PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Resetting for day 2 of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you evaluate Okoronkwo?

I personally have him down at this moment as a pure pass rusher, but he can also drop into coverage at times, and tends to be very good against pass catching backs as well.

Has move moves than Landry does when rushing!

No Hurst is insanely talented. Size is a question. I hope that kid turns into something

I think DE is less of a need than most others seem to, with Wise being a year on, Rivers back from injury, Clayborn, Flowers, Lee, and Keointa Davis, I think we have decent depth. Although it could always do with strengthening.

But for me, LB has to be priority. We have no depth there, and Hightower and Van Noy are injury prone. I'm convinced we would've taken Evans if Tennessee hadn't snatched him. So I'd be plenty happy to see us reach for Warner, Jewell, Jefferson or Leonard. I'd also be very happy if we landed Ronnie Harrison or Justin Reid, so we'd never have to see Jordan Richards again. And there's a number of really good corners still available.
Yes, I really liked Evans. When he was interviewed on the Red Carpet (I admit it, I watched t Red Carpet but only to eyeball girl friends and young mothers) he seemed so mature and poised compared to most of the players.

I suspect that Belichick might need to move if there is a defensive player that he has rated clearly above the rest. It is time for a run on defense, although an OL or two is still likely.

As has been said, it would hard for Bleichick to pass on Daniels at 43. Wynn, Daniels and Michel might mean another year for Brady.

Yes, I really liked Evans. When he was interviewed on the Red Carpet (I admit it, I watched t Red Carpet but only to eyeball girl friends and young mothers) he seemed so mature and poised compared to most of the players.

And when he was drafted it looked like he was all "dang, I thought I was going to NE"

After Evans was gone, I was hoping that BB would trade out of 23. after he took Wynn, then I was really hoping that he would have traded out of 23. The Pats now have 43, 63, and what 95 for tonight and then the draft is basically over for them. 6th and 7th round picks rarely make the team, and if they do, they have no impact. Of course, there are a few exceptions, Landon Roberts was a 6th round pick, and he is the starting LB (Scary, I know) and of course, Edleman.

I would have liked BB to have traded down from 23 in the first round and picked up a 4th round pick, or taken multiple second rounders. The funny thing is, he most likely still could have drafted Wynn with any of those picks.

I love the Sony Michel pick, he has been my binky all along. I feel he will be great with the Pats.

I would love to see the Georgia theme going and the Pats pick up Lorenzo Carter at 43 (if he is still there), if not, at least someone can has a chance to develop into a decent defensive player.

The Patriots of today, are a much worse team than the one that got destroyed in the Superbowl (by a back-up QB). They are minus Solder and Butler. Michel is an improvement over Lewis. If they have to put Wynn out there at tackle, then you better hope they draft a QB, because Brady won't survive.

Somehow people are convinced that the addition of the other McCourty (a guy who was going to get cut from a 0-16 team) is a good move. If he is playing, then the Pats are in trouble.

Right now the Pats defense is:

Flowers, Shelton, Brown, Clayborn subs Guy, Butler, Valentine
Hightower, Van Noy, Roberts subs Flowers
Gilmore, Rowe, McCourty, Chung subs Jones(es), McCourty, Richards

This defense, is slightly better than the one that Foles destroyed, if Hightower gets hurt, you might as well start tanking the season.

A first round of Evans and Michel would have been perfect. I think when the Cowboys took Vanden Esch, that screwed up the Pats back-up plans if Evans wasn't there, and they are trying to save face with this "we wanted Wynn the whole time" but that clearly makes no sense.

The Titans used picks #25 and #215 to jump ahead of the Pats, so the Pats could have easily had Evans in exchange for pick #23 and #198 or even #210. What are the chances that any of those 6th rounders even make the Pats?

OK, picks that I would like to see in rounds 2-3:

Lorenzo Carter, EDGE Georgia
Sam Hubbard, DE Ohio ST.
Arden Key, DE LSU
Malik Jefferson, LB Texas

Maybe BB can move Gillislee, Britt, Dorsett and grab some more picks.

We shall see, I'm guessing that instead BB will overdraft a special teams player.

I think I’m warming up to Daniels and just having the best OL talent in the league through 2020+ as long as we can get a LB at 63.

trade down and a QB of choice would make my day

but trade down values are so low in this draft after top 20 that could hardly make sense
still it would be nice to pick at least one 4th rounder

Lombardi certainly nailed his demarcation line. Agreed w BGC that it is quite a haul they could get two blue chip players at #23 and #31 in this class.

Pretty similar value prospects from here to 100-150 and all the way to UDFA at some positions (WR,CB)

After Evans was gone, I was hoping that BB would trade out of 23. after he took Wynn, then I was really hoping that he would have traded out of 23. The Pats now have 43, 63, and what 95 for tonight and then the draft is basically over for them. 6th and 7th round picks rarely make the team, and if they do, they have no impact. Of course, there are a few exceptions, Landon Roberts was a 6th round pick, and he is the starting LB (Scary, I know) and of course, Edleman.

I would have liked BB to have traded down from 23 in the first round and picked up a 4th round pick, or taken multiple second rounders. The funny thing is, he most likely still could have drafted Wynn with any of those picks.

I love the Sony Michel pick, he has been my binky all along. I feel he will be great with the Pats.

I would love to see the Georgia theme going and the Pats pick up Lorenzo Carter at 43 (if he is still there), if not, at least someone can has a chance to develop into a decent defensive player.

The Patriots of today, are a much worse team than the one that got destroyed in the Superbowl (by a back-up QB). They are minus Solder and Butler. Michel is an improvement over Lewis. If they have to put Wynn out there at tackle, then you better hope they draft a QB, because Brady won't survive.

Somehow people are convinced that the addition of the other McCourty (a guy who was going to get cut from a 0-16 team) is a good move. If he is playing, then the Pats are in trouble.

This defense, is slightly better than the one that Foles destroyed, if Hightower gets hurt, you might as well start tanking the season.

A first round of Evans and Michel would have been perfect. I think when the Cowboys took Vanden Esch, that screwed up the Pats back-up plans if Evans wasn't there, and they are trying to save face with this "we wanted Wynn the whole time" but that clearly makes no sense.

The Titans used picks #25 and #215 to jump ahead of the Pats, so the Pats could have easily had Evans in exchange for pick #23 and #198 or even #210. What are the chances that any of those 6th rounders even make the Pats?

Sam Hubbard, DE Ohio ST.
Arden Key, DE LSU

We shall see, I'm guessing that instead BB will overdraft a special teams player.

Out of the four, I would hope it's Carter. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Hubbard here. He's a prototype Patriot. Very workmanlike and even has a Lacrosse history.

Sam Hubbard, DE Ohio ST.
Arden Key, DE LSU

You keep saying that about Wynn, but so many top 100's (heck, top 15's) I saw had him going long before 23.

DE/OLB Lorenzo Carter - Georgia
OLB Harold Landry - BC
LB Genard Avery - Memphis
QB Mike White - Western Kentucky
S Ronnie Harrison - Alabama
CB Donte Jackson - LSU
WR Cortland Sutton - SMU
CB Isaiah Oliver - Colorado
DE Sam Hubbard - Ohio State
DT Harrison Phillips - Stanford
DT Tim Settle - VaTech
DT Maurice Hurst - Michigan
TE Dallas Goedert - South Dakota
TE Mark Andrews - Oklahoma
RB Nick Chubb - Georgia

Last edited:
Daniels is great. It would be hard to hate that pick.

So, just a thought: IF they're going after SF's tackle, and IF they really were looking at moving up for Ragnow, is it possible that one of Thuney/Mason/Wynn plays center?

Hurst, Reid and Josh Jackson would be hard to pass up. I'm not as big on Hubbard
as some of you. I think J. Holmes might be a better pro. Malik Jefferson is still there.

Can I have a Day 2 of; Jackson, Jefferson and PJ Hall?

Many of us wanted the 23rd pick to be Evans, but to put it simple, BB just didn't value him that highly. Make no mistake, I think that Caserio kinda confirmed that Evans would've been the pick if the Titans wouldn't have traded up. But look back at the 2012 draft, where BB 2 times moved up just to get his guys (Chandler Jones and Hightower) just to be sure they really get here. So I think Wynn was probably a 1b to Evans 1a. I mean relying on Van Noy and Hightower to be healthy all the time is playing russian roulette, but don't forget that the last great drafted LB was also an "overdrafted" 2nd rounder.

I get it, that SB loss still hurts, particularly when you remember just how pathetic the LBs /Safeties were ... but just trust BB to adress the issues, and start to complain after no starting caliber LB is drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents