PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respect Dennard

THere are 40 or so other guys to fill that role.
Not Dennard is my point.

From a fans point of view, perfect world, yes. But he was right there and he stepped up, along with Gregory. DB's gotta stick together.

Do you expect him to say 'woah, I have a hearing coming up, I should stay out of this.'?

The Jets are lucky this is Montreal because 60% of their O-Line would have been arrested by Le Police.

This defense needs to return to the days of nastiness, and it doesn't have a Mankins out there to make sure it happens. I wish this team had a true badass in the front seven but, if it's going to be Dennard who's this team's Cox/McGinest, so be it.

Mangold diving for Talib's knees was stupid. I'm sure Talib's dancing was pissing him off but whatever.

What Dancing?!?!?!?!??! Please, Mr. Mayock.... tell me where the dancing was?

He spun out of bounds. That's it. Please don't repeat something just because Mayock said it.
You live in a fantasy world if you think anything that goes down after a penalty like that will stop the penalty from happening again. It's stupid thug mentality.

Let the NFL flag him, let the NFL fine him nothing else good can come of it. What are you going to do, punch a guy wearing pads and a helmet who weighs 150 lbs more than you?
The same thing happened with Clay Mathews and Joe Staley on Sunday. ...

No, its not a thug mentality. It's a "stand up for our teammates" mentality.

It's football code.

and once again, Dennard didn't throw a punch. But he didn't stand around idly or walk by like nothing happened either.

We definitely need more players with his fire and tenacity. Mangold took a cheap shot at Talib and he let him have it.

To be honest, when I saw the replay all I could think of was, dude, you got a court date in a couple days, take it easy! :)

Dennard has been great these past 2 weeks.

This defense needs to return to the days of nastiness, and it doesn't have a Mankins out there to make sure it happens. I wish this team had a true badass in the front seven but, if it's going to be Dennard who's this team's Cox/McGinest, so be it.

You don't feel that Spikes is that guy at the moment, Deus? Just curious.

I personally feel that Spikes is a great run stuffer but has other issues that hold him back from being a "great" LB, but I'd probably consider him to be a badass. Unfortunately he doesn't really play the leadership role nearly as well as the other 2 players that you listed, so that may be why you feel that way.

I definitely don't think it's Hightower, who in my opinion has a longer way to go both as a badass and as an actual LB.

Dennard has been great these past 2 weeks.

If he didn't look good against the Jets and Bills, then we would have problems. He did what was expected of him.

He spun out of bounds. That's it. Please don't repeat something just because Mayock said it.

After watching this incredibly boring game for 3+ hours, and listening to the incessant babble of Mayock and his cohort..

Thought the dancing comments were completely idiotic... imo he was taking time off of the clock..

People need to think. Dennard is on the cusp of mussing games and beyond that not being in the NFL. The kid has self-control problems. He is one Patriot who needs to leave the enforcer role to others.

An "Enforcer-role" is a hockey position. Not football.

If you want to enforce something in football; you wait til the next play-starting whistle (and do it while the refs are busy watching 21 other guys :D)

You don't feel that Spikes is that guy at the moment, Deus? Just curious.

I personally feel that Spikes is a great run stuffer but has other issues that hold him back from being a "great" LB, but I'd probably consider him to be a badass. Unfortunately he doesn't really play the leadership role nearly as well as the other 2 players that you listed, so that may be why you feel that way.

I definitely don't think it's Hightower, who in my opinion has a longer way to go both as a badass and as an actual LB.

I don't think Spikes is on the field enough to be the guy. He's got the mean streak, but when he's playing less than half the time, he can't be the one the defense relies on.

You're probably one of those people who condone our players standing around doing nothing while this happens.

We should do the stepping up on the field?

GTFO of here. There was approximately 37 seconds left in the game and the only play left was a kneel down.

You need to be the one to GTFO of here. Seriously. You are one of the worst posters to have graces this board.

As for what happened in Detroit, the fact you're upset over that is laughable. Seriously. Get your head out of your rear end so that you don't stink so much when you post.

And YES, you do the stepping up ON THE FIELD. Anyone who has played a physical sport like hockey, football or rugby knows that. You don't do idiot things that could land your team (or yourself in hot water).

Too bad none of them have filled that role.

So I was happy to see Dennard step up.

270lbs Hightower walked by like nothing happened.

Again, you're talking out your rear end. Hightower did nothing of the sort. But far be it from you to actually acknowledge that Hightower was in the middle of the scrum.

You're 100% wrong.

Please don't repeat something just because Mayock said it.

Don't take this the wrong way but shut the **** up I hate you. I reach my own conclusions. Talib was being cute trying to score a TD just get out of bounds so we can secure a win rather than risking injury or turnover.

You don't set a tone after the whistle happens only dumb **** happens after the whistle. The football world doesn't work the way you think it does especially because any number of those guys we're supposed to stand up to will probably be on a different team or maybe even our team next year.

What is Mangold going to think? "Better not dive at someone's knees again because a 180 lb guy might come slap me on the shoulder pads?"

Get real. This macho bull**** is for teams like the Titans when they had Cortland Finnegan.

He's the ONLY guy on our team who had the balls to step up to Mangold after that dirty hit aimed at Talibs knee.

Hightower waltzed by Mangold without saying a peep.

Not sure about the rest, but from the quick look I got it seems Dennard was the only guy who said anything. And it went from there...

After seeing our team get bullied in the playoffs for the past 5 years or so, and seeing Brady get shoved around in Pre-season by some nobody on the Lions....

It's finally good to see someone on our team stepping up.

If all those sissies that play NFL football for the Patriots had balls like you we'd be going places.:rolleyes:
You must be a very proud internet tough guy.

Again, you're talking out your rear end. Hightower did nothing of the sort. But far be it from you to actually acknowledge that Hightower was in the middle of the scrum.

You're 100% wrong.

Even if Hightower had walked by, who's to say he wasn't saying something to Mangold or someone else while walking off? It's impossible to know how everything happened without having the sound too. It's totally possible he said something like "nice cheap shot, d***head" and was walking off not thinking it was going to be a scrum. He was involved in said scrum though.

Hightower is one of the more quiet guys in terms of body language on the defense though. He's a presence, but I don't think I've ever seen him get in someones face after a play like Mayo, Spikes, or Talib will.

He didn't throw any punches, the Jets players did.

Dennard just walked up to Mangold and pointed his finger at him, telling him off. Not only was Mangolds hit late, but it was directly at Talibs knee. As dirty as your can get.

Deserves a team fine? Are you kidding me? Go watch ballet.

Oh, he pointed a finger at him, surely teams will think twice now, fearing that kind of retribution.

I think that kind of cheap shot does justify a response, but one that falls short of drawing a penalty or getting fined. Even BB was chewing Mangold out, so apparently he agrees.

If being an "Enforcer" means making stupid decisions that hurt the team just to swat someone on the side of their helmet, then let the Detroit Lions have them.

Blowing someone up later with a clean hit as retribution for a cheap shot is perfectly acceptable in my book though.

I think that kind of cheap shot does justify a response, but one that falls short of drawing a penalty or getting fined. Even BB was chewing Mangold out, so apparently he agrees.

If being an "Enforcer" means making stupid decisions that hurt the team just to swat someone on the side of their helmet, then let the Detroit Lions have them.

Blowing someone up later with a clean hit as retribution for a cheap shot is perfectly acceptable in my book though.

This post. Read it, absorb its wisdom. Learn from it and grow as a person.

The same thing happened with Clay Mathews and Joe Staley on Sunday. ...

No, its not a thug mentality. It's a "stand up for our teammates" mentality.

It's football code.

and once again, Dennard didn't throw a punch. But he didn't stand around idly or walk by like nothing happened either.
Let's see. Dennard says to himself " I have a hearing coming up, if the DA uses this tape to show I'm aggressive and can't control myself, we'll just argue it was the "football code" that made me do it.":eek:

The point of my objection to your stupid thread is that anyone else, including the fans remaining in the stadium, could have done that. But seeing the trouble that Dennard is facing he should have put the "football code" away and got as far away from that action as he could.

I bet that BB and Bob Kraft who are spending resources to help him out might agree with what I'm saying. The moment I saw him either throw his punch or point his finger really hard and fast, I yelled "gt the hell out of there".

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back