PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots Sign Nick Caserio to Contract Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. You mean the Patsfans.com consensus was wrong again? I'm shocked I tell you.

I like this. Caserio does a lot for this team and has tonnes of experience. And rings.

He sure didnt get more dough because of his WR drafting

I am curious to know how they’ve gone from being arguably the best drafting team in the NFL from 2000-14 to the arguably the league’s worst drafting team from 2015-present. This isn’t an exaggeration. As good as they were for the fist 15 years, they’ve been that dismally bad for the last five. I don’t think you can chalk this up to bad luck or small sample size. It seems Belichick is countering that indeed, it is bad luck and small sample size, and they have the right personnel guys in place.
Their drafts from 2005-2009 were atrocious. Floyd Reese built the foundation for the next championship run. Their drafts have been subpar to say the least since he left.

Their drafts from 2005-2009 were atrocious. Floyd Reese built the foundation for the next championship run. Their drafts have been subpar to say the least since he left.
Isn't it kind of hard to have great drafts when always picking near the end of every round, year after year?

Isn't it kind of hard to have great drafts when always picking near the end of every round, year after year?

To repeat, yet again, draft order only matters until you make your first pick of the first round. Once you're making the pick, YOU have the best draft picks in the draft from then on.

Yes but it's just that 2nd friggin round.:eek:
Maybe we should trade out of it every year.

Surprised they haven't made him GM after like 15 years of loyal service

Great surprise

And first time I see a volin report that makes me happy

To repeat, yet again, draft order only matters until you make your first pick of the first round. Once you're making the pick, YOU have the best draft picks in the draft from then on.
Yeah...you know, Obama used to do that all the time. He’d say, “as I have said in the past…” or “as I’ve said many times…” as if that somehow made it more likely to be correct. It doesn’t. Your point may be good or it may be bad but you saying it before doesn’t mean anything.

Good news for New England fans. Sad news for Houston fans. Can’t believe mediocrity is so accepted by the owner. I’d be pissed if I were a Houston fan.

Hahhaa, S my D, Houston. Go ****ing find your own employees instead of poaching ours.

Patriots South wannabees.

Glad to read this. One less thing we have to worry about !

Yeah...you know, Obama used to do that all the time. He’d say, “as I have said in the past…” or “as I’ve said many times…” as if that somehow made it more likely to be correct. It doesn’t. Your point may be good or it may be bad but you saying it before doesn’t mean anything.

If I were saying it in order to buttress the authority, you'd have a point. However, since I'm merely pointing out that we've gone over this a million freakin' times, you don't. In this case, repetition is not needed to somehow prop up common sense. In this case, the hope is that people's use of common sense will allow me to avoid further repetition.

The reality of any straight (as in no messing with the order as rounds go by) is that the advantage that the first selectors gets applies specifically to their first pick. In other words, the Bengals get a huge advantage because they've got the first pick in the draft. BUT, once they've picked, they now have to wait until every other team selects, before it's their turn again, and they now have one fewer pick in the draft than every other team. In other words, the significance about a stagnant draft is that "best chance to have a great draft from here on out" slides from first to last as the earlier picks fall off the board.

The impact of draft position remains significant, because it determines who gets to choose from the largest pool of talent and, particularly, who gets to choose from those generally thought to be the likeliest prospects for superior careers. But just as the first pick of the draft is better than the second, so too is the 32nd pick in the draft better than the 33rd. Or, to put it in other words:

Only the Cardinals had the chance to drafty Kyler Murray, but all 32 NFL teams had (barring trades and lost picks) the chance to draft every single available player from N'Keal Harry (who was taken at #32) to Caleb Wilson (final pick in the draft).

I like this. Caserio does a lot for this team and has tonnes of experience. And rings.

Take your metric system propaganda and gtfo of here. He has tons of experience. What’s next - how many meters will the defense allow in 2020?

Take your metric system propaganda and gtfo of here. He has tons of experience. What’s next - how many meters will the defense allow in 2020?

DeFENSE DeFENSE DeFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey