PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say my future descent has been an accumulation of bad thoughts, misjudgments and misdeeds. Luckily no one aside from myself has been physically hurt in the making of this movie, though the toll has been exhausting. The unsound, unthinking pranks while at UNH alone paid for entry into H-E-double toothpicks.
Well, while there seem to be a few parallels to our histories and, likely, futures, some sort of geographical connection seemingly existed: UNH, Durham and Saint Anselm, Manchester...

Interesting....Ben Volin suggested today that Patriots could trade Caserio to Houston in February. What? After he knows all of the Patriots draft rankings and free agency plans, but before the draft or free agency? Did that not strike him as nuts?

Would not be surprised if Volin didn't notice yet that there is going to be a draft next year. I mean his Google alerts will not get many hits on that yet.

You are expecting that Volin thought that through.
The other day I asked Chris Price what the other writers thought of Ben Volin. He responded with an "I mind my own business" reply that told me nothing.

Well while going through a Bedard Q&A session on BSJ, he was a lot less circumspect.
He was asked his thoughts on the Globe's reporting and the issue of opinion vs "reporting". Here's his terse and unambiguous response.

"Look at the “writer” and his track record. There are people who know what they’re doing, and those who don’t and try to look like they do."

While I don't agree with everything that Bedard writes, I think he nailed it on this issue. Really quite telling. No love lost there,

BTW- thanks Captain. I now have the technical knowledge to rid myself of Ben Volin forever. Though I still think it SHOULDN'T be an optional thing, . ;)

Apologies if already posted.

hmmmmmmm

Time for the front office version of "We're on to Cincinnati" maybe?

hmmmmmmm

I think so too. Bill said yesterday the whole Texans/Caserio deal was , "Water under the bridge" so IMO it's very PR savvy to put Nick front and center have the idiots like Volin report him answering/non-answering/deflect any questions about his current and future employment with the club.

hmmmmmmm

It's Ben Volin. He probably misheard them say tomorrow's Caserio's turn to be available to get the medium decafs.

I think so too. Bill said yesterday the whole Texans/Caserio deal was , "Water under the bridge" so IMO it's very PR savvy to put Nick front and center have the idiots like Volin report him answering/non-answering/deflect any questions about his current and future employment with the club.
Volin is SUCH an idiot! IIRC Caserio has spoken to the media several times over the course of a season. Only Volin would make up this "once a year" crap to make a Patriot's press release seem like he got some kind of scoop. :rolleyes:

First of all loyalty is a big deal to Belichick, as Fredo Mangini found out the hard way. Second, as others have pointed out, there is no way Belichick keeps Caserio around to follow all the Patriots front office moves and plans for the next offseason only to watch him leave for Houston. Third, the “ trade Caserio for Clowney “ crap is as dumb as it can possibly get.

Volin is SUCH an idiot! IIRC Caserio has spoken to the media several times over the course of a season. Only Volin would make up this "once a year" crap to make a Patriot's press release seem like he got some kind of scoop. :rolleyes:

He's not known as Trollin' Volin for nothing ;)

Now you all know why I hated this jerkoff since he first appeared on our screens here in N.E. He should have stayed in Palm Beach with his Patriot hater agenda

"I’m Ben Volin, the Globe’s new national NFL writer and the guy charged with the tough task of having to replace Greg Bedard, who as you know did fantastic work for the Globe the last few years.

I’m new to the Boston area, but maybe not to you folks reading the blog. I come to the Globe after spending the last eight years at the Palm Beach Post, including the last three as their Dolphins writer. I also “red-shirted” on the Dolphins beat in 2007-08, so I’ve seen plenty of Patriots-Dolphins games over the years – the Patriots’ multitude of blowout wins, and the Dolphins’ “Wildcat” win at Gillette in 2008."

Why this azzole was EVER given a spot here in NE at the Globe is a total mystery to me.

Why this azzole was EVER given a spot here in NE at the Globe is a total mystery to me.

John Henry owns the Globe.

The Sox ownership don't seem to be all that friendly with the Patriots ownership, players aside.

I don't think it's a -total- mystery.

We do know why...because he fits in with the overall negative agenda towards the Pats by the BG. Think about the job interview and the chatter afterwards. “This guy is an absolute moron. He’ll say the stupidest **** about the Patriots that no one else could even conceive not even that one note Shaughnessy.”

Is it really?

021914soxms26.jpg

It's fascinating to see so much talk about a trolling writer. He appears to know what he's doing.

The reason I posted "why?" was rhetorical. I KNOW why. How Henry and the Globe thought this was somehow going to go unnoticed amongst the Pats fanbase speaks to the arrogance, the utter hubris of the Globe and by extension, John Henry.

What I do know is these threads and these posts are easily found in Google as soon as they post online. This fat scumbag with the clown wig hairdo has known all along what we think of him and what we know about him, yet he persists in his idiocy and deliberate obnoxiousness by remaining as part of the media HERE.He's a gutless puke and will NEVER show his face on the concourse at a Pats game because he's a total woman trapped in a man's body.THIS is how warped all the winning by our Pats has made certain thin skinned, moronic press personalities in this town.

and I apologize to every woman who posts here...I should have stated "he's a little 5 year old girl trapped in a man's body" even though THAT is insulting to little girls everywhere in the six state region

We do know why...because he fits in with the overall negative agenda towards the Pats by the BG. Think about the job interview and the chatter afterwards. “This guy is an absolute moron. He’ll say the stupidest **** about the Patriots that no one else could even conceive not even that one note Shaughnessy.”
Only someone with their head in the sand would deny the existence of an anti-Pats sentiment at the Globe. It's Volin, Shank, Gasper, even
Ryan (part time now) and others. But, there's a new crew.there that supports the Patriots and opposes the old guard, often openly. It's Jim McBride, Chad Finn, Nora Princiotti, Tara Sullivan and others who write good stuff that's honest. I think the old crew members resent them, but the young 'uns don't seem to care. Good for them.

Only someone with their head in the sand would deny the existence of an anti-Pats sentiment at the Globe. It's Volin, Shank, Gasper, even
Ryan (part time now) and others. But, there's a new crew.there that supports the Patriots and opposes the old guard, often openly. It's Jim McBride, Chad Finn, Nora Princiotti, Tara Sullivan and others who write good stuff that's honest. I think the old crew members resent them, but the young 'uns don't seem to care. Good for them.
Oh, and while I'm at it, Tom E. Curran (formerly Prentice McCray on this forum), whom generally I really like, is into his biennial anti-Belichick mode. It's maddening and disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes