PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I apologize to every woman who posts here...I should have stated "he's a little 5 year old girl trapped in a man's body" even though THAT is insulting to little girls everywhere in the six state region
No sweat, it’s not Patsfans members value political correctness!:D

hmmmmmmm

Time for the front office version of "We're on to Cincinnati" maybe?

That's exactly what we got. We're on to this year. Don't ask me about the past or next year (which is exactly the right answer).

My problem with this whole scenario is the Texans' bush league tactics. If they wanted Caserio why not seek to interview him right before or after the Super Bowl when it was legal and/or reasonable to do so? Of course, I'll answer my own question and say it was to screw with the Patriots as much as possible. It's a win/win situation for them. Either the Pats are going to refuse the interview, which will probably piss off Caserio and prime him to be out the door here sooner rather than later (either quitting in a huff now, or "definitely" becoming a free agent next year [I'll show them!]), or they'll hit the jackpot if the Pats feel they can't refuse and get a fantastic exec with all of the knowledge of the king of the league, for THIS YEAR no less. The league is certainly not going to do anything to protect the Patriots. Caserio should be pissed too, although I don't know if he is. They put him in a bad position, and if they really wanted him now, they should have done things the right way. I'd think long and hard about going there in the future.

If I'm BB, I am plotting some big time revenge against those pissants from Houston...

It's a win/win situation for them.

I wouldn't call it a win/win. They have one year without a GM, and if they crash, Bill O'Brien's out on his ear, and the primary motivator who would've worked with Caserio's gone.

Seems more like a 'high risk/uncertain reward' situation.

If I'm BB, I am plotting some big time revenge against those pissants from Houston...

If the snippets we've heard regarding Easterby approaching Caserio at the ring ceremony are true I'd definitely expect some scorched earth down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes