead of Michelle Steele he'd actually want to talk about this? lol.

:rolleyes: Look, I agree maybe he was unreasonable about the question, but this is nothing new for BB. The idea he'd treat the reporter any different if it was a guy or girl is kind of ridiculous. He's a prick at most pressers. You think if it was Sal Pal instead of Michelle Steele he'd actually want to talk about this? lol.
We're onto Philly would have been better..but I don't have a problem with how he was.

No, and that's not what I said.

No, and that's not what I said.
If I misinterpreted your point I apologize. I was listening to WEEI dissect all this like he pledged allegiance to ISIS and I kind of lost it. Shouldn't have taken it out on you.

Let's not forget that Gronk didn't break or tear anything. As far as this particular injury goes, being 100% means pain free. That's all. he doesn't have limited range of mobility, plates/screwed inserted, stapled ligaments repaired, etc. etc..... we got super lucky with his injury.

Essentially, with strong enough pain killers, he could play tomorrow. I think both Gronk and the team are just playing smoke and mirrors, and we'll see him back sooner than we anticipate. I wouldn't be shocked to see him practice (limited) this week, questionable for the Eagles, and active for Houston.

Yea I'm getting a different sense than some in this thread on this.. some are speculating and spinning a controversy, but after Bill's response to media in a press conference about it I think they're just going to screw with other teams and the media until they feel he's ready

I was at the Miami game in 2012 that ended the season. He essentially played that game with one arm he was nursing the repaired one so much. Then two weeks later he rebroke it. Hopefully this is him acknowledging and the team that he will get as close to 100% by playoff time.

In 2012, he was presumably cleared by the Patriot doctors to come back, and then he re-broke his arm two weeks later. That could have been a coincidence or unavoidable, but one could easily surmise that he was cleared by the team to come back too soon, and importantly that was a bad thing not only for him personally but also for the team (who lost Gronk for the playoffs).

It wouldn't be shocking if Gronk (or team-Gronk) has decided to be a little careful and make sure he is healed before returning, and try to avoid a re-injury to the knee so that he will be available for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents