PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Resetting for day 2 of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
good thinking

i have star S/LB & slot CB open as well, move TE could be one also (with Allen, Niklas solid competition for blocking TE).

Harrison made a lot of sense before Chung extension.
Tony Brown is intriguing but still raw.
Deep “hybrid“ class. maybe i post later.

Dawson was visiting so who knows what that was all about.
Just watching D.J.Reed - very intriguing. A bit smaller than Ryan but faster, more aggressive.
Toliver had a down yr but looked impressive at times in 2016 so there might be value. Both possibly Day 3 so after missing on Jaire, Hughes maybe best to adress this tomorrow and on Sunday of course!
Plenty of intriguing options later that Pats worked out: Crossen, Seisay,TSmith,
etc

the rest is future/depth i agree

above all developmental QB please
I’d like to see a corner at 43 if there is a worthy one.

My predictions for tonight ... same as last night:

Spots available that could be filled
Qb3
RB looks full
WR looks full
TE2 in round 2 TE3 competition in any round
OL looks full
DE2/3 in round 2. DE competition in any round
DT2/3 in round 2. DT comp in any round
LB2/3 in round 2. LB depth/competition in any round
Cb2/3 in round 2 cb4/depth in any round
S4 in any round

my hope is for them to move 2/11 down enough to add a 3rd rounder to a late 2nd rounder

Lorenzo Carter
Malik Jefferson
PJ Hall

Malik Jefferson is a fellow Longhorn, so I saw him play. Massive talent, but a little underwhelming. Can disappear at times. Maybe he gets coached up here and can be a passable Jamie Collins.

Looks like in 2019 we will have two third round comp picks. Would we consider using our 2019 4th Round pick for a 3rd this year, or have i got this confused with something else?

Looks like in 2019 we will have two third round comp picks. Would we consider using our 2019 4th Round pick for a 3rd this year, or have i got this confused with something else?
You have to trade a 2019 2 to get a 2018 3.

Trading next year’s draft capital isn’t really a B.B. thing. More likely he just trades back from 43 and 63 to acquire more capital.

Haven't heard his name but Darius Leonard's a guy I like at LB.

So who are the top 5 best defensive players available that are applicable to the NEP scheme and preferred player profile?

Corner wise - I'd say Carlton Davis or Josh Jackson

DE/OLB - Harold Landry (Huge Fan) Lorenzo Carter

Landry I'm familiar with (BC football fan here). Love that kid. He was soooo good two years ago but the ankle injury really hampered him last year.

So who are the top 5 best defensive players available that are applicable to the NEP scheme and preferred player profile?

Justin Reid S
Ronnie Harrison S
Sam Hubbard De/LB
Lorenzo Carter DE/LB
Isaiah Oliver CB
Josh Sweat DE/LB
Rasheem Green DE

In terms of scheme fit, I think those are the best defensive matches but who knows.

I know you asked for 5 but heres a few more I expect are in the convo.
(CB)Oliver, Meeks, Dawson (RUSH) Sweat, Hubbard, Ejoifor, Nwosu, Turay, (S) Reid, Bates, Sruikshank, (DL) Bryan, Hill, Spederd

Malik Jefferson is a fellow Longhorn, so I saw him play. Massive talent, but a little underwhelming. Can disappear at times. Maybe he gets coached up here and can be a passable Jamie Collins.

Screw that. Having to work to get the talent out of the player. I’ll take the kid griffin who I know will bring it every down and will also help out on special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back