PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Report: Patriots Acquire DeVante Parker from Dolphins

This move means Agholor is definitely getting traded, cut or forced to take a pay cut. Can't have what is now your 3rd/4th receiver having a $15m cap hit. I'd obviously also look to dump Harry for anything I could get. Would be happy with a 6th or maybe a player for player swap.
Nah, more like the end of Harry?

-----------

Last edited:
Interesting mostly for how little care the Dolphins had here. They dumped a guy who'd have been their WR3 or WR4, in division, for what is, when we do the 1 round adjustment for years, a one round trade up.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the trade, and I like Parker. Good size and hands. I wish they would’ve found a way to dump Harry in the trade. Parker’s best year was in 2019. Hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a few good years.
If the Pats threw in Harry, it would have cost the Pats another 3rd round pick.

Nah, more like the end of Harry?
I think they do both. Agholor is barely making the field with Parker on the outside, Jakobi in the slot and Bourne the Z. If he wasn't on the books for $15m I would agree with you but there is no way Bill will accept that cap hit for a guy who won't play. They also need the cap space where as they can hold Harry and wait for the right. opportunity for a trade

This move means Agholor is definitely getting traded, cut or forced to take a pay cut. Can't have what is now your 3rd/4th receiver having a $15m cap hit. I'd obviously also look to dump Harry for anything I could get. Would be happy with a 6th or maybe a player for player swap.
Jagahlor back to Vegas?

McDaniels likes him, no?

Jagahlor back to Vegas?

McDaniels likes him, no?
I think a team take on a $9m cap hit if they trade for him, which is reasonable. Doubt we would get much for him though. A 6/7th or maybe a pick swap.

I think Parker is 5.5M this year, 7M next year. Solid. Good value considering the deals some of these guys are getting.

Parker has a long injury history and has had multiple hamstring injuries​

There is no shortage of injuries in Parker’s history. However, the hamstring injuries stand out prominently. According to draftsharks.com, Parker has had 15 documented injuries since entering the NFL in 2015. That is an average of more than two injuries per season since he was drafted. Of those 15 injuries, 7 are recorded as some sort of hamstring injury of varying severities.

Not horrible. Parker has been trending down though.

I should say I don't think Parker isa difference maker but he improves the group and comes pretty cheap in terms of compensation and cap hit so don't hate it, especially if we can get a pick for Harry or Agholor.

Think the two 5ths that we have traded for shows Bill likes the depth in this draft too. We also have an extra 4th next yearfrom the Michel trade and the comp 3rd for JC so it's not so bad.

Shocked the Dolphins would trade him within the division. That’s my only fear here - is there something we don’t know and everyone else does? Takes a bit of the edge off having to worry about all 3 of Hill, Waddle and Parker. The remaining 2 will be tough enough, but all 3 would have been rough.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back