PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots sign WR Marqise Lee to 1-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2001 - 2018 the Steelers have drafted 20 WR with 11 being in the first 3 rounds. Pats drafted 14 with 6 in first 3 rounds. Steelers have 6 hits while Pats have 3. About what you would expect based off of capital team spent.

What's your point?? The Steelers Draft WR's like the Patriots Draft CB's. Who had more success with actual Drafted players?? Not the Patriots but I'm sure you can see that. Brady ain't here to cover up BB's Draft flaws anymore.

PatsFan2 you are absolutely correct. The Steelers have consistently put up more points and receiving yards than the Pats year after year let alone victories so their approach to drafting is clearly much better. Oh wait - they actually have not outscored the Pats since 2005 despite using so much draft capital on WR's. Maybe BB is not quite as stupid as you think he is.

PatsFan2 you are absolutely correct. The Steelers have consistently put up more points and receiving yards than the Pats year after year let alone victories so their approach to drafting is clearly much better. Oh wait - they actually have not outscored the Pats since 2005 despite using so much draft capital on WR's. Maybe BB is not quite as stupid as you think he is.
PF2 is just a whiny *****. He thinks the better team is the one with the players with the better stats. Loser. He has nothing positive to say about this team and is projecting his life here. Its sad.

I do not believe that the Patriots have officially signed Lee yet. I say this because they had 75 people on the roster after the drafted and signed 15 UDFA.. That puts them at 90.

The UDFA have been confirmed by Patriots.Com. Lee has not been confirmed nor added to the roster there. It may still happen, but hasn't to this point

I do not believe that the Patriots have officially signed Lee yet. I say this because they had 75 people on the roster after the drafted and signed 15 UDFA.. That puts them at 90.

The UDFA have been confirmed by Patriots.Com. Lee has not been confirmed nor added to the roster there. It may still happen, but hasn't to this point

Davis has been waived, so the spot is there.

Ummm...actually, he is.
Captain Stoned .... WTF?
You have to question a GM who is satisfied with last year's group of wide receivers.
He has supplemented them with a bunch of veteran castoffs and short, unproven UDFAs.
We won't mention passing over many better prospects for his annual 2nd round binkie
defensive back and giving up a 5th round pick for an unranked kicker.

You have to question a GM who is satisfied with last year's group of wide receivers.
He has supplemented them with a bunch of veteran castoffs and short, unproven UDFAs.
We won't mention passing over many better prospects for his annual 2nd round binkie

It’s April.

It’s April.
I might be more inclined to agree with you if they had salary cap space.
All we may have to look forward to is seeing Thuney traded for salary
cap relief.

I might be more inclined to agree with you if they had salary cap space.
All we may have to look forward to is seeing Thuney traded for salary
cap relief.

We have $10M of cap room available through restructures and $7.5M - $15M from Thunk's con tract. that is not the issue.

PF2 is just a whiny *****. He thinks the better team is the one with the players with the better stats. Loser. He has nothing positive to say about this team and is projecting his life here. Its sad.

Erase the second sentence and just change the poster's username and you have accurately described another dozen or so Patsfans.com members.

We have $10M of cap room available through restructures and $7.5M - $15M from Thunk's con tract. that is not the issue.
If you look at the cap structure we will have many players under the 51 spot and could save as easily 5-7 mill at cutdown just by keeping the best 53

Let me think about this.
You disagree with Belichicks decisions and thinks he should have built a different roster.
Hmmmm do I trust your judgment or his?

Let me think about this.
You disagree with Belichicks decisions and thinks he should have built a different roster.
Hmmmm do I trust your judgment or his?
I vote for the former.

Lee was a beast at USC.

Going to the Jags ruined him. JAX seems to be a graveyard for offensive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News