PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF are you talking about?

Maybe he hit the send button Wednesday or Thursday and it finally went through?

Aren’t all contracts “exclusive employment”..?

I believe if Caserio and the Texans each pushed this to the max, they’d get their way (all the “league hates us” people should probably go along with that belief). I am glad it is not going to come to that.
That assume Caserio and the Texans are on the same side. There is zero evidence (other than speculation among those such as Volin) to support that assumption.

You assume the Patriots simply didn’t do their homework regarding league rules on contracts. A truly sound assumption given Belichick's well known lack of attention to detail. You also assume Caserio wants to leave, with absolutely nothing to support it.
The Patriots did their homework on Spygate. How’d that work out for them against an agenda-driven commissioner?

Btw, please read my posts in full before responding. I have stated time and time again that I am speaking hypothetically based on the hypothetical assumption of Caserio wanting to leave. I have stated multiple times
we do not know what he wants and that the matter is closed for this season.

Last edited:
Goody or the US Supreme Court. All depends how far Bob and Goody want to take it.
And of those 2 parties, which one has the history of backing down and which one has the history of going to court time and time again until he finally gets his way?

Hypothetically Nick can sue the Patriots in an attempt to get out of the deal but he has a .00000001% chance of actually winning. He signed it and wasn't under duress when he did. He was also compensated handsomely so good luck finding a sympathetic judge.
And good luck finding a judge who would overrule the commissioner’s authority in this matter. If Caserio and the Texans appealed to Goodell (which I know is not going to happen but I am speaking hypothetically) and Goodell rules Caserio is free to go, the Patriots have a .000000001% chance of suing and actually winning in federal court.

They would literally have to find a judge who believed both (A) the commissioner doesn’t have the authority to rule on this issue and (B) the ruling Goodell made was the wrong one. So it would probably be less than .000000001% chance of NE winning in federal court.

Last edited:
That assume Caserio and the Texans are on the same side. There is zero evidence (other than speculation among those such as Volin) to support that assumption.
My “if” statement doesn’t assume anything. That’s kind of what the word “if” means.

We know things are not going to go any further at this point. ***IF*** it did, I wouldn’t like the Patriots’ chances.

Wby would he want to work under Obrein vs Belichick.
Makes no sense

Plenty of reasons.

1. Same offense. Caserio is already set up to find players that fit that scheme.
2. Obviously Caserio and BOB have a good relationship and can trust each other.
3. Caserio walks in and gets complete control over the draft and FA decisions with no objections by BOB.
4. The AFCS is wide open with no dominant team like the Steelers, Pats and now Chiefs.
5. Watson is young and could very well be the best QB in that division. Luck is a Choker getting long in the tooth.

Casario will be the Pats GM for the 2020 season because Kraft and BB dont want to lose him.

There is your answer when BB is stepping away. Super Bowl or bust.

Or just started reading the thread without reading the day’s news and responded to something on page 1 (of 23)?

Yes. I'm late to the party here.

Well if a guy has one foot out the door, it’s tough not to be thinking about that next assignment. It’s really just human nature, even if it isn’t being deliberately done.

I wasn't invited to those discussions...therefor I cannot claim Nick has "one foot out the door".

This. Well, I’m not saying I agree he’d fire O’Brien but yes, Caserio would be the boss. On most teams the GM is the boss.

We’re all just speculating on all this, but what really needs to be considered is something none of us know: What does Caserio want? Would he rather be the #2 guy on a stable championship contender, or does he feel he’s accomplished all that he can here in NE and that he wants the challenge of being the #1 guy, albeit in with far less stable franchise? If he wants to be #1, is he willing to wait for Belichick to retire or does he want to strike while the iron is hot?

These are things which we simply don’t know and can’t know. I guess we will find out in about 9 months or so.

Again, BOB currently has the power in Houston. He won't cede anything to Caserio. I fail to understand why Caserio would want to go play second fiddle to BOB and the unstable Texan organization.

Again, BOB currently has the power in Houston. He won't cede anything to Caserio. I fail to understand why Caserio would want to go play second fiddle to BOB and the unstable Texan organization.
Exactly what I have been saying.

The texans have one of the best squads in the league on paper, coaching is the reason they haven't gotten farther then they have.So is the gripe that the gm hasn't found a good coach, becuase hes drafted well.

Once again Bob shows he is woefully naive and thinks everyone is playing nice while they put a knife in his back. Keep showing how you are above the fray, Bob. Dropping those tampering charges was a really good idea. Glad to see you learned your lesson after 2015 when it was revealed the 31 are a bunch of ruthless ****roaches.

The texans have one of the best squads in the league on paper, coaching is the reason they haven't gotten farther then they have.So is the gripe that the gm hasn't found a good coach, becuase hes drafted well.
The Texans have had a horrid offensive line for Obie's entire tenure, despite this they have done nothing to address it until this offseason.

The draft just passed and they took two OT's, it's a good thing, Watson was sacked 62 times last season... somebody over in Houston's front office deserved to be fired.

How do you go 5 years with one of the worst OLines in the NFL and not recognize or diagnose the problem and fix it?

The last 2 years they would have been dangerous with a good O line, it was a failure by Obie and his personnel department.

The Texans have had a horrid offensive line for Obie's entire tenure, despite this they have done nothing to address it until this offseason.

The draft just passed and they took two OT's, it's a good thing, Watson was sacked 62 times last season... somebody over in Houston's front office deserved to be fired.

How do you go 5 years with one of the worst OLines in the NFL and not recognize or diagnose the problem and fix it?

The last 2 years they would have been dangerous with a good O line, it was a failure by Obie and his personnel department.
Ok, that answers it. Some teams just can't find players for an area of need. For years green bay had the same issue, horrible o-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News