PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots sign WR Marqise Lee to 1-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 750yard receiver before injury. Blew out all the L's, his ACL MCL etc. If anything I'll be glad if the Pats don't blow another WR pick this year based on McDaniels.

With the Pat's cap situation this is like a broke college kid buying Aldi's version of fruit loops and hoping that it doesn't suck...

Distressed property buy. As long as there's not much real guarantee money involved, it's a nice move, because it's harmless.

And people wonder why Brady bolted
Just kidding
upload_2020-4-23_12-26-6.jpeg

You keep saying this but none of this is true. They have still 1-2 months to sign the drafted players and depending on how they use their draft picks I doubt that they will need more than 2m to sign them all since the rule of 51 is still in effect.

Similarly, because of the top 51 situation only players that get a contract with a charge bigger than 1.9m will actually hit the cap. There is no problem at all grabbing players on a minimum contract because they fall below the top 51.
Thank you for detailing this.

This is a good signing. Leading receiver on that 2017 Jaguars team whose career looked like it was on an upward trajectory until it got kicked off the rails by recurring injuries. Of note is that he was one of the better blocking receivers in the league when he was healthy. Can play in the slot and outside. With Edelman, Sanu, Meyers, and Lee they have a lot of guys who profile in the short to intermediate range. Harry's role is still up in the air. Byrd's fine as a downfield guy but hopefully they add someone in the draft. Ruggs would be a dream but someone like Gabriel Davis would make sense early on Day 3.

Lee's snakebitten but he was better than Sanu when he was healthy. He's only 28 and he's supposedly medically cleared, can't go wrong kicking the tires on the cheap.

Geez. 4 pages already on a player who’ll be on IR even before the cutdown to 53.

I fear Belichick is morphing into Al Davis right before our eyes - a highly successful, once visionary football genius who devolved into a joke. “Just win baby”.

Somehow I am guessing that in the grocery store Bill Belichick loves the scratch-n-dent discount table.

Sure, it's an off-brand ravioli. But it just has a little dent. It's only 35 cents! Will the kids know the difference?

:)

The cap situation sucks right now. BB is doing the best he can with what he has. This year's draft better be good. They need to find guys that can help in all three phases of the game.

So, we have our second round pick. Lee was the 39th pick in 2018. Seriously, this is a very low risk pick.

Geez. 4 pages already on a player who’ll be on IR even before the cutdown to 53.

I fear Belichick is morphing into Al Davis right before our eyes - a highly successful, once visionary football genius who devolved into a joke. “Just win baby”.

Belichick won the Super Bowl two years ago.

Were you making these same posts when they got cheap reclamation projects like Mike Vrabel, Rob Ninkovich, or Kyle Van Noy? (Of course you were.)

When healthy, he can return punts, so there's that. I don't see the downside on this one.

I like it...based on the fact that we fit him under our cap. Zero risk and plently of upside if it works out....the Jags signed him to a 4 yea/34M contract only 2 years ago....

I still think damaged goods but we'll see.

I mean you're free to go outside and ignore this whole forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back